• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Raytheon and Asymetrix are looking for people. Saw the signs on NBP last week.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The clearance process is broken and has been for a long time. I would sat it started with the Carter administration if I had to pick a time period. Agencies need to be brought back into the fold as far as security clearances go. The cost of having each agency decide their security policy is costing the American people millions of dollars in wasted investigations and lost productivity. Maybe our President-elect might be able to rein them in. :shrug:

True that. The Moynahan Report proposed some sensible things that would fix things quickly and easily, but the individual stovepipes remain to this day. :sad20:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    But, the first rule of TS/SI contracting......find out who won the new contract!!! They will probably need cleared experienced people to fulfill their obligations. I know guys that have been cleared contractors in the same positions for the 33 years I've been there....they just changed employers every three to five years. Usually go out working for X on Friday, cone back working for Y on Monday.

THIS! I see it all the time.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    OP, that's enough info and might be a little too much...please do not put anything else and I would suggest deleting it

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have been working on the same basic contract with DVA since 2006 in IT. The VA wrote the contracts differently each time. Sometimes they said they would prefer the same people be rehired by the new company and sometimes they just said no disruption in continuity since the contract is 24/7 monitoring of their data center. Any down time was threatened as non-performance of the contract. The incumbent on this contract has never won a re-compete, so I have worked for 5 different companies. Just the way it is in government contract work.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My wife's best friend's husband was a Marine working deep inside Ft Meade. His USMC enlistment ended, and he continued as a civilian contractor. His employer just lost their contract and he will soon be an unemployed new father.
    Is anyone looking for an employee with TS-SCI with a CI Polygraph? I don't know what that means, but I know he couldn't share 99.9% of his workday with his own wife.
    Sounds like when I worked at NSA at the end of my military career and immediately landed on an R&D contract for the CIA as a civilian with an engineering company.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Tell him to post his resume on Monster, Indeed and CareerBuilder. Use Dice if he's an IT guy. First thing in the profile should be "US Citizen with TS/SCI (etc.) Clearance". I doubt he'll be out of work for very long, assuming that he doesn't just end up with a new employer at the exact same job.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    PM me also when you know his field of expertise. There may be some things engineering-related or IT-related that I can give pointers to. My understanding is that the employer sponsors the clearance so when the employer goes away so does the clearance. It can be reactivated through the next employer but it is a paper shuffle at the very least.

My prediction is that if he has kept his skills tuned up he will land something comparable before he gets his final payout from his old employer. It's a good market.

And tell him Semper Fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom