• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    So if my explanation makes you mad, walk. That would prove, in fact, you to be intolerant.

If you do walk, please do so sneering and jeering.

:D

not intolerant, not mad, not sneering, not jeering, just facing the fact that Maryland will not be anything but a Democratic stronghold regardless of your 'explanation'

It is my goal to make them MY democrats and not MOM's democrats.

We'll try fixing it and you can watch while promoting division and your own brand of 'tolerance'.
    I'm sure you'll be right there on election night with the big 'I told you so'.
    At least I will have done something to try to fix it and not whiled away my time dreaming of a republican maryland...

Dec 31, 2012
    Let me join this a little. I am a liberties based democrat. I have always believed everyone should be treated equally, no matter what, unless it involves hurting someone else. I believe in the constitution, and the second amendment as a personal right. I believe in sound fiscal policy where taxes go with spending cuts to create balanced, and fair budgets. I even threw in what little help I could early in the DINO uprising including saying, help take my party back. We need to stop creating enemies out of would be allies. Damn it. Do we want to fix this shit, and take out those who have crossed us, or keep bickering while Frosh, and Owe'Malley chuckle about their invincibility? Spare me the lecture about what party I'm with, I voted for Smigiel, and Pipkin. And once, and for all, stop wasting your votes voting libeterian, god only knows where we'd be with out a Paul-esque candidates sucking votes Perro style with absolutely NO hope of victory.

:thumbsup:

I'm done with libertarians in Maryland.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I've linked that a lot.

And I can deny that the democratic party poses the biggest/greater threat to rights and liberty of the people. Sure, you win on the who's better for the second amendment, but there are a lot of amendments out there. Plus, there's a lot more out there than rich white folks or white evangelical types. The republican party hates my guts and would infringe upon my rights elsewhere, of that I have no doubt. Both parties suck in their own ways.

Not necessarily. There is a new wave of Republicans like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz who push a Libertarian based agenda. They buck the traditional view of republicans on most topics.

Let me join this a little. I am a liberties based democrat. I have always believed everyone should be treated equally, no matter what, unless it involves hurting someone else. I believe in the constitution, and the second amendment as a personal right. I believe in sound fiscal policy where taxes go with spending cuts to create balanced, and fair budgets. I even threw in what little help I could early in the DINO uprising including saying, help take my party back. We need to stop creating enemies out of would be allies. Damn it. Do we want to fix this shit, and take out those who have crossed us, or keep bickering while Frosh, and Owe'Malley chuckle about their invincibility? Spare me the lecture about what party I'm with, I voted for Smigiel, and Pipkin. And once, and for all, stop wasting your votes voting libeterian, god only knows where we'd be with out a Paul-esque candidates sucking votes Perro style with absolutely NO hope of victory.

The 2012 MD senate race showed that independent/libertarian candidates can get a significant percentage of the vote.

MD would be a lot better off if there were more libertarian minded Democrats/Republicans in this state.

Dec 31, 2012
    Not necessarily. There is a new wave of Republicans like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz who push a Libertarian based agenda. They buck the traditional view of republicans on most topics.

The 2012 MD senate race showed that independent/libertarian candidates can get a significant percentage of the vote.

MD would be a lot better off if there were more libertarian minded Democrats/Republicans in this state.

Agreed but there is not going to be a big enough paradigm shift in Maryland voters to make that happen..... yet.

Maybe a few of those independent/libertarian candidates will run in the democratic primaries if we throw enough DINO and pro-2A democrats into the mix.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Really all it showed me was that Ben Cardin got his seat saved by Rob Sobani by splitting the vote between 3 candidates, and making sure Dan Bonigino DIDN'T get elected, and I voted for Dan, so don't go there either.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Really all it showed me was that Ben Cardin got his seat saved by Rob Sobani by splitting the vote between 3 candidates, and making sure Dan Bonigino DIDN'T get elected, and I voted for Dan, so don't go there either.

Boingino got 26.7%

Even if you added the 16.6% from Sobani, he would only be at 43.3 to Cardin's 55.4.

Which isn't really any different than the 44.2% Stelle got against Cardin in 2006.

Face it MD will not have a non democratic Senator in the future.

Likelihood for any more Republican representatives is also nil.

So that leave us with the only the state senate/house (which we are pretty much conceding with project DINO).

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    To the last guy, top of the page. I'm on your side. But keep in mind that Maryland is the 44th in the Free-est States listing released recently.

Up hill battle.

As to tolerance, there's only 1 type.

Real simple and in the dictionary but leftists have warped the concept so badly, needs recovery.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Boingino got 26.7%

Even if you added the 16.6% from Sobani, he would only be at 43.3 to Cardin's 55.4.

Which isn't really any different than the 44.2% Stelle got against Cardin in 2006.

Face it MD will not have a non democratic Senator in the future.

Likelihood for any more Republican representatives is also nil.

So that leave us with the only the state senate/house (which we are pretty much conceding with project DINO).

Yes but you also have to take into account the number of voters that voted for Cardin out of over-saturation of information. When you have 3 candidates running, the amount of information that each person is bombarded with increases exponentially, to the point that many people would become confused, and just vote the status quot just to get it over with. The fact is, every time there is a national level election with 3 candidates or more for a congressional seat, things just get plain messy.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Yes but you also have to take into account the number of voters that voted for Cardin out of over-saturation of information. When you have 3 candidates running, the amount of information that each person is bombarded with increases exponentially, to the point that many people would become confused, and just vote the status quot just to get it over with. The fact is, every time there is a national level election with 3 candidates or more for a congressional seat, things just get plain messy.

That is still not going to overcome a 12.1% deficit. Not to mention I generously allocated all of Sobani's votes to Boingino, even though I am sure there were people that only voted in this race because Sobani was running.

Now we may be able to get Mikulski in 2016, but Cardin is safe for the foreseeable future.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I see in this thread a bunch of Democrats who are trying to justify the party isn't as bad to us as it is. Don't blame the right for your voting in the current crop of statists.
    Sorry guys, you knew that voting D will always result in more spending, more government and more infringement on our rights ESPECIALLY 2A.
    Continue to blame the Republicans for your woes...not gonna work. If the MD legislature had been controlled by the right, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Go cry in your milk elsewhere.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    I see in this thread a bunch of Democrats who are trying to justify the party isn't as bad to us as it is. Don't blame the right for your voting in the current crop of statists.
    Sorry guys, you knew that voting D will always result in more spending, more government and more infringement on our rights ESPECIALLY 2A.
    Continue to blame the Republicans for your woes...not gonna work. If the MD legislature had been controlled by the right, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Go cry in your milk elsewhere.

Actually it is a bunch of democrats saying stop alienating those who can help us fight back in 2014 when we need them the most when we can actually have a chance to unseat these bastards. And where is the people saying they voted in the statists exactly? I don't see anything like that. There is no milk involved, just the usual swoop in, oh your democrats, post an attack, pat each other on the back, and crack another beer. Congratz, your doing Marty's job for him. The whole point was stop focusing on the dividing points, and focus on how to make them pay politically. And where is the republican blaming huh? No one said anything about blame republicans for the current state of affairs, the point was not to force-feed republican points that all democrats are evil on top of our message about focusing on the 2nd amendment protections we are all guaranteed.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Actually it is a bunch of democrats saying stop alienating those who can help us fight back in 2014 when we need them the most when we can actually have a chance to unseat these bastards. And where is the people saying they voted in the statists exactly? I don't see anything like that. There is no milk involved, just the usual swoop in, oh your democrats, post an attack, pat each other on the back, and crack another beer. Congratz, your doing Marty's job for him. The whole point was stop focusing on the dividing points, and focus on how to make them pay politically. And where is the republican blaming huh? No one said anything about blame republicans for the current state of affairs, the point was not to force-feed republican points that all democrats are evil on top of our message about focusing on the 2nd amendment protections we are all guaranteed.

Nice go of it... but no cigar.
    Democrats are ruining this country in more ways than 2A and I won't sit idly by listening (reading) to you guys trying to defend yourselves for helping.
    I'm off to bed.. I work tomorrow.

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    You cannot deny that the Democratic Party poses the biggest/greater threat to the rights and liberty of people in the USA.

:sad20: Buddy, seriously, that ain't helpful. I've got my own views on the whole democrat vs republican thing, but the focus of THIS fight and THIS forum is on the gun issue. Right now, I'd take a pro-gun liberal in the stat house vs a republican, libertarian, alien, whatever who doesn't have a vote. We can hem and haw over the other issues later, let's focus on the main one for now.

Dec 31, 2012

That sums it up nicely.

Dec 31, 2012
    I registered as a Democrat in January 2013 despite voting in Maryland for the last 20 years as unafilliated. I've voted them all, D,R,I, and L.

The one thing learned from all of that was the simple fact that outside of a 'D' primary my vote is not worth squat. Yes there are districts where that is not the case, but not many, and that will not be changing anytime soon.

Beat them from within.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    IMHO, this thread is an embarrassment.

Those of you pushing for a referendum because you think democrats will turn out in droves to help support 2A need to read this thread. How many democrats are going to vote for a referendum when a democrat on this forum can't go without being attacked? I thought we were smarter than this. Like it or not, there are a lot of people out there that share views on 2A, but hold widely diverging opinions on other matters. If you can't support their freedom to do so, I don't see how you can expect them to respect yours. The personal attacks need to stop. This thread is a good view into why I've always been an independent and why my stomach is turning at the thought of registering with a party.

Smh.

Your friendly neighborhood independent/libertarian

Jan 28, 2013
    Maryland has been gerrymandered since the last election, your chances of defeating a D are even less than they were before. Your chances of defeating that same D with another D are not only better, they are absurdly easy in some cases; less than 1000 votes will unseat an incumbent. How hard is that? As hard as holding your nose and forgetting about your protest vote for the other party of your choice.

I'm convinced that the DINO strategy is going to work. I'm also convinced that it will not work if people have illusions about electing conservative Democrats during the first election. Ds have been entrenched in Maryland for the last 40 years or more, that is how much time you should expect to spend getting them out. Be patient. We're going to scare them if we have an impact in the 2014 primary; we'll make them laugh if we splinter our effort and fail.

Priority #1 - Defeat the legislators who voted for SB281
    Priority #2 - Defeat them with a conservative replacement

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I spend a good portion of my week telling people to stop using words like "libtard" and "**** the demorats"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom