• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terps2005

Mar 22, 2013
    It was MSAR...an off duty MPD officer heard the glass break and saw the guy walking away with my bag. He's the one who called it in.

terps2005

Mar 22, 2013
    The video camera from MSAR and the store showed the same vehicle so I'm fairly confident I was followed. I had other semi valuable stuff in the truck and only the bag with the gun was taken. I know I did some things wrong and will learn from this..I just wanted to remind people to pay attention unlike me so hopefully it doesn't happen to someone else.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    SO THIS is how the State's going to force us all to get the HQL... :nono:

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about this. It's also glad to know no one was hurt. Thanks for sharing.
    There's been similar stories here and it's stories like these that keep my head on a swivel.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    The video camera from MSAR and the store showed the same vehicle so I'm fairly confident I was followed. I had other semi valuable stuff in the truck and only the bag with the gun was taken. I know I did some things wrong and will learn from this..I just wanted to remind people to pay attention unlike me so hopefully it doesn't happen to someone else.

This is a shame, sorry it happened to you. I am a truck driver as well, whenever I transport handguns to a range, I keep firearms "stashed" separately from my range bag containing ammo. This way the gun and ammo are not together in the cab while transporting and if someone were to do something like this, they would likely grab the big range bag and run, leaving the handgun(s)

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Sorry for your misfortune. I have only been to MSAR once, and I was not comfortable leaving there. I heard an incident similar to this on this board so I took extra precautions. Thanks for posting, maybe it will save someone else some trouble.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'm sorry you were a victim of this crime. Is there not an HQL exemption for victims of a crime? If not, should there be?

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I always take a lap well before I get close to home because of this. Ive heard of this happening to people leaving on target as well I don't shoot there anymore but my wife does and she's been instructed to do the same and no stops on the way home.

terps2005

Mar 22, 2013
    I'm glad I didn't go straight home...If I had to pick I'd rather have my stuff stolen at a store than at home. If I go to a public range again my return trip home is going to take some crazy turns and stops....

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm glad I didn't go straight home...If I had to pick I'd rather have my stuff stolen at a store than at home. If I go to a public range again my return trip home is going to take some crazy turns and stops....
    Just make sure you go "to starboard in the bottom half of the hour". :D

How far was the store from MSAR? Just wondering if they would have followed you all the way home or stopped after a while and gone back for another victim.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    I have been concerned about this. Last time I left MSAR there were a handful of people hanging out in the parking lot...

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I know that you are not supposed to stop on the way home from the range. I would rather be hit at a store than have them know where I live, putting my family and entire collection in danger.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Ok, I'm sorry about what happened but exact events like this have been posted here many times. At this point, I would almost expect to be followed from the range. It sucks but thats the world we live in. I would never leave a firearm in an unattended vehicle under any circumstance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom