• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Governor will sign the Bill and he WILL lose his Senate Race. There will be 18-20 year olds who wont vote for him after this.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Insanity. This is a state government dominated by Republicans. Have bump stocks been used in any homicides in Florida? Has it been demonstrated that Stephen Paddock was able to wound and kill more in Nevada because he was using bump stocks at a great distance, or did he end up hitting less people (despite his rate of fire) and wearing himself out? If they're going to write a meaningless law with regards to increasing public safety, why the f*ck can't Florida Republican legislators write a bump stock ban law that carves out exceptions for trigger modifications, lighter BCGs, adjustable gas systems, etc? Do they even communicate with any constituents in the gun community?

This goes back to the NRA giving daylight to legislators to ban bump stocks and then Trump repeating his support for such a ban in his gun control meeting with members of both parties. If Florida Republicans set the precedence, of course this will be seized upon by antis in other states.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Back to the drawing board...

Attachments

• 97B4D7D1-3815-45E8-8957-3B4F53242875.jpg
      97B4D7D1-3815-45E8-8957-3B4F53242875.jpg
      67.5 KB · Views: 209

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's a purple state with a lot of RINOs. No surprise. Only getting worse as leftists from the Northeast continue to flood in.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Monumentally stupid is exactly the phrase for it. And they've not only hurt themselves but the entire national Republican Party. As seen on this forum, gun owners across the country are taking notice and are not happy with a party they once considered an ally. The democrats played them like a harp. Machiavelli couldn't have planned it any better. Dems just sat back, used the armed teachers facet as an excuse to vote no, and let the Republicans screw themselves.

In a few months, after the emotion has passed, no doubt the R's who supported this bill will be wondering wtf they were thinking and will be scrambling to kiss the 2A community's ass. And it won't work. Especially once people start hearing stories about 19 and 20 year old combat veterans at some of Florida's many military bases not being able to buy so much as a single shot duck gun. Stories I am sure the dems and their media allies will be happy to emphasize for the voters.

Congrats Florida Republican politicians. You just did the dems work for them and flipped the state to solid blue. Morons.

Or at the very least, we should have gotten open carry for this. I don't agree however that the restrictions are going to piss off that many 2A supporters.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Gov. Rick Scott has said he'll go through the bill line by line.

With his sole focus being on the families of the people who were shot.

The absolute worst kind of pandering for his own political gain.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Or at the very least, we should have gotten open carry for this. I don't agree however that the restrictions are going to piss off that many 2A supporters.

Speaking for yourself there ClockAndPastries?

You’ve already indicated that when it comes time to mobilize, you can be found under the stairs with a protein bar and a crossword puzzle.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Is there some other "best" kind of pandering I am not aware of?

There are different levels of pandering. With all of it being difficult to listen to.

But building your political future and career advancement on the backs of dead children and grieving family members is something I'd expect out of a Democrat Governor.

He's selling the Second Amendment, Florida's citizens, and possibly the state of Florida itself down the river.

I will try and temper my desire to see Florida turn Blue over his decision. And I'll do my best to contain my laughter when the Republican Trifecta Machine is successful in its obvious attempt at handing the whole of congress to the Democrats.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Unbelievable that they stripped out all of the pro-gun stuff.

Guess we will continue to hope signs make our kids safe while defending our money with guns.

Love how all the gun control people are showing their true colors and saying "a step in the right direction."

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I truly don't see how this passes constitutional muster. Blatant age discrimination. Infringement of 2a rights afforded to past and current <21YO citizens. The bump stock part is more of the same baby steps of weak RINOs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom