• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So, is this 26 states now or were we already past half?
    We are at 25 now but both Florida and Nebraska have bills that have passed the legislature and are on the way to the respective Governors Desks so 26 and 27 are just waiting to happen.

Then they can add their "blood in the streets" to the other existing 25 states with CC, you would think with that many streets the blood would be filling the reservoirs by now.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    As a former inmate of MD and now a proud FL resident...I approve of this message and would like to subscribe to it's news letter. That said, as long as they continue to offer them, I'll keep renewing my permit for reciprocity. My MD permit is up for renewal late this year...I'm curious to see how that will go.
    Shouldn't be an issue, only thing is you have to get that 8 hour training through a MD-approved instructor. IDK if there are any down in FL though?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It’s funny, the majority of States are Constitutional carry, and just listen to the MD politicians scream “the sky is falling” because of Bruen.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Shouldn't be an issue, only thing is you have to get that 8 hour training through a MD-approved instructor. IDK if there are any down in FL though?
    My renewal...last I checked you don't need training to renew. Also, I'm training exempt...that wonderful thing called a DD-214.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    My renewal...last I checked you don't need training to renew. Also, I'm training exempt...that wonderful thing called a DD-214.
    Training exempt you wouldn’t need it, those who aren’t do an 8hr renewal course- basically Day 2 of the standard 2 day with the shooting qual.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    It applies to all. The licensing system stays in place

Starts July 1
    Just to make sure my feeble mind understands your comment my friend, are you saying that I still need to carry my FL non-resident CC permit when I go there? I just want to doublecheck to be safe.

I plan to become a FL resident in about 18 months so this is great news.

Thanks.

Cal68

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    That makes a HUGE difference there. For the rest of us peons the training is nothing more than a burden meant to frustrate exercising a right.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Just to make sure my feeble mind understands your comment my friend, are you saying that I still need to carry my FL non-resident CC permit when I go there? I just want to doublecheck to be safe.

I plan to become a FL resident in about 18 months so this is great news.

Thanks.

Cal68
    If you plan to go before July yes. Afterward (assuming the bill is signed), no, although I would maintain the permit for reciprocity purposes.
    The way things are you have a few oddball states that don't allow for a visitor to carry on a 3rd state's permit, so maintaining the home state permit is a must if you do any extensive traveling.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Desantis signed the bill into law

Florida is now the 26th constitutional carry state, as if 7/1/2023

Excellent!
    I saw this morning where they'd put it on his desk so I knew it wouldn't be long.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    If you plan to go before July yes. Afterward (assuming the bill is signed), no, although I would maintain the permit for reciprocity purposes.
    The way things are you have a few oddball states that don't allow for a visitor to carry on a 3rd state's permit, so maintaining the home state permit is a must if you do any extensive traveling.
    Got it, thanks for the explanation. Especially regarding the reciprocity issue. That small but very important fact had escaped me!

Cal68

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Excellent. I would point out this isn’t constitutional carry in the proper sense.
    It’s permitless concealed carry. They are the ONLY state right now to virtually ban open carry but allow concealed w/o a permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom