• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    anyone here seen a king tuk in person to find out how it compares to the crossbreed supertuck(combat cut) or the comp tac minotaur? looks interesting and a lot cheaper than crossbreed or comp tac competitors.
    KingTuk.jpg
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=4076&CatalogID=7

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    I haven't been able to get any King Tuk's yet, but I did just get a new Galco Triton ITP and I like it!!! :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    IWB holsters require bigger pants and are generally not confortable for all day carry IMHO.

Galco makes good stuff though, so buy with confidence.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    haha been reading about it over at xdtalk....apparently the owner of xdtalk also owns the crossbreed brand. Interesting level of pissed off over there.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    anyone here seen a king tuk in person to find out how it compares to the crossbreed supertuck(combat cut) or the comp tac minotaur? looks interesting and a lot cheaper than crossbreed or comp tac competitors.

I haven't seen it in person, but it doesn't look like it adjusts as much as the Comp-tac. I have the Spartan version of the Minotaur, so it is only $5 more than this one, but you can adjust it to your preference as far as depth and cant.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=102

edit: I just read the description of the KingTuk and it says it's adjustable, I guess the holes are just covered up in the picture?

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I would want to see it in person. From the picture, the connection between the plastic/kydex and leather looks very Fobus-like.....i.e. cheap and easily broken.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    haha been reading about it over at xdtalk....apparently the owner of xdtalk also owns the crossbreed brand. Interesting level of pissed off over there.

"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else"

da Vinci

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I would want to see it in person. From the picture, the connection between the plastic/kydex and leather looks very Fobus-like.....i.e. cheap and easily broken.

"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else"

da Vinci

always intelligent and respected feedback from ya rob:thumbsup:

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    FWIW, I use the comptac version of this, and I like it. However, I have found the hardware to need loctite. The screws like to loosen up and fall out.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Not a single Ruger on the list, what a bunch of turds. They look ok, all the leather/kydex IWB's function the same and there is hardly a company that isn't doing it these days. I find my Kholster is more comfortable than my OWB because of the weight distribution.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I keep reading that the Supertuck has a patent pending but I don't see any reference to this on their web site. It sure hasn't stopped anyone else from making them.

I think the original one was from Tucker Gunleather's The Answer. It has an option for leather lined Kydex. Got one for my Kimber and I have the MTAC and Supertuck for my other pistols.

I don't see how you can patent a holster. They all are designed to carry a firearm. That usually isn't enough for a patent to be issued.

Hype? Who knows.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I keep reading that the Supertuck has a patent pending but I don't see any reference to this on their web site. It sure hasn't stopped anyone else from making them.

I think the original one was from Tucker Gunleather's The Answer. It has an option for leather lined Kydex. Got one for my Kimber and I have the MTAC and Supertuck for my other pistols.

I don't see how you can patent a holster. They all are designed to carry a firearm. That usually isn't enough for a patent to be issued.

Hype? Who knows.

Apple tried to patent the process of touching a screen as an input device on a phone. Didn't work so well.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    A member here posted a notice that Kholster was having a sale a few weeks back. Looks exactly like the Crossbreed Super-Tuck design. A Piece of Kydex (or some kind of plastic) riveted to a piece of leather. I bought 2 for $38.00 a piece. The leather was larger than the Cross Bread, so I trimmed it with a razor knife to match my cross breed Super-Tuck. Drill some holes where you want the belt keepers and it is the same thing for half price.

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    Having seen this style of holster (it was a crossbreed) drawn from by a professional and the whole holster came out with the gun (which seemed pretty embarrasing to him), I am dubious of using these until they improve the attachment to the belt.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The plain clips hook over your belt and seem ok to me. They do have some concealment type J hooks that are not as secure. regular clips don't have that issue IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom