• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    BTW, who is that hunk with the "Run Guns" T-shirt with Jim Fuller?

Attachments

• rifledynamics.jpg
      rifledynamics.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 663

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but by shorty, you mean the stock and not the rifle as an SBR, correct?

The buttstock length on one of these is either the longer, "NATO" length or the shorter "Warsaw" length. I think it is about 1.5 inches difference? So the length of pull is going to be shorter on these.

You can obviously swap the furniture out or get a butt-pad (I will probably have to do that, I'm a big guy and I always want a longer length of pull it seems like).

I am pretty stoked for these - that is a really great price if he can bring them in for around $850 with the CHF barrel these days. Shop around, you can find them for less with inferior, U.S. barrels, but a good Bulgarian build with a CHF for c. $850 is outstanding.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    want much

yeah, I'm really wanting one NOW. Looking to get this as an early b-day gift to myself since my B-day is in Nov. Engage, please keep us posted on earliest avaliability! Seriously send me a PM even!

Chris Rummel

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but by shorty, you mean the stock and not the rifle as an SBR, correct?

Exactly boss I meant the stock. The Warsaw stocks are shorter than the NATO length which is found on some Bulgy rifles. The Soviets had shorter stocks to ease shouldering in heavy winter clothing.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Exactly boss I meant the stock. The Warsaw stocks are shorter than the NATO length which is found on some Bulgy rifles. The Soviets had shorter stocks to ease shouldering in heavy winter clothing.

Cool, thank you. I'm liking the build a lot, couldn't afford to like it if it was going to be an SBR. :D

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    another quick question

I have another quick question, will these rifles have the side optic mounting rail? would that be optional? Just saying because the one I'm building will not have the optic rail, so I want one of the 74's to have it.

Chris Rummel

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    We're almost there.

I think what we might end up doing is a basic model and an enhanced model. I really would like to do something special, on at least some of them (Ultimak, enhanced trigger, Krebbs selector, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom