• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    IWB holsters require bigger pants and are generally not confortable for all day carry IMHO.

Galco makes good stuff though, so buy with confidence.

This.

Most people who carry daily are fibbing if they say it is comfy all day and they love xxx holster. Or someone who has rarely carried.

You will never get more comfort than a belt holster. I have probably 2k worth of holsters over the years and have found nothing better than the Galco concealable belt holster. I have been rotating two of them over the past ten years and are very concealable and comfortable. Even on 20 hour days.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The problem I have seen first hand with these kydex "tuck" type holsters is drawing.

I have many co workers who use these. In fighting/retention/drawing scenarios, I have seen more than a couple of them come right out of their pants. Most people won't train to draw their weapon out of these properly. They require a good "snap" to come out.

Each and every time my friends would go to "pull" the pistol out, without the "snap" and out comes the holster and all. Kind of tough when someone has their arms around your neck from behind and you have to shoot them.

Good luck drawing out of one of these when you are seated, with a seatbelt on. You have to get your seatbelt off, extend your legs forward so you can "plank" straight to get a good draw. Whoever said they wear theirs 12 hours while driving, good luck with that paper weight you have in your pants if you would really needed it while sitting in the seat.

At least with a belt holster, you can slide it to a more forward position ( providing you put it on the forward sides of the belt loops) for a better draw if you are sitting or even when walking to avoid the printing as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom