• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    looks like a good turnout is shapin up! can't wait. if i get me some practice in, james and i might just have to shoot it out, and if he beats my bushmaster, i'll just have to make the girlfriend kick his tail with her Savage......

If we have to resort to having women defend our honor, I call Eshell's daughter on my team. :)

I probably won't shoot much more than a little bit of 22lr since my hand still feels like crap after surgery. This will be the first time I'll get to shoot right handed since then.

Shooting left handed was a dismal failure and reinforced the fact that learning to shoot weak handed is in order.

I'll start the official "Who's Attending?" Poll after New's Years so we can have an accurate headcount.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I just thought of an idea for a target. Not sure if its been said before, but does anyone have an old car that they dont want? That could be fun.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    can someone edit the first post in this thread with time, location directions etc. Stuff that first timers can find easily. I'd like to come but i dont want to pan through 13 pages to find that.

We usually start a new thread with all of the specifics a few weeks out. I'll have range safety rules, directions, costs and competition info.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i need to start shooting weak handed again. i can't shoot left-only with my Steyr for beans. 1911 i can still do half-ok, but only on slow fire. start talkin about fast fire or trying to double tap, and it is more like me doing two single taps separated by an intermission for refreshments....

maybe i'll bring my holsters to the shoot and somebody can teach me what i'm doing wrong. i know there must be something, cuz at 25 yards at continental, i was doing horribly with my M40A1. i'm minute-of-pie-plate at most ranges, but further out i think i need some tips. used to be on a dime all day with a 1911, but that was a while back. i need to relearn. any old pros (or young guns) care to take pity on me?

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    I just stopped by DSC on Thurs. 27th. Nice people and a great relaxing range with alot of real nice shooters. People were willing to swap guns and shoot the breeze. This is the first time I have shot steel plate targets (at the pistol range) that sure was fun. I brought my AR carbine and a new Sigma 9mm and my Taurus MilPro PT138. The little Taurus 380 was gonging plates in no time. Hope to meet some new people. Sure has been quiet on the shore since Daves closed up.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    yep, its now the tin mans shop. its a general store and custom bike shop. has some ammo but thats it. great people but no more guns. the stuff at the auction went cheap.

Coyoteman

May 2, 2007
    Maryland
    I would like to come and see what this is all about. I know that every time I ger around guns and shooters, I have a hell of a good time. If I bring my AR, do you think I could get some of you guys with a little more experience with them to look at it and see why it will not extract?
    John

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I would like to come and see what this is all about. I know that every time I ger around guns and shooters, I have a hell of a good time. If I bring my AR, do you think I could get some of you guys with a little more experience with them to look at it and see why it will not extract?
    John

Yes, not a problem. You should always carry an extra extractor and spring.

Coyoteman

May 2, 2007
    Maryland
    I have already replaced the extractor and the spring twice. When My daughtors bot friend came home from Iraq last month, I had him go thru the whole gun,(he is a weapons tech), and other than cleaning, he couldn't see anything wrong with it. I just don't have a place to shoot near here to check it. I always go up to Garrett County and shoot at the Gunpowder Range. Long drive, but a great little range.
    John

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    John

What ammo? What's the round count?

Usually it's ammo related, but could be a gas system problem, gas rings worn out, blocked gas tube. Is it a carbine?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom