• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Every single picture they ever post of their stuff is super cringe. I think a lot of people have seen me doing my thing wearing a yarmulka, proud observant Jew here, but fetishizing the IDF (or any other military) is gross in my book.
    Never seen their stuff. Not likely to be going there as I'm good to go on the uzi as well as most subguns. From what I am gathering, they are selling firearms tourism. If it's working for them, whatever. If someone gets F'd up, we will see how good their insurance is.

As for fetishizing any group, well, people do that. Just look at youtube gun stuff (one reason I tend not to). Then all the crap with Budweisers (the SEAL one, not the tranny one) or other .mil symbols all over it that's sold. How many people wear .mil or .mil-bro brands/clothing/etc and were never .mil? I'd venture to say more than a few.

That said, I got a couple opportunities to shoot with some israeli Diplomatic security guys and damn. Much respect to them for their pistol and carbine skills. I got revenge for them embarrassing my pistol game when we pushed out to distance, though.

You are good to go in my book. And no points deducted for the yarmulke!

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Remembering back to the 80's when I volunteered with the IDF one summer to help out the troops. I was getting a picture posing with an uzi. One of the soldiers came up laughing asking why I wanted to be photographed with a girls gun. He handed me his M16 and I got a great shot standing guard at the base gate. Wish I could find the pic.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That said, I got a couple opportunities to shoot with some israeli Diplomatic security guys and damn. Much respect to them for their pistol and carbine skills. I got revenge for them embarrassing my pistol game when we pushed out to distance, though.
    Funny, last time I shot with one of them, I wasn't so impressed. But maybe I just got them on a bad day.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Funny, last time I shot with one of them, I wasn't so impressed. But maybe I just got them on a bad day.
    Like any group, there's good, bad, and ugly. I suspect that these two were "diplomatic security". I got to shoot against a couple of AMU guys at the staff shoot for a PRS match and wrecked them but if it comes down to XC match either of them would hand me my ass even on my best day. We all have our games.

I don't read hebrew (and you weren't there to help me out) so their patches were mostly a mystery to me but I described an unusual insignia on their kit to a co-worker and he pegged it as shayetet. Batman like wings off a shield with a sword point up, IIRC.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I spent a week in TLV doing some stuff with airport security agents and Air Marshals. At my best back then, I was shit hot. But these guys shooting steel, sounded like 10 slot machines hitting the jackpot all at once. They didn't wear cool shit or anything. Just clothes lol

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I spent a week in TLV doing some stuff with airport security agents and Air Marshals. At my best back then, I was shit hot. But these guys shooting steel, sounded like 10 slot machines hitting the jackpot all at once. They didn't wear cool shit or anything. Just clothes lol
    At least they had clothes on, catching some hot brass on your dong would hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom