• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Gallup polls show self declared gun ownership by self declared Democrats to be at an all time high as of October 26, 2011. The data is a little dated but I think it is safe to asssume that if anything the rate of gun ownership by Democrats has increased since then. Anecdotally I can confirm that with the number of Democrats I know that have bought guns recently.

2009 to 2011 saw a 25% increase in the number of Democrats reporting owning a gun.

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/self-reported-gun-ownership-highest-1993.aspx

This is useful in regards to influencing non-DINO democrats to vote against anti-2A incumbent Democrats in the primaries.

You should not assume real Democrats don't own guns and are not influenced by the recent laws.

You should not try to influence their choices by stating your dislike for their party.

The bottom line:
    When trying to sway people to vote against anti-2A incumbents in the primary, tone down the anti-democratic fervor and focus on the anti-gun choices of the incumbent. We need real Democratic voters as well as DINO's in order to alter as many primary outcomes as possible.

Remember this is about turning over the seats and making them pay attention even if it means electing another Democrat to replace them.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    And please, for the love of all that is good with this world, don't tell them they're why we have this craptastic law. It's annoying as **** to hear that somehow I should believe one right trumps everything else I believe in and should've voted republican. That does not gain you ground with a liberal gun owner.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    And please, for the love of all that is good with this world, don't tell them they're why we have this craptastic law. It's annoying as **** to hear that somehow I should believe one right trumps everything else I believe in and should've voted republican. That does not gain you ground with a liberal gun owner.

Well seeing as the vast majority of gun control legislation isn't being proposed by Republican politicians.....

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Well seeing as the vast majority of gun control legislation isn't being proposed by Republican politicians.....

Well, if we had more parties out there.

Point being, you'll lose liberal gun owners if you come out and paint them as the villain. We're victims here too.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    But, but "Gun" are so antiquated.

So is the Constitution ...

Well, at least that is how I always here it coming from Democrats but in regard to Social Values and the Constitution.

It unfortunate, when you think you have a friend and he the politician (D) stabs you in the back.

I'm just posting these ideas because I want you to understand my frustration.

Republicans will not allow this country to be a Paper Tiger (go look it up). So it's as if I was a Pacifist and a Conscientious Objector - Yet I vote for Republicans due to Eminent Domain and Thriving business environment.

Then

Then, when war breaks out because we lost at Pearl Habor or at World Trade Center Part 2; Now, all of a sudden I'm shocked, just shocked ...

"How dare a Republican Admin take us to war over Pearl Harbor / WTC 2."

You people baffle me sometimes.

So go and fix it. If it means voting Republican then do it. If you vote Democrat and we get Confiscation then Deal With It.

!!!

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover

Well, at least that is how I always here it coming from Democrats but in regard to Social Values and the Constitution.

It unfortunate, when you think you have a friend and he the politician (D) stabs you in the back.

Republicans will not allow this country to be a Paper Tiger (go look it up). So it's as if I was a Pacifist and a Conscientious Objector - Yet I vote for Republicans due to Eminent Domain and Thriving business environment.

Then

Then, when war breaks out because we lost at Pearl Habor or at World Trade Center Part 2; Now, all of a sudden I'm shocked, just shocked ...

So go and fix it. If it means voting Republican then do it. If you vote Democrat and we get Confiscation then Deal With It.

!!!

Yeah, this is an example of what doesn't help win over liberal gun owners.

If democrats already have a supermajority in this state, you'll have to understand that you need to change them from within. Being a DINO is great and all, but all that is is votes, and we won't know how effective it is until 2014. Now if every republican in this state and those liberal gun owners put pressure on the guys in office, we may be able to get them to abandon these gun control efforts that we all know won't work anyways.

That won't happen if you make it a republican vs democrat thing, only a pro 2A or anti 2A thing. And we could sure use groups like MSI who aren't associated with the NRA becoming a name even non-gun owners hear, because believe me, liberals hate the NRA, some irrationally so, others, like me, tolerate them because we have a common goal.

So quit saying things like liberals are not really a part of this fight or that we'll just turn on you later. As much as you despise our other politics or think we're not really going to stick up for the 2nd amendment, tolerate us like I tolerated (and joined) the NRA. Without us, you may not have the numbers and you'll definitely not have a way of influencing the democratic party's mindset away from the ultra-left on this issue.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I don't give a crap about party affiliation. I care about issues. If you're a "D" who has a proper liberal view of civil liberties, all civil liberties, respects the rule of law and votes to try and stay out of my business, economic and personal, I'll vote for you. Same goes for an "R", "L", "I", etc.

You believe in a "buffet view" of the Constitution (some rights are good, others bad and antiquated), the government can solve every problem and you know what is best for me and want more of my money, I don't care about the letter next to your name. I'll vote for the person running against you in the primary and in the general election if you make it that far.

Matt

Dec 31, 2012

Then

!!!

Case in point.

Dec 31, 2012
    I don't give a crap about party affiliation. I care about issues. If you're a "D" who has a proper liberal view of civil liberties, all civil liberties, respects the rule of law and votes to try and stay out of my business, economic and personal, I'll vote for you. Same goes for an "R", "L", "I", etc.

You believe in a "buffet view" of the Constitution (some rights are good, others bad and antiquated), the government can solve every problem and you know what is best for me and want more of my money, I don't care about the letter next to your name. I'll vote for the person running against you in the primary and in the general election if you make it that far.

Matt

:thumbsup:

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Well, if we had more parties out there.

Point being, you'll lose liberal gun owners if you come out and paint them as the villain. We're victims here too.

Well you could always start voting for independent/libertarian/other 3rd party candidates. (or at the very least get a pro gun/moderate 2A supporter democrat in office)

Face it, if we swapped the number of republicans and democrats in the state senate/house, do you think SB 281 would have passed?

No.

You cannot deny that the Democratic Party poses the biggest/greater threat to the rights and liberty of people in the USA.

I'd suggest you read this:

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/item/the-post-in-which-i-piss-off-everybody

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    Besides the civil right of gun ownership, there is also the gas tax, 7% sales tax, and windmills. Use every available tool in the toolbox.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Gun ownership varies widely across the country. The poll stats I found a week ago said MD ownership was at 23% of MD households. Fifth lowest state

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah, this is an example of what doesn't help win over liberal gun owners.

If democrats already have a supermajority in this state, you'll have to understand that you need to change them from within. Being a DINO is great and all, but all that is is votes, and we won't know how effective it is until 2014. Now if every republican in this state and those liberal gun owners put pressure on the guys in office, we may be able to get them to abandon these gun control efforts that we all know won't work anyways.

That won't happen if you make it a republican vs democrat thing, only a pro 2A or anti 2A thing. And we could sure use groups like MSI who aren't associated with the NRA becoming a name even non-gun owners hear, because believe me, liberals hate the NRA, some irrationally so, others, like me, tolerate them because we have a common goal.

So quit saying things like liberals are not really a part of this fight or that we'll just turn on you later. As much as you despise our other politics or think we're not really going to stick up for the 2nd amendment, tolerate us like I tolerated (and joined) the NRA. Without us, you may not have the numbers and you'll definitely not have a way of influencing the democratic party's mindset away from the ultra-left on this issue.

I can only tolerate you if I disagree with you. I disagree with you on other politics so hence I tolerate you. As for 2nd amendment issues, we are on the same team.

It's your issue to fix, good luck.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Well you could always start voting for independent/libertarian/other 3rd party candidates. (or at the very least get a pro gun/moderate 2A supporter democrat in office)

Face it, if we swapped the number of republicans and democrats in the state senate/house, do you think SB 281 would have passed?

No.

You cannot deny that the Democratic Party poses the biggest/greater threat to the rights and liberty of people in the USA.

I'd suggest you read this:

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/item/the-post-in-which-i-piss-off-everybody

I've linked that a lot.

And I can deny that the democratic party poses the biggest/greater threat to rights and liberty of the people. Sure, you win on the who's better for the second amendment, but there are a lot of amendments out there. Plus, there's a lot more out there than rich white folks or white evangelical types. The republican party hates my guts and would infringe upon my rights elsewhere, of that I have no doubt. Both parties suck in their own ways.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Let me join this a little. I am a liberties based democrat. I have always believed everyone should be treated equally, no matter what, unless it involves hurting someone else. I believe in the constitution, and the second amendment as a personal right. I believe in sound fiscal policy where taxes go with spending cuts to create balanced, and fair budgets. I even threw in what little help I could early in the DINO uprising including saying, help take my party back. We need to stop creating enemies out of would be allies. Damn it. Do we want to fix this shit, and take out those who have crossed us, or keep bickering while Frosh, and Owe'Malley chuckle about their invincibility? Spare me the lecture about what party I'm with, I voted for Smigiel, and Pipkin. And once, and for all, stop wasting your votes voting libeterian, god only knows where we'd be with out a Paul-esque candidates sucking votes Perro style with absolutely NO hope of victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom