• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    You probably see more CZ's at monthly matches than Vudoo or rimx. At higher level matches you will see Vudoo, rimx, and CZ's used by top competitors.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    So weight is actually helpful unless you are shooting off hand (which has been happening in less matches). NRL22 is definitely the easiest of the three. MARS and PRS can be very competitive but it depends on who shows up.

I see people with CZs at all of the matches and they do well. The RimX and Vudoo really shine once you go past 200. Usually once you pass 200, the targets also increase in size by a lot, so there isn't as much of an advantage.

I would suggest looking at a NRL22 match at AAFG in Annapolis as a first match. I know they also run NRL22 at summit point shooting sports (SPSS). I like the AAFG NRL group bc you can get your dope before the match begins and it's a small crowd. They also have heaters for the winter which is nice.

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    So weight is actually helpful unless you are shooting off hand (which has been happening in less matches). NRL22 is definitely the easiest of the three. MARS and PRS can be very competitive but it depends on who shows up.

I see people with CZs at all of the matches and they do well. The RimX and Vudoo really shine once you go past 200. Usually once you pass 200, the targets also increase in size by a lot, so there isn't as much of an advantage.

I would suggest looking at a NRL22 match at AAFG in Annapolis as a first match. I know they also run NRL22 at summit point shooting sports (SPSS). I like the AAFG NRL group bc you can get your dope before the match begins and it's a small crowd. They also have heaters for the winter which is nice.
    There you go winning the MARS Series and giving out all the secrets. Man??? Lol
    Swaim13, is a great shooter, he is spot on.

My rifle weighs 20 lbs. My son's cz weighs 16.5. He is only 12 years old and doesn't have a problem with the weight. He was also top junior in the MARS series this year.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    You probably see more CZ's at monthly matches than Vudoo or rimx. At higher level matches you will see Vudoo, rimx, and CZ's used by top competitors.
    I didn't see your attachment of your vudoo or CZ rifles. Do you mind reposting them again?

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    What brand and model of bipods are you guys using for your rifles? I assume that it's the 6"-9" length models for prone shooting, correct?

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    What brand and model of bipods are you guys using for your rifles? I assume that it's the 6"-9" length models for prone shooting, correct?
    Most people do the 6-9, some use the next height up but it's user preference based upon prone comfort. I recommend the atlas cal, the accutac bipods, or the mdt ckyepod line. Some use Harris, but it's fewer every year. You also need to decide if you want the panning ability or not.

If you have a bipod, don't go rushing out and buying one. Try what you have. Try other people's gear before buying. Also, don't pay full price. There's a 30% off code for the accutac bipods on PRS website. On black Friday, all of the mdt blems are 40% off, but the website crashes every year

I currently run a ckyepod and have a Harris, but may be picking up an accutac or a longer ckyepod this off season.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Thank you, Swaim13! I currently do not have a bipod. I take a look at the options you listed! And wait for the sales, lol!

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Here are the pics of the Vudoo and the CZ's. Sorry not sure why the did not attach before.

Attachments

• IMG_20230921_105300144_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20230921_105300144_HDR.jpg
      382.9 KB · Views: 59
    • IMG_20230204_171115490.jpg
      IMG_20230204_171115490.jpg
      501.7 KB · Views: 56

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    As far as bipods. I use an atlas most of the time. My son prefers the Accutac. Prone the Atlas works better for me because it is what I am use to. Shooting off of a bench the Accutac is a better bipod for me because you can really lock out the swivel and keep the rifle dead level.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    I installed the Arken Sh4 gen2 4-16 scope on my lefty CZ 452 american. Nice entry level scope! It fit my CZ 452 action perfectly!

I learned that I don't like arca rails mounted to the bottom of my stock. Think I'll go with a picatinny rail for future bipods mounting.

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    You may want to consider keeping the arca rail. It really comes in handy if you decide you want to mount bags to the gun when running stages. It also aids in how the rifle rides on the bag when engaging targets off of props. There will also be situations where you will need to slide the bipod back closer to the action. One example would be shooting off of the top of a barrel. If you chose to use a bipod I doubt you would be able to keep the bipod and the butt of the rifle on the top of the barrel if you were using a small section of pic rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom