• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Ugh. Factory green front/black rear on P365, purchased 18 months ago. Probably only has 400-500 rounds through it. The green tritium insert is sticking halfway out of the sight. I noticed it when I was cleaning it today after a range trip on Sunday.

Lame. Guess I have to call Sig tomorrow.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Ugh. Factory green front/black rear on P365, purchased 18 months ago. Probably only has 400-500 rounds through it. The green tritium insert is sticking halfway out of the sight. I noticed it when I was cleaning it today after a range trip on Sunday.

Lame. Guess I have to call Sig tomorrow.
    They’ll take care of you and make it right though - at least there’s that.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    They’ll take care of you and make it right though - at least there’s that.
    They will. I recently had my 18 month old P365 left rear dot die and contacted Sig who sent me a shipping label to return the slide for sight replacement under warranty. My total repair time was about 2 weeks from emailing them to having it back in hand.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    How did you find that out?
    Was shooting low and then did some research and then called Sig and it was determined that the sight post for the P320 compact was used for my Full Size. Sig acknowledged the mistake and sent me out a new one. Apparently a different post height is used from the Carry to the Compact, to the Full Size.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Was shooting low and then did some research and then called Sig and it was determined that the sight post for the P320 compact was used for my Full Size. Sig acknowledged the mistake and sent me out a new one. Apparently a different post height is used from the Carry to the Compact, to the Full Size.
    Ugh. Great. I have a total of 4 slides between my 320 and my 365. I don't think they are wrong, but now I need to pay attention nonetheless.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Ugh. Great. I have a total of 4 slides between my 320 and my 365. I don't think they are wrong, but now I need to pay attention nonetheless.
    I have 3 P365 slides (original, X & XL) and all of them came factory zeroed for the dreaded 'combat hold' (verified). Sig CS said that all I needed to do was swap the #6 front sight for a #8 front and it would be center hold.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Sig was extremely helpful, as expected, and I sent it out last week with their prepaid label. They said they are running about 2 weeks right now for warranty repairs.

It's not the end of the world, just a little bit of a bummer. I love that thing and I carry it everyday. Feels weird carrying something else.

Sig seems to be knocking it out of the park these days and there is less and less reason for me to keep any of my Glocks. The only thing I don't like about the Sig platform is the modularity. I know that sounds backwards. And I acknowledge that it's cool and it's a great solution for a great number of people. But the trigger group is so much more complicated than any other polymer striker fired hand on these days. It seems like it would be a complete bitch to take apart and clean.

And before anyone says I shouldn't need to do that, I understand. But I pocket carry this thing. It's in a holster, but still. It's in a pocket. It is necessarily a dirtier method of carry than iwb or owb no matter what. Every year I like to be able to just take my glock lower apart in 2min, clean it, and throw it back together.

Sorry for the tangent lol.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Sig was extremely helpful, as expected, and I sent it out last week with their prepaid label. They said they are running about 2 weeks right now for warranty repairs.

It's not the end of the world, just a little bit of a bummer. I love that thing and I carry it everyday. Feels weird carrying something else.

Sig seems to be knocking it out of the park these days and there is less and less reason for me to keep any of my Glocks. The only thing I don't like about the Sig platform is the modularity. I know that sounds backwards. And I acknowledge that it's cool and it's a great solution for a great number of people. But the trigger group is so much more complicated than any other polymer striker fired hand on these days. It seems like it would be a complete bitch to take apart and clean.

And before anyone says I shouldn't need to do that, I understand. But I pocket carry this thing. It's in a holster, but still. It's in a pocket. It is necessarily a dirtier method of carry than iwb or owb no matter what. Every year I like to be able to just take my glock lower apart in 2min, clean it, and throw it back together.

I’d just hit the fcu with some all in one if you don’t want to take it all the way down

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I have taken mine apart enough playing with triggers and springs that I can do it in my sleep. No real reason to take it apart, though. It's all metal. Spray with brake cleaner then put some lube on it.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

As DocPeanut and Teratos say, you can spray it out and get 99%.

Sig doesn't want the owner to take it apart at all, beyond removing the slide...

Should you venture forth, you do have to be careful lifting the FCU out of the grip module because the slide stop and the take-down lever can come out if you handle it carelessly. It's easy to get them back in if you know how, but can add a lot of complication if you only planned to spray it out and don't know how they go together.

It really doesn't seem to get that dirty inside anyway...not like some I've had.

I've had my FCU completely apart to replace a trigger and do a little polishing. After replacing the trigger and reassembling the FCU, it wouldn't work. I took it back apart, put it together, took it apart, put it together...x25...trying to figure out what I had messed up. Turns out the replacement trigger has something wrong with it and when I reassembled it with the factory trigger, it worked fine. I got to where I could release the trigger return spring with my thumbnail and only needed a punch and a paperclip to do the rest. The most challenging part is the sear spring/sear re-installation.

There are some very good videos at YouTube:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Dropped it off at FedEx last Friday, just got shipping notification from SIG today. Pretty good turnaround time.

I have taken mine apart enough playing with triggers and springs that I can do it in my sleep. No real reason to take it apart, though. It's all metal. Spray with brake cleaner then put some lube on it.

As DocPeanut and Teratos say, you can spray it out and get 99%.

Sig doesn't want the owner to take it apart at all, beyond removing the slide...

Should you venture forth, you do have to be careful lifting the FCU out of the grip module because the slide stop and the take-down lever can come out if you handle it carelessly. It's easy to get them back in if you know how, but can add a lot of complication if you only planned to spray it out and don't know how they go together.

It really doesn't seem to get that dirty inside anyway...not like some I've had.

I've had my FCU completely apart to replace a trigger and do a little polishing. After replacing the trigger and reassembling the FCU, it wouldn't work. I took it back apart, put it together, took it apart, put it together...x25...trying to figure out what I had messed up. Turns out the replacement trigger has something wrong with it and when I reassembled it with the factory trigger, it worked fine. I got to where I could release the trigger return spring with my thumbnail and only needed a punch and a paperclip to do the rest. The most challenging part is the sear spring/sear re-installation.

There are some very good videos at YouTube:

Good points, thank you.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Just had my front tritium come out of my 365. Noticed when I got home from the range today that all I had up front was a green ring with a hole. :shocking:

Will have to give Sig a call on Monday to arrange shipping/repair.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Just had my front tritium come out of my 365. Noticed when I got home from the range today that all I had up front was a green ring with a hole. :shocking:

Will have to give Sig a call on Monday to arrange shipping/repair.

That sucks. I wonder if this is more common than just you and I. I appreciate that Sig puts these on their guns because they are great sights otherwise, but only if they don't fall apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom