• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I would really like my desk covered and a new pic up on Facebook. This was testimony against Common Core...Think you guys can beat it? I BET YOU CAN!

Ready? Set? HIT IT!!!

Attachments

• andi desk testimony.jpg
      andi desk testimony.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 129

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Andi, Andi, Andi. Oh ye of little faith? or Oh ye of great faith because you know we have the ability to BURY them in paperwork when we ALL set our minds to it. See you on Tuesday!!

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK... here's HB62 (will email my submission in a bit)

use any or all of it, and email with your own personal touches.

"Mr H"
    Glen Burnie, MD
    District 32

Testimony to the House Judiciary Committee,
    In Favor of HB0062

March 4, 2014

Esteemed Members of the Committee,

The residents of the state of Maryland have long been prevented from a reasonable means of self-protection outside the home, by means of a firearms carry permit. This is a well-documented infringement that other legislation seeks to correct. This bill, however, seeks to right this inequity as it concerns the residents of our immediate, surrounding, neighboring states.

Many people, as we know, work in Maryland, but live in these neighboring states. In their home states, they are provided reasonable access to carry permits for any number of reasons, with little to no encumbrance. However, when coming to Maryland to pursue a livelihood, they are forced to abandon their personal protection firearms for the duration. The same can be said for anyone visiting the state for family, business, or recreation.

The issues that come with this are numerous, and add up to a serious detriment--not only to the individuals, but the state as a whole.

Out-of-state workers have multiple burdens as a result of these restrictions. In addition to the obvious safety issues, these individuals also face choices of whether to leave their homes as unarmed potential victims, or to risk storing a firearm in their vehicle before entering Maryland (only to feel safe again once returning across the border). The risk of theft from their person or vehicle also increases, should they be observed at some point during their transition to (or from) "Maryland Mode."

People are regularly discouraged from vacationing in Maryland, as well as choosing not to relocate to the state due to the forced disallowance to carry a firearm on their person. The statewide economic effect and tax revenues lost because of this are likely incalculable, but would easily count in the multiple millions of dollars annually.

Many Maryland residents also possess valid non-resident carry licenses from out of state (particularly Virginia), and yet are denied the option for self-protection outside the home. These people are our neighbors, our friends... yet they are not permitted to exercise their fundamental, enumerated Constitutional Right in their own home state.

The Assembly (as a body) has demonstrated, year after year, an overall disdain for firearms, firearms owners, and legitimate uses of firearms by responsible, law-abiding individuals. Despite the efforts of many conscientious Constitutionally-minded Delegates and Senators, time and time again bills to further ensure the protection of our most basic rights are not passed through.

This bill is a step toward a benefit much larger than simply the lawful carry of firearms. It is a step toward restoring Maryland's once grand reputation as the "Free State", and a potential economic boon to the state and its business community.

I respectfully request a Favorable Report, and ultimate passage into law.

Last edited:

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Andi, Andi, Andi. Oh ye of little faith? or Oh ye of great faith because you know we have the ability to BURY them in paperwork when we ALL set our minds to it. See you on Tuesday!!

I have ENORMOUS faith in you all to bury my desk and if it buries my desk, they won't know what to do with those little desks in committee.

Then, I am hoping for EPIC turnout as well!

Love all of you and see you on Tuesday. As we start copying, I'll post updated desk pictures ;-):party29::party29::party29:

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I'll have my three bills finished this evening. The HQL->CCW may take a little longer because that one is getting loaded with facts and I even have a few charts and graphs to add.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Guys even a "my name is X and I support / oppose this bill" works.

It takes like 5 mins to do this. Burn that copier up!!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Guys , just a minor tip. Remember our Target Audience. We need to cause the anti and wavering Delegates take pause and reconsider , not reinforce those already with us.

Emphasize the benefits to Marylanders and Maryland generally by passing/ not passing that specific bill. We don't need to go Big Picture , or refer to our long range master plan.

My efforts will be soon for everyone to snipe.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'll take a crack at HB716. It just makes sense to me. We want people to be safe, so they have to take a class and be trained for the HQL and Carry Permit. The people that are authorized to teach others that level of safety/knowledge should be exempt from the HQL.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Remember...

The folks who are doing the 'templates' are doing it so that others can use these ideas to build their own testimony for any of the bills. They can't be the only ones sent.

Use what's posted as a framework to write your own, and send it along.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If I could offer one statement of advice, it'd be to insert practical information. Constitutional references and quotes from Jefferson or Franklin mean nothing to them and will put them off.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'll go for HB 115, that has got to be one of the stupidest wastes of money I've ever heard of. Let's study adding half a pound to every gun, keeping those batteries charges then invent safes that aren't Faraday cages.

Sorry I missed this one. Added now. Great summary ;)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I would really like my desk covered and a new pic up on Facebook. This was testimony against Common Core...Think you guys can beat it? I BET YOU CAN!

Ready? Set? HIT IT!!!

Did they have to look over and around that pile during the hearing???

Let's do this!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    HB (262 or 1356) Bowhunting - possesion of handguns

The ability for Bowhunters to able to have a handgun for protection would be a signifigent safety measure, and bring Md in line with large and growing number of states nationwide.

Of recent years the population explosion of Black Bears has seen them very common in their traditional habitats , and expanding their range into areas where they haven't been seen in modern times. This makes them much more likely to be encountered by Sportsmen afield,

And the dangers are not just from four legged creatures. Two components of our nation's illegal drug epidenic are illict marijuiana fields , and clandestine methamphetamine production labs. These are commonly located in isolated , rural areas, and often located on publicly own isolated Forrests, and natural resourse area, or isolated private property without the knowledge of the landowner . Which are aslo frequently prime hunting areas.

Twenty years ago, the hunting community has shocked by the murders of Don Hill on November 20, 1993 , and Gregory Wood on November 25, 1993 in adjacent Counties in North Florida while they were hunting. There was much speculation at the time, but Investagators eventually found that they were both killed persuant to robbery of their money and valuables, and were targeted by being alone in the woods of a National Forest, and a Wildlife management Area respectivly.

This common sense measure to not prohibit Bowhunts from possesing personal protection handguns has already been adopted by our neighboring States of Pennyslvania , Virginia, and West Virginia . Nationwide Bowhunters are able to protect themselves in : Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Missouri , Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennennsse, Texas, Washington state and Wyoming, with more states adding all the time.

The traditional concern with the practice had been to prevent the possability of illegal hunting by bowhunters , but this has not be a signifigent problem in those states where the practice is allowed. This Bill's provision of non- hunting style handguns of restricted barell length , and no optical sights intended for long distance shooting are adaquate to ensure complience with the hunting rules.

The part of this Bill that could be problematic in the future are the geographic boundries for its provisions. The Specification of Deer Management Zone A is indeed a resonable boundry , as the Deer Zones are presently constructed . But maryland's depart of Natural Resourses is very procative and diligent in modifing the geographically based areas in managing Maryland's population of Deer and other wildlife. During my years of hunting , I have seen the State vary from statewide to six zones , with boundries constantly evolving to reflect habitat and wildlife population changes.

In order to meet the Hunter safety concerns, and avoid confusion, this Bill sould be modified to reflect specific , recognizable boundries into future years. Possabilities include all of washington, Alleganey , and Garrett Counties. Condisering terrian and wildlife on South Mountain, and adjacent areas , a boundry of US 15 from Pa State line south to intersection with US340, and thence US340 to the Virginia State line. If the general Assembly prefered to leave the boundry to be determined by the DNR, the specification of "Those areas where centerfire rifles are allowed for Deer Hunting would closely conform to the second option presented above.

The Committee should give this Bill a favorable recomendation, subject to a more difinative physical boundry.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Man this great work... I am not going to get to this until Sunday eve. But I know I can do 300- 400 words on each bill if the work is there.. thank you all.

Even bullet point can work...

Fantastic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom