• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    everyone had their hands in their pockets. i guess they spent they're tax returns on something else.:innocent0

I can relate to that,between a long winter/high heating bills,health insurance increases and taxes,my buisiness has been seeing it for a few months,the beginning of a perferct storm for another recession.

Maxx

Apr 4, 2009
    Didn't suck for me, got to talk with some nice people and purchased a Ruger 10/22 50'th. It was kind of nice to practically have the place to myself. ;)

This was my first GS after Oct 1st and man was there a huge difference! The aisles seemed wider, less vendors?... and a hole lot less costumers.

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    I got there for the last two hours and found the aisles fairly easy to navigate since things were winding down. I always find something to take home. Today I picked up a nice padded soft case for my Mossberg 590 and a long sought for M16 bayonet that fits my Mini-14 perfectly. There were several new Ruger Mini-14s and Mini-30s as well available. I suspect that, like me, many of us have bought so many additional firearms in the past year or so that that we need to pause for finances to recover. The FFL's likely knew this would occur since the surge prior to 10/01/13 pulled future sales into 2013. It may take a while longer for gun sales to return to "normal".

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    everyone had their hands in their pockets. i guess they spent they're tax returns on something else.:innocent0

I kept mine in my pockets - I was hoping for a gunshow - that was more of a knife show with a few guns... Anybody want a taser-flashlight????

Had cash in hand to buy a mosin if I found one - saw several but $159 cash for a mosin?? Really??? I get it the it cost dealers to come there and setup/staff the event, but the prices at MD shows are just too high... The kind of guns I buy at gunshows are cheap and project guns.. If I buy something "special" I'm going to go to a shop - so maybe it's just me.. But I still remember when I could get a good deal at shows... Man I miss those days..

The best thing I got out of that show was talking with the Western MD secession folks and to Ken Timmerman who is Charles Lollar's (the candiate for govenor) running mate..

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I kept mine in my pockets - I was hoping for a gunshow - that was more of a knife show with a few guns... Anybody want a taser-flashlight????

Had cash in hand to buy a mosin if I found one - saw several but $159 cash for a mosin?? Really??? I get it the it cost dealers to come there and setup/staff the event, but the prices at MD shows are just too high... The kind of guns I buy at gunshows are cheap and project guns.. If I buy something "special" I'm going to go to a shop - so maybe it's just me.. But I still remember when I could get a good deal at shows... Man I miss those days..

The best thing I got out of that show was talking with the Western MD secession folks and to Ken Timmerman who is Charles Lollar's (the candiate for govenor) running mate..
    thats a good price these days.:cool:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You're not going to get a Mosin from an LGS cheaper than $160 or so. They are not making much money on those guns after they cover their expenses.

I was amazed to see South Carroll Sporting Goods selling a T53 for $135. I have a C&R and can't get them much cheaper than that.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    We shall have to agree to disagree....

This gentleman had 2 listed right here... one still available today...

http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=20214

I'll see what they have at the Greencastle show this weekend...

This is a private seller who is making no money on the sale. I believe he purchased a crate from Classic mid last year and is selling some from the crate. That's probably his cost per rifle with no profit, he may be selling at a loss after shipping.

If you think that approach makes sense for local gun shops, you probably voted for Obama. Truth.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    This is a private seller who is making no money on the sale. I believe he purchased a crate from Classic mid last year and is selling some from the crate. That's probably his cost per rifle with no profit, he may be selling at a loss after shipping.

If you think that approach makes sense for local gun shops, you probably voted for Obama. Truth.

Ouch:party29:

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    We shall have to agree to disagree....

This gentleman had 2 listed right here... one still available today...

http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=20214

I'll see what they have at the Greencastle show this weekend...

I haven't seen them that low in a long long time. I got two off the seller mentioned above for $130 when I saw the ad a while ago. Too good to pass up. I have seen them online for the same or a bit less but after shipping and FFL fees it would have been more expensive. And a risky buy not being able to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom