• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Yes. I dont see why not. For that reason you state im not sure if just buyig a bolt on ebay is such a good idea. I think id need to try a few and headspace each one before i buy. I have a type 53 that needs a new bolt as well (see other thread). If someone ( who owns a sled, maybe a yellow one) had a few spares burning a hole in his pocket.....

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    How do you know it's SCW? There's no markings to indicate that it is, as far as I can see.

A very large percentage (50% or better) of SCW Mosins were not marked with the made in USSR or URRS stamp, but were imported in fairly large numbers, so anytime a 1936 or 1937 Mosin shows up without import marks here and is unrefurbished it likely passed through Spain. Check the sides of the rear sight, that is where mine is marked, and only says USSR.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A very large percentage (50% or better) of SCW Mosins were not marked with the made in USSR or URRS stamp, but were imported in fairly large numbers, so anytime a 1936 or 1937 Mosin shows up without import marks here and is unrefurbished it likely passed through Spain. Check the sides of the rear sight, that is where mine is marked, and only says USSR.

Good info, thanks :thumbsup:

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    Looking at the Tula Star in the first photograph, your barrel & receiver is not refinished, it has the orignal finish.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    The "No" below the date and above the SN seems to be polished almost away. I would almost think that it might have been refinished at some time.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Tearing the house apart now. Theres no way I or dad threw a gun part away. Thats like throwing out a child. Its somewhere. Must find bolt, Must find bolt.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Agreed in time you will find all the parts, you just haven't found that magic box or coffee can yet.
    agreed, however i can't for the life of me think of a place, box, or coffee can that i hadn't opened in a few decades. because if i had i would have put those gun parts with all my other gun parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom