• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    LMAO that is so on POINT!! But URBANA is turning into Montgomery Co North with Liberal implants and other crap from Mont Co.
    Average household income in Urbana is $165,000, schools rated as some of the best, all the trailer trash are non existent in Urbana. Southern Frederick County rocks!

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Average household income in Urbana is $165,000, schools rated as some of the best, all the trailer trash are non existent in Urbana. Southern Frederick County rocks!
    Just wait for the average county household property tax to ALSO start catching up to Montgomery County. That'll be fun.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Just wait for the average county household property tax to ALSO start catching up to Montgomery County. That'll be fun.

Seems every year I get a letter telling me property taxes up, escrow needs more, so my mortgage payments is increasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Seems every year I get a letter telling me property taxes up, escrow needs more, so my mortgage payments is increasing.
    The local rates here are increased by the legal maximum allowed every year without fail. If that cap wasn't there, it would be way more still, I'm sure. MoCo has a lot of wealthy people who don't think twice about it, and the complaints from what's left of the middle class are of course ignored as noise.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The local rates here are increased by the legal maximum allowed every year without fail. If that cap wasn't there, it would be way more still, I'm sure. MoCo has a lot of wealthy people who don't think twice about it, and the complaints from what's left of the middle class are of course ignored as noise.
    100% Veterans get a break, I’m not sure how the States Homestead Act works as far as reducing taxes but it’s an option. Otherwise the taxes are a problem.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    100% Veterans get a break, I’m not sure how the States Homestead Act works as far as reducing taxes but it’s an option. Otherwise the taxes are a problem.
    The homestead thing is set with a low enough threshold that most households being strangled by five figure property taxes - even if they’re on a quite modest fixed income - are considered too well off to qualify. Older residents who’ve watched MoCo property values go way up over the years are in a serious trap. Pay the huge property taxes, or bug out and pay a huge capital gains tax.

But at least MoCo can afford to spend untold millions being a sanctuary county for illegal immigrants.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The homestead thing is set with a low enough threshold that most households being strangled by five figure property taxes - even if they’re on a quite modest fixed income - are considered too well off to qualify. Older residents who’ve watched MoCo property values go way up over the years are in a serious trap. Pay the huge property taxes, or bug out and pay a huge capital gains tax.

But at least MoCo can afford to spend untold millions being a sanctuary county for illegal immigrants.
    Read somewhere that the DC importations are being sent to sanctuary MoCo.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It was discussed up thread .

LE Intrest Letters are a very common thing . And very legal , so long as there is a modicum of follow through. Without the process of such letters , there would be no such thing as a " post '86 Dealer Sample " .

Did Jenkins abuse the process for $ gain ? Or is Jenkins no different from thousands of other CLEOs , and being singled out for persecution for being outspoken conservative in a very liberal state ?

Eventually the full facts will come out.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    It was discussed up thread .

LE Intrest Letters are a very common thing . And very legal , so long as there is a modicum of follow through. Without the process of such letters , there would be no such thing as a " post '86 Dealer Sample " .

Did Jenkins abuse the process for $ gain ? Or is Jenkins no different from thousands of other CLEOs , and being singled out for persecution for being outspoken conservative in a very liberal state ?

Eventually the full facts will come out.
    The barn doors were flung wide open in the last few years, for leftist AGs, prosecutors to go after anything and anyone conservative or with a hint of "law abiding".

I have been wondering when they were going after Jenkins like they did Joe Arpaio

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

As a three-decade Fredco resident Urbana is the main reason Fredco is turning Blue, might be fancy living there but te base in that area is pretty solid Blue

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I know someone in treasury, might be interested to know that Fredco property taxes are higher than Moco, have been for a while. Apparently they have their exemptions and what now and it may be calculated on a different basis. It might seem higher down there but as explained to me it's the higher property values that make the bill seem higher.

And i Hope Chuck gets cleared, dealt with him personally on many inssues over the years, he's a good man

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I was a lifetime resident of MD before relocating to Free America (though it is turning purple thanks to Californians moving in). Spent my life in both MoCo and FredCo. For decades Frederick has been a bedroom community for DC. Many MoCo residents have moved here to escape the high taxation of MoCo...but still have their MoCo/DC salaries and want the same benefits and services provided by those jurisdictions. To pay for the added services longtime Frederick residents have been getting taxed out of existence but don't have the high income the MoCo transplants do.

The politicians and county representatives will always say the added tax base of new residents will cover additional taxes...but that's a lie and always has been. The government...whether city...county...state...or federal...can never do with less revenue but we're supposed to suck it up and pay.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    To pay for the added services longtime Frederick residents have been getting taxed out of existence but don't have the high income the MoCo transplants do.
    I had read somewhere that +40% of the households in Frederick County get some kind of govt assistance (fed, state, local level) with their monthly expenses.

I can easily believe it …

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom