• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    The threading of the CHC tubes are the same as the the thread protector and endcaps of SDTA. The muzzle brake of SDTA threads into the adapter of the CHC seemingly easier than the flashhiders that came from CHC. Nothing lithium grease could not fix. ;)

As per Weber's prior post, the best way to protect the blast area is to have a muzzle brake/ flash hider that threads into a thread adapter. It also facilitates easy transfer to rifles with a similar flash hider/muzzle brake. In some discussion about form1 suppressors there were pictures wherein full auto was used with a SDTA Form1 suppressor, the wear was more visible on the 1st freeze plug (closest to the barrel). Anyway I believe you can replace this (after you destroy the old freeze plug). Estac

I have not really seen any discussion of the Form1 Ti tube failing on regular use. This guy did try though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny_N3uLyWh8

ih8unot

Mar 20, 2011
    Dundalk
    Finally started to buy parts to build my 3 suppressors due to this new scare.
    Still waiting on parts from sdta for the 30 cal.
    I am trying to build a 45acp suppressor similar to a octane, I want to use the liberty lid for 45 and my gemtech 3 lug mount for possible subgun use in 9mm. Would a stainless steel 8.3 D cell tube with titanium ends work well? I was hoping it won't be too heavy for pistol use and still been able to handle some full auto fire. Any suggestions are appreciated
    Thanks

You don't want a stainless tube, go Ti.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got an email a few weeks ago saying my form 1 was approved. Are they going to mail me my stamp or what? Pricks gave me no info other than that it was approved.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Got an email a few weeks ago saying my form 1 was approved. Are they going to mail me my stamp or what? Pricks gave me no info other than that it was approved.

Did you submit right before the July 12th cutoff. I'm waiting for 3 stamps. I locked myself out of the website because I forgot my stupid password with one number and special character.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Did you submit right before the July 12th cutoff. I'm waiting for 3 stamps. I locked myself out of the website because I forgot my stupid password with one number and special character.
    If you use the email link to 'ask an expert', they are very responsive in my experience.. ;)

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    Still waiting on my tube from CHC. Been month now. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Still waiting on my tube from CHC. Been month now. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It did take me over a month to get my stuff from CHC. The good thing was that end caps and thread adapters from SDTA are 100% compatible with their Ti tubes. My latest build will have a thread adapter for muzzle break/flash hider on one end and a thread adapter for a LID on the other end.

As for ordering freeze plugs from NAPA online. The only thing I hate is having to go to their store this morning to pay for them. But I did get them later today.

As for engraving, I went with SDTA: $25 + $6 shipping which was the best price I found.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I called last week prior to placing an order and was told they are expecting the shipment this week. I'll hold off until I know they're in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom