• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My concern in dropping Florida is based on when/how MD treats carry permits in the future. Even if SCOTUS slaps ‘em down it could well be after I am no longer around.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    The statement was made that the southern half of FL is full of NY liberals, isn’t Miami in the southern half?
    I believe the statement was southwest Florida was as blue as could be, or something. Miami is southEAST Florida.

Last edited:

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Yea. Why don't you go spear fishing off Palm Coast and see how that works for you now. :innocent0

That's scary. While the single shot bang stick could be reloaded, it would get tricky underwater with a second shark attacking and easy to drop either the cartridge, plunger, or safety pin while reloading.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Palm Beach was nice. :)
    I love fly fishing the flats.

20190817_181111.jpg

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Sharks are scary. But I know a few folks who frequently SCUBA dive with them and have no trouble. Generally speaking I don't think sharks are interested in attacking people. Surfers get hit a bit because it is presumed they look a lot like seals to the sharks. Mostly I think they bite and let go. Not good for the bite-ee, of course, but a good chance of not getting eaten at least.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You better keep your hands and feet inside the boat these days. I used to swim at any beach wherever I would stay in Florida. Now, no freaking way will I swim down there. I got a new heavy duty 12 inch Bowie and am looking at Bang sticks just for when I go kayaking down there.:shocked3:
    I've had big nurse sharks swim by me while wading. At least I hope they were nurse sharks! :eek:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Question regarding the federal GFSZA - if a state does not issue permits at all, does that open school properties within the federal law?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I guess I'm a little confused. Why would a state that is constitutional carry issue permits? Just to get around GFSZA and/or similar state laws?
    VT never issued permits. All other CC states already had permit systems in place. The other reason is to keep reciprocity for residents who travel. Look at UT

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom