• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Most of them left the party in the late 50s and 60s.

This is a cherished notion held by a lot of Democrats desperate to distance themselves from their party's long history of racism and particularly of totally owning groups like the KKK. I've never come across or known anyone who ever has an actual functioning Republican who does the Byrd thing. It's not that the klan left the party, it's that the klan has simply mostly withered away. But what's left of it hasn't changed its political stripes, locations, or heritage. Those roots run very deep.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is a cherished notion held by a lot of Democrats desperate to distance themselves from their party's long history of racism and particularly of totally owning groups like the KKK. I've never come across or known anyone who ever has an actual functioning Republican who does the Byrd thing. It's not that the klan left the party, it's that the klan has simply mostly withered away. But what's left of it hasn't changed its political stripes, locations, or heritage. Those roots run very deep.
    David Duke? Many others? I've been lucky enough to meet few KKK members in my life. They've all been Republicans. It is a stain on the party and I wish the party would do a whole lot more to distance itself from them.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    David Duke? Many others? I've been lucky enough to meet few KKK members in my life. They've all been Republicans. It is a stain on the party and I wish the party would do a whole lot more to distance itself from them.
    They are nothing more than powerless losers everyone points at and laughs.

DD gets wheeled out every election cycle and probably on the SPLC payroll.

They have been replaced with Shiny New Toys and Brown Shirts with real power and Member of Congress pins all now famously Dem.

Last edited:

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Funny how Camps Airy is in Thurmont and Camp Louise is in Cascade. Two very big Jewish children's summer camps. Definitely don't miss walking up the hill a several times a day for those that know.

That hill sucked! I spent several summers trudging that bastard. Didn't matter how hot and humid it was or how chilly, rainy or foggy, your ass is walking that hill.

The large dining hall burned down I believe the summer of 2022. Luckily, all of the kids had just finished eating. They brought in fire crews from all over Frederick.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    So there's some truth to this?

11752437_10207362924581092_7546977472097748837_n.jpg

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    And another in Indiana/Ohio.

Apparently, the “demonstration letters” (for a police agency) are the avenue that is popular for obtaining the guns.

Apparently we know where funds and effort were diverted after they stopped the gun trafficking investigations into the cartels.

But illegal is illegal and obtaining these under false pretense is no different than hunter biden lying about his drug use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Funny how Camps Airy is in Thurmont and Camp Louise is in Cascade. Two very big Jewish children's summer camps. Definitely don't miss walking up the hill a several times a day for those that know.
    My wife went there as a kid and my daughter went for a week one summer. That hill SUCKED.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    This thread got of topic for a bit (<--my shocked face) but I'm bringing it back.
    I was lucky enough to bump elbows with Sheriff Jenkins for a few hours this weekend, and I want to reiterate that I hope he beats the charges and gets to recuperate his money. Politically motivated charges against a guy that just cares about his community. A damn shame. Hopefully he can prevail.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    This thread got of topic for a bit (<--my shocked face) but I'm bringing it back.
    I was lucky enough to bump elbows with Sheriff Jenkins for a few hours this weekend, and I want to reiterate that I hope he beats the charges and gets to recuperate his money. Politically motivated charges against a guy that just cares about his community. A damn shame. Hopefully he can prevail.
    Just because he gave you the warm and fuzzies doesn’t mean he wasn’t involved…

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I will not support anyone that does not support the 2nd Amendment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom