• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I'm looking for a machinist to work on some prototype parts for me out of 6061 aluminum. One project for now however a good relationship will bring on future work. I would prefer someone with a CNC setup but if you're damn good with your manual mill then that will work. Need the following capabilities:

Work envelope of at least 4"x6"x4"
    Capable of accuracy within 0.001" of an inch
    Able to recieve and read .dwg or other CAD files preferred
    Experience with integrating heat sinks a plus

Looking for someone primarily to produce engineered prototypes though if you're set up for production runs too that's even better. I'm aware that you won't be able to compete on price with the chinese shops, I don't care about that. Happy to pay more to buy American and work with someone local.

Please shoot me a PM here if you/your company/someone you know well fits the bill or feel free to email me at adam at x-laser.com

Thanks!

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Still looking. Was the thousandth too much to ask for? If you fit the bill a bit more loosely please feel free to email or PM me.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Emachineshop.com is really expensive unless you are doing a large run. Plus, they have their own software, so I wasn't able to have them import a DWG/DXF file format.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    Friend of mine works for Skarie tool in Baltimore. He might know of some other places available locally.

send me a PM for his info

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    one of my club member is a machinist with a shop somewhere near Anne Arundel Comm Coll. I'll check with him to see if he has the time to take on another project and get back to you, or have him contact you directly.

Cheers,
    Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom