• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I see now about the bongos. Looks like they were ended. I may look into some self sealing tape to line the kayak with.

If you’re taking fire you can’t be wasting time messing with flex-seal.(I reckon)

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Kayak is at its new home now. I need to figure out how to store it under our deck.
    20DB8CC9-C752-4BF2-B9F5-3DB920E04369.jpeg

It came with a paddle and custom fabricated seat not pictured. And the wet storage container that fits in the back.

It was a good day overall. I got a life vest and some neoprene boots at Bass Pro. In an unrelated purchase I got a shotgun too (since I was there you know) all using my Cabelas points.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Maybe suspended upside down under your deck? You could build two brackets out of 2x4s nailed to the joists.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Maybe suspended upside down under your deck? You could build two brackets out of 2x4s nailed to the joists.
    I’m thinking of something I can hoist up. But in a simple way by pulling on some lines that I can lock easily. Like a cross bar of a 2x4 the Kayak would rest on upside down, one on each end. Possibly I put one end on a non hoisted support and lift up and hoist the one other end up. I need to look on YouTube I suppose.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I’m thinking of something I can hoist up. But in a simple way by pulling on some lines that I can lock easily. Like a cross bar of a 2x4 the Kayak would rest on upside down, one on each end. Possibly I put one end on a non hoisted support and lift up and hoist the one other end up. I need to look on YouTube I suppose.
    That kayak weighs practically nothing. I would just make a shelf type of thing and put it up there manually and pass on a fancy hoist setup. Besides, once you get that thing in the water you will be ready to get rid of it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That kayak weighs practically nothing. I would just make a shelf type of thing and put it up there manually and pass on a fancy hoist setup. Besides, once you get that thing in the water you will be ready to get rid of it.
    :lol:

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Looks like I better get my storage figured out before it hits water. I think I found some existing under deck infrastructure I can use to hang it from some loops. Then I can cinch it up a little higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom