• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    Hey just sent out a 2nd email, patting himself on the back but also announcing a town hall meeting on Monday April 29 @ 7pm at the Bethesda Library 7400 Arlington Rd
    =============================

April 24, 2013
    Maryland 2013 End of Session Wrap-Up

Dear Friend:

The General Assembly has just finished its historic 2013 legislative session, which was extraordinarily productive. Here are some of the measures that were approved, including several initiatives that I led.

BUDGET

The Legislature approved a balanced budget of $36.9 billion for fiscal year 2014, cutting $500 million from Governor O'Malley's initial proposal. The budget includes $6 billion in K-12 education aid, with initiatives to provide school breakfast for an additional 57,000 students.

GUNS

The comprehensive Firearm Safety Act was passed to help stop the gun violence epidemic in our state and our nation. I co-sponsored the legislation, guided it out of the Judicial Proceedings Committee, and led a tough four-day floor debate. The law prohibits the purchase of many assault weapons and limits ammo magazines to 10 rounds. New requirements for gun buyers include fingerprinting, extended safety training and licensing. Some provisions I drafted as separate bills are also contained in the new law, including increased authority for the State Police to inspect and shut down unscrupulous gun dealers, and penalties for the use of armor-piercing "cop killer" bullets during a crime.

DEATH PENALTY

I was a co-sponsor of the death penalty repeal measure, and led it through the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee. Maryland is now the 18th state to have abolished this failed policy.

TRANSPORTATION

A major funding measure enacted this session will raise the revenue urgently needed to fix our aging roads and to complete planned public transit projects that will relieve Maryland’s traffic congestion, rated the worst in the nation.

WIND ENERGY

I co-sponsored the Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act, which will provide incentives for the development of 200 megawatts of wind power capacity ten miles off our coast. In addition to creating hundreds of jobs, offshore wind could reduce annual CO2 emissions by over 378,000 tons, and provide enough power for a third of the homes on the Eastern Shore.

MORTGAGE REFINANCING

I introduced a law designed to relieve some of the strain on Marylanders who saw their home equity plummet after the 2008 financial crisis. A secondary lien holder can no longer "veto" a homeowner's decision to refinance an original mortgage. This will allow underwater property owners to lower their monthly payments.

VOTING

I co-sponsored a bill that will increase the number of early voting centers, expand early voting hours and extend the early voting period, beginning with the November 2014 elections. It will also allow same-day registration and voting, and add security measures for online registration.

As always, I am deeply grateful for the privilege of serving as your voice in Annapolis. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns. All the best for a great spring and summer.

Sincerely,

Brian Frosh

P.S. I will hold a Town Hall Meeting on Monday, April 29 at 7:00 p.m., at the Bethesda Library, 7400 Arlington Road. Please join me.

To read more, visit us at www.brianfrosh.com

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Should go early, fill the place up totally, then get up and leave 5 minutes into the meeting :)

Or bring books, cell phones and ignore the meeting. Turn the chairs around and face the opposite direction...

There are tons of alternatives without causing a disruption or being loud about it.

Be sure to wear your orange gun safety pins though :)

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Or bring books, cell phones and ignore the meeting. Turn the chairs around and face the opposite direction...

There are tons of alternatives without causing a disruption or being loud about it.

Be sure to wear your orange gun safety pins though :)

Someone bringing the chess board? I know it wasn't him playing during the discussions, but still....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom