• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fionnros

Fight Crime, Shoot Back!
    Apr 15, 2011
    Harford County
    He did, he had an absolute ball. Thanks for doing that. He asked me the next morning when we were going shooting again. LOL I think he's going to be Bart's biggest gun kid yet. :party29:

ktejsmom

Jan 28, 2010
    Hi guys! Just wondering when you guys were getting together again. Now that my inlaws have bought the two oldest their own .22's I would like to take them and get them started on learning proper safety, stance, and shooting! My oldest is 16 and then the 11 year old got one.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Yes-- We'll meet this Monday, Jan. 30th, and then the first and third Mondays in February and March at 6:30 pm @ Freestate Gun Range!!! Feel free to contact me if you need more info!!! Thanks!

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    Yes-- We'll meet this Monday, Jan. 30th, and then the first and third Mondays in February and March at 6:30 pm @ Freestate Gun Range!!! Feel free to contact me if you need more info!!! Thanks!

My daughter and I are looking forward to coming Mon. :) A couple of questions.

Whats the procedure to get her registered? Is it through you or do we send in paperwork to the CMP? (should I bring a checkbook?)

I don't have a air rifle for her yet, but I think you mentioned you have some, right? I have a 10/22 for when she is ready to move up, and have been thinking about setting it up as a Liberty Training Rifle for Appleseed. I think I may also be interested in the CMP used M853's. They look nice :)

Sean

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    My daughter and I are looking forward to coming Mon. :) A couple of questions.

Whats the procedure to get her registered? Is it through you or do we send in paperwork to the CMP? (should I bring a checkbook?)

I don't have a air rifle for her yet, but I think you mentioned you have some, right? I have a 10/22 for when she is ready to move up, and have been thinking about setting it up as a Liberty Training Rifle for Appleseed. I think I may also be interested in the CMP used M853's. They look nice :)

Sean

Good meeting you and Kennedy last night-- she did great!!!! Sorry I missed this post earlier but hopefully all questions were answered for you!! Let me know if not--- see you guys next Monday again!

Fionnros

Fight Crime, Shoot Back!
    Apr 15, 2011
    Harford County
    So, yeah...we so didn't make that. LOL

Bart and I were just so tired, that by the time 5pm came rolling around we didn't feel like leaving the couch, little alone leaving the house.

I do have the dates down, and we plan our energy better. Glad you guys had fun!

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    Good meeting you and Kennedy last night-- she did great!!!! Sorry I missed this post earlier but hopefully all questions were answered for you!! Let me know if not--- see you guys next Monday again!

All questions were answered at the shoot. :)

I had fun, and Kennedy has a ball. She is very exited to go again. Somewhere UPS has custody of an adjustable stock for my 10/22 :D (probably halfway to me by now). I'll be bringing it on Monday and we'll see if a shorter length of pull makes things easier.

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    Well, the new stock came in. It definitely make a basic 10/22 look a lot different...

For anyone in a similar situation (wanting an adjustable stock to facilitate a smaller shooter), here are the details:

First off, my original 10/22 stock had a 13 3/4" length of pull. Out of the box, this had a length of pull of 10 3/4" when all the way in. If you want to use the stock sights however, you have to add a angled tube to the stock (otherwise you can't get you head down enough to see the sights). This adds an inch, giving you 11 3/4" at the shortest. My daughter was in bed by the time I started playing, so I'll have to have her check the size later. I'm hoping that when I eventually get around to adding tech sights, I can go back to the straight tube.

Attachments

• DSCN0219a.jpg
      DSCN0219a.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 90

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Here's quick picture of two of our shooters working on sight picture and point of aim--- Kennedey ( and the Quietman) on the left and Zach on the right... Everyone is being very safe and getting better with their accuracy every week!!

We've got more dang lefties in this club than I've ever seen!!!!!

Attachments

• quietman2612.jpg
      quietman2612.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 95

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    We've got more dang lefties in this club than I've ever seen!!!!!

I am am continually surprised, because I always thought that I was quite the minority (right handed but left eye dominant). We keep coming out of the woodwork though. :D There is whole thread on it the rifle forum. Out of curiosity, I just checked Wikipedia (not the most definitive source, but the easiest). 10% of people are left handed, but 1/3 are left eye dominant. I guess there are more of us than you might think.

I am more mixed up than just right handed and left eyed. I vary by activity (right handed throwing, lefty in soccer, etc.) Kennedy is definitely right handed, but left eye dominant. She tried shooting both left and right, and liked left better. I have no idea whether she does anything else lefty.

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    Tomorrow is Presidents Day, but I'm assuming the meeting is still going on as scheduled. Let me know if that's not correct, otherwise we'll see everyone at 6:30. :)

Edit:
    With the day off, my girls had friends over and played hard all day. By the evening, she was tired out and ready to crash. I hope everyone had fun, and we'll see you in two weeks.

Last edited:

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    We had a nice meet, but with the range being packed due to the holiday, only a couple of the kids were able to shoot some .22's, but we kept it fun with standing, prone and sitting on the air rifle range, and then let them pick off some balloons for reactive targets... Instant feedback can be very satisfying for kids too!!!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Going to order at least one used Daisy Avanti 853 competition air rifle for one of the dad's shortly--- does anyone else want to join in as well? $115 with shipping......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom