Flippers and Preppers and Uncle Sam: Which one is worse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Just wanted to know which one you think is the worse... Is it the flipper who runs out to buy up the ammo and then sell it at 3X the value to you on the street, their range or their FFL store.... or is it the prepper who buys up ammo to store in his basement waiting for the Apocalypse. Perhaps its Uncle Sam that is the worse for ordering billions of rounds.

Your thoughts please.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    :popcorn: This will be fun

lol. i hope so. I don't like any of them. I really don't blame preppers because they have been doing that kinda stuff forever and a day. Then its Uncle Sam... leave it to Uncle Sam to pour gasoline on the gun fire. I believe the flippers are the worse. They run around the state buying up the ammo and then sell it to you at a store, a range or in the parking lot. They hike the price up on the regular guy and probably won't pay taxes on their earnings.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I don't know which category I fall in, but while you're out scrounging up 3 boxes at a time, I'm walking down to my basement to dip into my mighty stash any time I want to go shooting. I guess me buying stuff to be prepared for times like this makes it tough on people like you? I'll think about that while I'm at the range blasting through ammo like I've got a mountain of it at home....because I do.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    I don't know which category I fall in, but while you're out scrounging up 3 boxes at a time, I'm walking down to my basement to dip into my mighty stash any time I want to go shooting. I guess me buying stuff to be prepared for times like this makes it tough on people like you? I'll think about that while I'm at the range blasting through ammo like I've got a mountain of it at home....because I do.

^^^^^ This :lol:

I buy when I can, because I can. I Don't normally sell (if I do, only at what I paid), and I always try to help other shooters out. Ask some of the people I have done business with here.

I even started buying 9MM and .45 ACP back starting in September because I knew one day, soon, I would buy those guns. Too bad it took a horible act for me to actually buy them, but my point is, preppers aren't the bad guys here, at all. :party29:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have plenty.

Who is the worst? I think you left one out.

They are called the crybabies who are a day late and a dollar short. They often use the word "gouge".

I use the word "punk bitches".

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    This type of conversation alwasy ends in a lock. While I don't flip ammo or need to hoard ammo, I'm not going to fault anyone for doing it.
    As the son of God once said, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick

They are called the crybabies who are a day late and a dollar short.

Bingo. Some of us had the foresight to start buying up ammo, "assault rifles", etc. a year ago (or more) when it was becoming evident that the Parasite Messiah would be re-elected and this panic buying shortage would come. So why not buy 10K 5.56 at a time when I can get it for $3K? It doesn't make me a dick, it makes me smart, or at the very least, wise.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have plenty.

They are called the crybabies who are a day late and a dollar short. They often use the word "gouge".

I use the word "punk bitches".
    ^^ This.

I see flippers as opportunists, but you can't really blame someone for taking advantage of that opportunity.

Personally, I'm a day late and dollar short, but you don't see me crying about it - I shoot the ammo I have and/or reload, and I just keep my eyes open for components or reasonably priced ammo.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    5 years ago I was hitting gun shows with a friend. We ALWAYS brought our own dolly. We usually left each show with 25 - 30,000 rnds of different stuff. We did this for a couple years. When the crap hit the fan in Dec. We were good to go.

Other people I know don't have anything for ammo. I've been selling them a little here and there for what I paid for it because they're friends. Everyone else was either prepared or screwed. Some are just getting into it and came at a bad time. I still have boxes of .45 ACP that I paid $7.00 for. What is it now $30.00 if you're lucky. That might be showing some grey in my beard there..... :lol2:

I did unload about 5,000 rds of .223 TULA on GoneBroker in Jan. Paid .23 cents per rnd. for it. The highest someone paid was $1.24 per rnd. I was able to reinvest in more reloading equipment and supplies. As far as MDS, some tried to sell like that here, and still do. Don't sh!t where you eat. It's really that simple and a good rule to live by.

Besides, my avatar is always hungry....

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    This type of conversation alwasy ends in a lock. While I don't flip ammo or need to hoard ammo, I'm not going to fault anyone for doing it.
    As the son of God once said, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Funny. lol. He also said what does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul. (guess that meant preppers) lol

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda

I think that makes you a guy who likes to shoot alot. Enjoy the mountain of ammo.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    "Originally Posted by clandestine View Post

Silverlode -They are called the crybabies who are a day late and a dollar short.
    Bingo. Some of us had the foresight to start buying up ammo, "assault rifles", etc. a year ago (or more) when it was becoming evident that the Parasite Messiah would be re-elected and this panic buying shortage would come. So why not buy 10K 5.56 at a time when I can get it for $3K? It doesn't make me a dick, it makes me smart, or at the very least, wise.

Just a health conversation gentlemen. I would like to see the shelves filled with ammo for the average guy to drop in on his way home for work and buy what he wants. I was in Texas a few weeks back and that is how it was."

Perhaps there are whiners (self included) but do not see them as part of the problem. I just want to be able to comfortable walk into a store and buy some ammo and go home. If I were gonna drive all over the state, I'd quit my job and become a trucker and get paid to do it.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I guess it makes me a horrible person because I have not had to run around waiting for WalMart to stock the ammo cabinet .I sleep well at night knowing I have not had to change my shooting habits because I have been a hoarding ******* for years .

Oh yeah and to make it even worse I still buy all the ammo I can when I see it for a good price and then I take it home lay it all out on the bed and roll around in it neked .

Who is worse ? That would be you !

And I pick up all the brass I can get my hands on and I don't even reload :lol2:

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    I guess it makes me a horrible person because I have not had to run around waiting for WalMart to stock the ammo cabinet .I sleep well at night knowing I have not had to change my shooting habits because I have been a hoarding ******* for years .

Oh yeah and to make it even worse I still buy all the ammo I can when I see it for a good price and then I take it home lay it all out on the bed and roll around in it neked .

Who is worse ? That would be you !

And I pick up all the brass I can get my hands on and I don't even reload :lol2:

Doesn't sound like you are the prepper that I am referring to. I understand buying ammo whenever you can. I am talking about those who spend 3-4 hours a day driving a minivan filled with their siblings, kids, neighbors, etc. to get 3 box per person at each DSG, WM and Bass Pro in the area.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Doesn't sound like you are the prepper that I am referring to. I understand buying ammo whenever you can. I am talking about those who spend 3-4 hours a day driving a minivan filled with their siblings, kids, neighbors, etc. to get 3 box per person at each DSG, WM and Bass Pro in the area.

I am the one you are referring too . A prepared person would not be the one doing you what you say in your post . That is called unprepared .

A prepper would be sitting home taking inventory of his/her cases of ammo and stacks of magazines happy with the thoughts that they are not trolling big box stores all day for their 3 boxes of ammo .

Maybe next time instead of crying and bitching ask for help . Most of us are more then willing to share .

I will be thinking of youwhile I am at the range next wednesday while I am burning up .22lr , 5.56 , 9mm and .45acp teaching my sis and nieces how to shoot .

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    I dont resell ammo, but I to stock about 1k rounds of everything for these reasons:
    1: I need brass to reload
    2: I am an Eagle Scout so IM always prepared
    3: 1k rounds is a fun weekend if you and a few friends go to the range.
    4: I cant afford gold, and ammo has always been a valued commodity
    5: I am waiting for further restrictions from Annapolis or Washington regarding ammo sales.

It sounds like sour grapes to me, we get angry at those all be them unscrupulous resellers of commercial ammo, but they took the time to go to Walmart or where ever at 7 in the morning to ensure they could do that does it make you a dick, yes because shooters need to stick together in this climate not F--- each other. But at the same time its like buying milk at 7-11 you pay more but you can get it anytime of day. And its capitalism, you want to see their prices come back to earth STOP buying it. Preppers, Im not preparing for the end of the world, or the Zombies but I am making sure that when my girlfriends mom decides she wants to learn to shoot, IM not paying range prices for 9mm and 22lr, does that make me an *******? I dont think so, I think it makes me someone who makes sure the only reason I cant go to the range is because I dont feel like it. This whole idea reminds me of the sick guy with the Umbrella going into Walmart and helping the old lady load her groceries, all while people watched and asked to use his umbrella once he was done. The guy he said no to probably thought he was a jerk for saying know all the while knowing he could have spent 6 bucks to get his own.

Wow Im sorry this struck such a sour tone with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom