• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Mother effer... mobilizing my friends and family for another round of emails tonight. I am drafting a literal pile of typed, printed letters tomorrow to be sent out Monday. We need to create a literal onslaught of correspondence. This fight will only go our way if we hit them with wave after wave after wave of letters letting them know we oppose this, and anyone who supports it will go down in flames in the next election if we have anything to do with it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

P226RN

Not your average girl
    Jun 28, 2010
    Just got this one back a few minutes ago....

Dear Constituent,

This letter is prepared for you so that you will know my position on gun control and any anticipated legislation.

While I certainly support the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the U.S.A. which provides the right to bear arms; I strongly support any and all efforts to strengthen our gun laws so that instances of gun violence will no longer be a way of life for far too many people/victims/families.

I am a co-sponsor (and apparently a complete idiot too) of House Bill 107 which reduces to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a detachable magazine for a firearm.

I am also a co-sponsor of House Bill 490 which makes it misdemeanor to possess or use specified firearm ammunition during and in relation to the commission of a crime; the bill also establishes appropriate penalties. why not make it a felony? For more information on these two bills, please refer to the Maryland General Assembly website and look up the bills by their numbers.

As always, it is my honor to represent you in the Maryland General Assembly. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time for additional information or to let me know your position and opinion on any issue of interest to you.

Thank you,

Cheryl D. Glenn

Cheryl D. Glenn

State Delegate, 45th Legislative District

410-841-3257 (Annapolis Office)

Cheryl.glenn@house.state.md.us

Fired back a short response:

You do realize that a reduced capacity magazine law will only hurt law abiding citizens and not criminals........... right? Imagine you are home with your two small children and three armed men commit a home invasion. You reach for you pistol or rifle and know you only have ten rounds to fire to protect your two kids and yourself. Meanwhile the criminals (who do not care about the laws you write) are each carrying a pistol with 20 rounds or a maybe rifle with 30 rounds. Chances are they will win this battle. And you will lose because legislators told the good people of this country that they could only have 10 rounds in a magazine. And we complied because we care about the law and criminals don't. You are literally killing the good people of this country with such proposals which will leave us defenseless....

Common sense legislation would go after stricter criminal punishments and better access to mental health care. They would not take away from law abiding citizens. But, alas, there seems to be a lack of common sense these days.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Can someone please clarify what is going on with Monday evening? Is that when the vote is happening or what? Why the odd time of day?

Monday evenings are the evening session of the week so they can go home early on Friday. In other words, there will be no one in the office till then....

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

Dear Constituent,

This letter is prepared for you so that you will know my position on gun control and any anticipated legislation.

While I certainly support the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the U.S.A. which provides the right to bear arms; I strongly support any and all efforts to strengthen our gun laws so that instances of gun violence will no longer be a way of life for far too many people/victims/families.

I am a co-sponsor (and apparently a complete idiot too) of House Bill 107 which reduces to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a detachable magazine for a firearm.

I am also a co-sponsor of House Bill 490 which makes it misdemeanor to possess or use specified firearm ammunition during and in relation to the commission of a crime; the bill also establishes appropriate penalties. why not make it a felony? For more information on these two bills, please refer to the Maryland General Assembly website and look up the bills by their numbers.

As always, it is my honor to represent you in the Maryland General Assembly. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time for additional information or to let me know your position and opinion on any issue of interest to you.

Thank you,

Cheryl D. Glenn

Cheryl D. Glenn

You do realize that a reduced capacity magazine law will only hurt law abiding citizens and not criminals........... right? Imagine you are home with your two small children and three armed men commit a home invasion. You reach for you pistol or rifle and know you only have ten rounds to fire to protect your two kids and yourself. Meanwhile the criminals (who do not care about the laws you write) are each carrying a pistol with 20 rounds or a maybe rifle with 30 rounds. Chances are they will win this battle. And you will lose because legislators told the good people of this country that they could only have 10 rounds in a magazine. And we complied because we care about the law and criminals don't. You are literally killing the good people of this country with such proposals which will leave us defenseless....

Common sense legislation would go after stricter criminal punishments and better access to mental health care. They would not take away from law abiding citizens. But, alas, there seems to be a lack of common sense these days.

That, combined with the fact that the VA Tech shooter had two small handguns and the shooter simply brought a backpack full of loaded magazines. Same with the Long Island shooter years ago.

These people are retarded.

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD

Dear Constituent,

Thank you,

Cheryl D. Glenn

Cheryl D. Glenn

Excellent response! Now if we could only get hundreds of Democrats from her district to email her directly and let her know that they will work to put her out of office for taking this position. Her comment "While I support the second amendment" is nothing more than a ploy to pull the wool over the eyes of the people in her district.

Speaker Bush is one of my Delegates who has been using the same language and he has never supported the second amendment a day in his life! I have already been trying to get everyone in our district to can that clown next election...The people of district 30 and the entire State of Maryland for that matter will be alot better off with him gone...

rocksnsticks

Jan 20, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Multiple emails sent

Sending out emails stating distain for the rapid vote and how when asked (by them) for our votes/assistance in their elections we too will mumble under our breath "take your chances".

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    Sent to ALL from mine and my old lady's email...

Doing our best to represent...Hoping they listen...praying they listen...

Doc

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    associated gun clubs reports that the volume of emails has dropped fron 100, 000 per day before the feb 6 hearing to under 2000 per day since the hearing.

WHAT THE FRICK?

Will send a few more while I watch Gold Rush.

Kondor

May 23, 2011
    Silver Spring
    Just sent this to the entire committee:

Good evening,

I am writing you to express my opposition to SB 281. The state of Maryland already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country. We do not need more laws on the books.

Low-income housing developments tend to coincide with high crime areas, where residents are disproportionately racial minorities. I understand the need to ensure responsible gun ownership, but the path to that goal should not be through licensing and insurance fees that are tantamount to gun-ownership taxation and represent a financial burden to those who feel they need firearms for personal protection. This is nothing more than a common poll tax.

We should instead focus on giving our children the protection they deserve. I personally went to school in Anne Arundel county, and we always had a Public Resource Officer at our school every day. This small step will do so much more than the Governor's plan to add surveillance cameras and bullet resistant doors in all of our schools.

The problem is not law-abiding citizens exercising their second amendment right.

I am a registered Democrat, and will vote out any Democrat in the primaries that support this bill.

I've lived in Maryland almost my entire life. If this bill passes, I will not hesitate to move my tax dollars elsewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt they'll care about me being registered as a Democrat, but it will make me feel a lot better during the primaries! :D

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    Question regarding emails to the Judicial Proceedings Committee: Should we be sending emails to ALL the members (even Senator Jacobs), or are we just targeting everyone except Jacobs, Shank, and Getty? I'm all for emailing (and am going to; I'm even trying to enlist people who aren't gunners, but DO support gun ownership). However, I want to respect the people who (I believe) are already in our corner and not just be a pest to them.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Question regarding emails to the Judicial Proceedings Committee: Should we be sending emails to ALL the members (even Senator Jacobs), or are we just targeting everyone except Jacobs, Shank, and Getty? I'm all for emailing (and am going to; I'm even trying to enlist people who aren't gunners, but DO support gun ownership). However, I want to respect the people who (I believe) are already in our corner and not just be a pest to them.

I would say blanket everyone. I think it gives the good guys confidence when they are seeing thousands of emails in their inbox too IMHO.

I could be wrong though, I'm usually wrong.

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    Well, it is a good point. If it is an email, though, I can easily add a couple lines at the beginning for Getty, Jacobs, and Shank, thanking them for the efforts I witnessed on the 6th, and letting them know that I'm just remind the entire committee that I am wholeheartedly against SB281 and any additional gun control laws.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    We need to start a phone call campaign for Monday.... phone rally to tie up the phone lines in MD all day with opponents calling in.

Who else thinks this is a good idea?

I'm game. Hell I'm game to go to Annapolis on monday and start knocking on doors. I'm available any time after noon-ish. Let me know if someone wants to meet.

usmc_mech02

Jan 4, 2013
    My letter:

It was recently brought to my attention that SB281 may be being brought up for a vote within the senate committee sooner than was previously planned. Since I was denied the opportunity to speak against this proposed legislation even after taking a full day off of work and waiting over 2 hours in line, I am contacting you to express my strong opposition to this bill.

The portions of this bill that proscribe licensing and limitations on what kind of firearm a citizen is allowed to own would create an onerous and unconstitutional burden on every law abiding Marylander. Additionally and, as was elicited by the testimony at the hearing, the measures proposed to address mental health are not well though out. The solution to this problem requires far more consideration with respect to feasibility and efficacy than a simple amendment of this bill could implement.

I urge all of you, especially those on the judiciary committee, to focus on legislation that impacts those who would do harm to others and not attempt to eviscerate the constitutionally protected rights of those who only want to be able to protect their loved ones.

This issue is of the utmost importance to me I will heavily consider your treatment when next I am called to cast my vote.

My sincere thanks for your consideration.

Sent this over AGC. Feel free to use.

I am concerned about legislation that has been introduced this session. Specifically SB281. I am also concerned about the other measures being introduced to deprive Maryland's citizens of their Constitutional rights. There is legislation in both houses that would place a large tax on ammunition, which would place a burden on hunters and sportsmen. This is in direct contradiction to the Govenors claim that "Hunters have nothing to fear from us" I have also seen legislation that would require gun owners to get liability insurance and get a letter from a psychiatrist 30 days before buying a gun.

ALL of this legislation violates the very principles our Founding Fathers fought a war for. April 18, 1775 the british army marched on the towns of Lexinton and Concord with orders to confiscate and destroy the arms in possession of civilians. The citizens resisted, and the War for Independence was begun. Our Constitution was written and the Right to keep and bear arms was protected to ensure that no government could ever again attempt what the british tried that day. Now you, a government body, are trying the same thing in the name of public safety.

I could go on about how features such as grips, magazine size and flash hiders are all just cosmetic features, but I wont. None of it matters. Your power as a governing body is derived from the people who allow you to govern. It doesnt matter what you personally think about the legislation. It only matters what the PEOPLE think and what the Constitution says. The people of Maryland do not want any of this legislation. In the past month, over 600,000 emails have been sent in opposition of this legislation, 4000 people rallied and signed up to testify against this legislatiom on Feb 6th. So many people showed up the Senate building was closed by the Fire Marshall for the first time in the history of our state. Polls, studies and the Lt Governors town hall meetings have all shown you the PEOPLE think this is bad government. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE. It is your job, and why we sent you to Annapolis.

I urge you to STRONGLY oppose all of the proposed gun legislation. Not because of your personal feelings, but because it is what the PEOPLE want.

outstanding emails. im horrible with words so i am def going to piggy back off these for my next round of emails. thanks guys

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    OK, so I'm sending faxes to the three on the committee mentioned: Muse, Stone and Zirkin. Here is a sample, please feel free to use any part if you like it (I'm kind of a crappy writer though!)

February 15, 2013
    The Honorable Anthony Muse
    James Senate Office Building, Rm 304
    11 Blanden St
    Annapolis MD 21401

Dear Senator Muse,

As a concerned citizen, husband, and father, I am writing on behalf of the scheduled vote for SB281 “Firearm Safety Act of 2013.” Recent events understandably have all of us feeling a great deal of emotion on the place of firearms. While I commend the governor and the Maryland legislature for wanting to deal with firearms and their use in violent crimes and murder, the proposed bill will do nothing to reduce crime. Instead, this bill puts an undue burden on the average Maryland citizen.

I’m certain you have been inundated with facts and statistics citing how the proposed law will have little effect, likewise you have heard numerous personal stories on how firearms used in crimes changed lives. While these emotions are very compelling, acting on emotion will not bring closure to these individuals nor will it bring loved ones back. What we must do as a society is to ensure that private citizens are better able in the future to protect themselves, and most importantly that violent criminals are incarcerated to a degree that they will not be a threat to society.

On behalf of my family, my children, my wife; I strongly oppose SB281 and any other legislation that calls for across the board restrictions on firearms or on Marylanders who are otherwise legally able to purchase firearms. Maryland already has very strict guidelines on purchasing firearms and data from the FBI and the City of Baltimore clearly show that a large majority of firearm assaults and murders are perpetrated by criminals who cannot legally purchase or own firearms. Putting additional restrictions on otherwise legal owners will not change this fact, but will simply be putting these persons under undue scrutiny and stress.

Thank you for your time, and please vote NO on SB281 and all other bills restricting the use of firearms by noncriminal Marylanders.

Best Regards,

Where did you find their fax numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom