• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    the other day at free state i noticed a guy at the range was shooting an AR but he had a forward charging handle that was in the actual front rail portion as well as a regular charging handle. he left before i could ask him about it but the most important feature about it was being able to charge the weapon without breaking shoulder contact. i was wondering if any one knew about a kit, aside from buying a completely new upper, that worked the same way. my thoughts were that it must be in the piston, portion of the front rail in order to charge the bolt back.

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    it was really clost to the ad core. defiantly not an acr. it was an AR 15 with a set up close to the adcor but not both sides only the left. the right side of the rail was normal.

tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    probably adcore. I would say there is no kit that would be cost effective. Better to buy upper with it probably

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I believe the adcor is only left hand forward. Although you could change it to the right side, I don't believe both sides are chargeable at the same time.

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    the adcore's that i have seen have been both sides ambi, i believe. but either way that was the general principle. does it charge the bolt carrier via the gas system?

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    not that i would ever be in the situation and in all likely hood i won't proceed further into research of it, but i got to thinking, ( I'm a mechanical engineer, i love mechanics, and how they work) and just in the case if someone was ever on the ground and had not charged the rifle, was looking down the scope, they could charge the rifle but using the forward instead of the rear.
    and with the gas impingement system how does that actually work?

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    asa-ur-ftsc-woc.jpg

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I can charge my AR without breaking shoulder contact. . . a side charger on an AR is unnecessary in my opinion. I do admit that the picture of that upper above looks sick. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom