• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well I'll be. I learn something new everyday. When I got the permit I knew WV didn't honor non-resident permits. I was a little troubled that the press release was dated in 2007.

However I have found the bill that addresses the changes: H.B. 3314

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_S...oc=hb3314 intr.htm&yr=2009&sesstype=RS&i=3314

I would quote it, but pasting doesn't seem to keep the strike through formating indicating the resident requirement being revoked.

This is good news, now I can carry on my trip in the beginning of august!
    I put the presss release in to show the recriprocity with Florida, and I couldn't get it to paste either. at least we are all getting the correct info.:thumbsup:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Well crap. I got a letter from FL today saying that my certificate for watching the MDSP video wasn't good enough to satisfy their training requirements. Others have submitted that as proof of training and were successful, correct?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I sent a copy of my msp card and a copy of my hunters safty cert. boy im gonna be pissed if I wait 3 mth and dont get approved :mad54: Did you get a refund ?

The hunter's safety certificate should be fine, although that's what I thought with the MDSP video certificate as well. No refunds for this, the money we pay is just an application fee, not payment for an approved license.

ArmyDV

Krull the Warrior King
    Jan 10, 2009
    Did the letter state that you could send a different form of proof for the training requirement? or did it state that you were not approved and you'll have to submit a new application?

If it doesn't specify, call them and see if you can submit another form of training... they may accept another type instead of having to completely start over.

and to answer your question, IIRC there have been individuals that used the MSP video card for the permit...

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I submitted a hunter safety card AND MSP "video card". Seems FLA has become wise to the actual contents (or lack thereof) of the training video. The newest version of the hunter safety card should suffice as it requires live fire. Quickly find and sign up for one and see if you can submit under the same application.
    Good Luck!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Did the letter state that you could send a different form of proof for the training requirement? or did it state that you were not approved and you'll have to submit a new application?

If it doesn't specify, call them and see if you can submit another form of training... they may accept another type instead of having to completely start over.

and to answer your question, IIRC there have been individuals that used the MSP video card for the permit...

They didn't outright deny me, just asked for more proof of training. I've got 30 days to get it to them before they'll just deny it. I'm getting together with a forum member to get some training in the near future.

Jay

Balanced
    Mar 11, 2009
    Hey all,

I applied for my permit and mailed everything in at the end of April. My check cashed on 5/11 and I just called 10 minutes ago, waiting for 20 minutes to speak to someone who told me that there's a letter in the mail to notify me that the MSP training certificate of completion signed by me is not enough information.

Anyone else get this shit? It says on the bottom of the card (which I blew up and mailed in with my application) that "born on xxx date, have completed a certified firearms safety training course online on (given date) which meets the requirements of Public Safety Artice...of the Annotated Code of Maryland."

Lostfantum

Ultimate Member
    Nov 27, 2007
    Middle River, Maryland
    Hey all,

I applied for my permit and mailed everything in at the end of April. My check cashed on 5/11 and I just called 10 minutes ago, waiting for 20 minutes to speak to someone who told me that there's a letter in the mail to notify me that the MSP training certificate of completion signed by me is not enough information.

Anyone else get this shit? It says on the bottom of the card (which I blew up and mailed in with my application) that "born on xxx date, have completed a certified firearms safety training course online on (given date) which meets the requirements of Public Safety Artice...of the Annotated Code of Maryland."

The only problem is it meets Maryland's requirement not Florida's.

Jay

Balanced
    Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah, I figured. But I like how Florida had this on their website and like a week later didn't. I noticed after I went to make sure I had everything needed and the link to the list of things was no longer there. That's probably when they made the change.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hey all,

I am wondering if the problem is with the On Line Video certificate that the user signs versus the cert card I got in the gun store after watching the video. It has the signature of the gun store salesperson who administered the video and may look more "official"and it has a serial number on the bottom of the certification card. I wonder if this is the problem. I only applied a month ago so I have no idea if it will be rejected. I have my DD214 ready to send if it is rejected.

Stu

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I am wondering if the problem is with the On Line Video certificate that the user signs versus the cert card I got in the gun store after watching the video. It has the signature of the gun store salesperson who administered the video and may look more "official"and it has a serial number on the bottom of the certification card. I wonder if this is the problem. I only applied a month ago so I have no idea if it will be rejected. I have my DD214 ready to send if it is rejected.

Stu

It must be signed by the administrator of the class, or the clerk who sat you down in front of the TV.

See http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/ap.../Concealed Weapon_ApplicationInstructions.pdf
    Instructions for Questiopn 6, the last few lines.

"The photocopy of your training certificate must be clear and legible and include your name, the instructor’s name,
    signature, and certification number
    . Please do not send the original certificate; it cannot be returned."

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It must be signed by the administrator of the class, or the clerk who sat you down in front of the TV.

See http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/ap.../Concealed Weapon_ApplicationInstructions.pdf
    Instructions for Questiopn 6, the last few lines.

"The photocopy of your training certificate must be clear and legible and include your name, the instructor’s name,
    signature, and certification number
    . Please do not send the original certificate; it cannot be returned."

What does the certificate that you print out after watching the safety video on line look like? My point was that if it does not contain a registration or certificate number and only contains the applicant's signature, maybe that does not look "official" enough to FLA and they reject the application based on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom