• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garywent

Jul 30, 2022
    Baltimore
    Submitted online 8/24
    Mailed prints 8/25
    (Prints done by Freestate using their card. $25.00)
    Check cashed 8/31
    Approved 9/28
    Waiting to see how long to receive it in mail, hurricane might hold things up.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    Submitted online 8/24
    Mailed prints 8/25
    Check cashed 8/31
    Approved 9/28
    Mine got mailed to me about 5 days after approval.

Radio Silence

Aug 24, 2022
    Cecil County
    Submitted online 8/24
    Mailed prints 8/25
    Check cashed 8/31
    Approved 9/28
    What's odd is they accepted your prints from Freestate. They specifically stated that it must be done by a LEO with that offices information on the back of the card.

garywent

Jul 30, 2022
    Baltimore
    What's odd is they accepted your prints from Freestate. They specifically stated that it must be done by a LEO with that offices information on the back of the card.
    Freestate has some kind of agreement with them I think. They do course's for Florida permits and their info was on the back of fingerprint card. I asked them prior to applying and assured that they do prints for Florida all the time.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I Had the same situation as you did. I tried calling them this morning and my call would not go through so I did a live chat and the lady told me to disregard the letter they had received my fingerprints and my check yesterday. Mine also still shows incomplete.

Mine said the same thing all the way until it was approved.
    Well no more checking I guess, got a notification that I was approved today. They just received my prints on the 22nd, so 7 days for approval isn’t really bad at all.

Attachments

• 02818975-A0A2-4457-934F-7239CAD26DDA.jpeg
      02818975-A0A2-4457-934F-7239CAD26DDA.jpeg
      105 KB · Views: 79

alitaj

Aug 23, 2022
    Montgomery county
    I'm curious if anybody has ran into my situation as of yet. I submitted my online application and then requested fingerprint cards from Florida. Received them in the mail and went to a LEO to have them done. Mailed them the cards and check. I received a letter in the mail stating the application was incomplete. (fingerprints obviously). The letter was dated AFTER I had already mailed the cards in and the check was cashed 2 days after the letter was mailed. The letter that was mailed states in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS that the notice I received must be mailed with the fingerprint cards. Should I ignore the letter since I already mailed the cards prior to the letter being mailed?
    You can ignore the letter.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I submitted everything in the mail (application, training cert, license copy, fingerprint card, passport photo) on Friday September 23rd through snail mail for about $1.86 (can’t remember exact price) notice my check was cashed on Monday September 26th but didn’t show up in mobile banking app till Wednesday. Surprise they got it over the weekend but glad they did before the hurricane hit. Now the Waiting game.

rrrenyer071

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2020
    University Park, MD
    Florida rejected my finger print card from fyi fngerprinting in ellicott city because they are not a law enforcement agency. Called mdsp, got my finger prints at cjis office at mva, mdsp no longer do finger print cards for public ( correct me if im wrong please ) sent 2nd card to pobox 6687, should be 6387, but it doesnt matter according to flse. We shall see

Will report status as it comes in.
    On 8/30, Florida stated they put my finger prints into the system on 8/24. Prints delivered 8/22. Application complete. :)
    On 8/31, "Your license was issued on 08/31/2022. Please allow up to 15 business days for your license to be printed and mailed.
    On 9/8 received FL Permit. :):)
    If no errors, from application to permit in hand would have taken 22 days if prints where delivered 4 days after online application

Law enforcement agencies to get finger prints on blue/white fbi cards
    https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml
    https://www.frederickcosheriff.com/fingerprinting
    Interesting, my print card was completed by my instructor when I completed my W&C Day 1 which was enough to meet Florida’s requirements.

rrrenyer071

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2020
    University Park, MD
    UMBC did mine. Checking my progress, it looks like I missed something in my packet. I think it's likely that my passport photo had a gray background instead of white. I'll find out from a letter in the mail sometime this week what I need to fix.
    I had an issue where I had to resubmit my photo a few times for legibility issues. It was a nuisance, but I eventually got my Florida permit.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That was fast, 15 days from when I mailed my prints (9/17), 11 days from cashed check (9/22) to card in hand. I got that damn near as quick as I did my Pennsylvania permit

Attachments

• F1FCFBA0-FC14-4500-8CA5-EA51ED2656B2.jpeg
      F1FCFBA0-FC14-4500-8CA5-EA51ED2656B2.jpeg
      81.2 KB · Views: 65

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I had an issue where I had to resubmit my photo a few times for legibility issues. It was a nuisance, but I eventually got my Florida permit.
    It turned out I just missed my $42 check. I thought the fee I paid online covered it. Sent in my check and got my license in the mail a little over a week later.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I applied for my Florida permit a day after I completed the MD CCW course, back in August. Got printed, waited two weeks for my check to get cashed, never hit the bank.

Called FL; they told me they had the check, but I failed to sign it(!) so they were going to send it back to me. No, they don't do plastic; no, I can't send them a new check, it has to be the one I submitted. Waited a week, got the check in the mail, sent it back, they cashed it, and today I got my little envelope from their Dept of Agriculture.

Haven't even gotten the NICS check from MSP yet. Maryland is pathetic, even when they think they're trying to get 'er done.

Last edited:

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I submitted everything in the mail (application, training cert, license copy, fingerprint card, passport photo) on Friday September 23rd through snail mail for about $1.86 (can’t remember exact price) notice my check was cashed on Monday September 26th but didn’t show up in mobile banking app till Wednesday. Surprise they got it over the weekend but glad they did before the hurricane hit. Now the Waiting game.
    Approved in just 11 days! I expect to card in the mail by Friday, if so that’ll be 14 day’s total lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom