• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I got the Kayak free two years ago from the kindness of another member here.
    Here is the original post with pictures of the kayak:

I got it to retrieve ducks in remote areas that were too far to carry my regular kayak. We carried this thing a mile and a half on one trip and it was fine for what it is. On shorter trips it wasn't worth the tradeoff off of a light bad kayak vs. taking our not as light good kayak. The problem is what it is is a kayak that can best be described as "this kayak sucks." The reason it sucks is it is snipey and tippy. I don't mind a bad kayak in warm water but I'm not a fan of one in cold water. Now you might look at this and say "oh look a little kayak, that would probably be great for my 10 year old son." Don't do it. Buy the kid something halfway decent that won't kill him.

If you tell me it's for your kid or wife I won't give it to you.
    If you can't swim well I won't give it to you.
    If you are one of those people who likes free stuff so they can sell it on Facebook marketplace I won't give it to you.

Pickup is in Howard County.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Lol 2 months ago i woulda done this and then offered mine for free. It’s similar but encloses past the knees. Instead i bought 15 cans of plasti-dip OD Green

md77

Aug 17, 2022
    MoCo
    I got the Kayak free two years ago from the kindness of another member here.
    Here is the original post with pictures of the kayak:

I got it to retrieve ducks in remote areas that were too far to carry my regular kayak. We carried this thing a mile and a half on one trip and it was fine for what it is. On shorter trips it wasn't worth the tradeoff off of a light bad kayak vs. taking our not as light good kayak. The problem is what it is is a kayak that can best be described as "this kayak sucks." The reason it sucks is it is snipey and tippy. I don't mind a bad kayak in warm water but I'm not a fan of one in cold water. Now you might look at this and say "oh look a little kayak, that would probably be great for my 10 year old son." Don't do it. Buy the kid something halfway decent that won't kill him.

If you tell me it's for your kid or wife I won't give it to you.
    If you can't swim well I won't give it to you.
    If you are one of those people who likes free stuff so they can sell it on Facebook marketplace I won't give it to you.

Pickup is in Howard County.
    Honestly, that is a great post! Generous but funnier than most of the humor ones.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It’s for my wife’s kid who can’t swim…

Disqualified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not if you sell it on Facebook marketplace and use the money to buy the kid swimming lessons.

The kayak has a new home with another Brian. If he owes you money collect it before he drowns.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Not if you sell it on Facebook marketplace and use the money to buy the kid swimming lessons.

The kayak has a new home with another Brian. If he owes you money collect it before he drowns.
    Yup! Not sure about oweing any money but also not planning on drowning anytime soon. I do acknowledge the probability may go up with the advent of kayak ownership and plan to take deliberate steps to decrease the risk.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Seriously, I'll take it if it's still up for grabs.
    I actually would retrieve ducks in front of our shore blind.
    Thanks, Ed

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Thanks, Ed
    I’m the confirmed new owner. I’m definitely going to get in the water with it and use it and all that stuff. I hope any of my joking around after post 8 didn’t confuse anyone.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks, Ed

This is a small kayak and will not hold you and your balls. Sometimes "retrieving" to me means paddling 200 yards down river and shooting a cripple. This is not a good kayak to shoot from.
    We used it on flat water in the first split and it sucked. I would not use it on bouncy water in the 2nd or 3rd split.
    It's light and easy to carry though!

I'm sure you'll be able to use it next year after brianns upgrades.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    At what point does this kayak reach bongo status?
    Hmm, looks like I may need to chronicle this new adventure to figure out. I’m not expecting to use it as a bongo.
    Maybe the tide will change and someone will take this kayak and sail away in the sunset, i am just floating the idea of this giveaway.
    If I try that, I’d run into a bank or far shore of some of our manufactured lakes. I plan on kayaking around any tide to stay in flat water. Lol.
    Or, maybe a contemporary Viking funeral(with or without corpus).
    Hold that thought. My wife told me not to use it when she’s away and not able to notice me missing. She still remembers the time 2 lieutenants didn’t come back from the Neuse River till after dark and she called our CO after worrying. Then the sheriff. Buddy had a new bass boat, we went out after work without a lot of light to guide back in with. Man, I should tell the story sometime.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads