• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Yeah. We were on 17. I don't think we'd started shooting when you were packing up. I was wondering why you were leaving so soon considering the range hadn't been open very long. Clean looking AK you got there!

I think I saw you and your buddy shooting a scoped lever action rifle. that was a bummer. I only got to shoot 20 rounds out of the 150 I brought with me.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    MSAR not in the fight for us

From this main page regarding MSP saying dealers can release on the 8th day: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121185
    Post 22

Maryland Small Arms has indicated they won't be complying with this. I don't have anything there but my brother does. Shops who don't comply will probably lose a lot of business. I can understand why they would be skeptical though.

So range day with this shop is basically supporting a business that does not care when when a law abiding citizen has their Rights denied. As long as they get your money, they could care less when you get your firearm.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    [QUOTE.

I'm also surprised they didn't have a rod for you to tap the round out from the muzzle end.[/QUOTE]

Does any cleaning rod that will fit a .30 caliber barrel work, or is there a special rod I have to get?

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    Yup. It was my Marlin 336. Also shot a Marlin 60 and his Stoeger Cougar. I rented and fell in love with the Smith and Wesson M&P 40, though.

RE: MSAR not releasing guns in a timely manner, I'd like to support a business that's in the fight for us. Any other ranges in the area allow rifles?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I got in there at about 10:15 AM. I was the very first one in the rifle range area. I had with me my SW 686 I got last January, shooting it only for the first time. I also had with me my Arsenal SGL21 with 5 30 round mags loaded to the full. I shot the Smith with no problem. When it was time for me to shoot some rounds from my AK, I only was able to fire about 20 rounds and then a round got stuck in the chamber. That basically ended my day at the range. I disassembled the receiver and could see the stuck round. I got out of the range and while waiting for my driver's license, I asked one of the counter guys if they have a gunsmith inhouse. He said the gunsmith will be there alter in the afternoon. He asked me what the problem was and he said he can take a look at it. I handed him the rifle, he did some jiggling, and was able to take the stuck round out. He said that I should never use Tula ammo again as they are junk. I've had this AK for a year now and has about 1,500 rounds thru it, mostly(about 90%) Tulas with no problem at all. I also shoot Tula in my AR and in my 9mm pistols and 45 pistols.

Anybody else have the same problem with Tula ammos?

So how did you like the range????????????????????????????

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    So how did you like the range????????????????????????????

The only range I now go to regularly is the NRA range. One thing that puts it ahead of the NRA range is that there was no line when I got there at 10:15. If I go to the NRA range at 10:15 AM, even on workdays, there is always a line of shooters waiting. One thing that the NRA range is ahead of the MSAR range is safety. There is always a range officer at the NRA range looking around.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    From this main page regarding MSP saying dealers can release on the 8th day: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121185
    Post 22

So range day with this shop is basically supporting a business that does not care when when a law abiding citizen has their Rights denied. As long as they get your money, they could care less when you get your firearm.

From an inside source at MSAR I learned that they will indeed be releasing on the 8th day. They will have this policy in place as early as tomorrow. Call them tomorrow for details.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    From an inside source at MSAR I learned that they will indeed be releasing on the 8th day. They will have this policy in place as early as tomorrow. Call them tomorrow for details.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: may have to come by sunday see what they have on stock.. :lol2:

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    yep.. per gun and you have to buy their ammo though.

No you don't. You can bring in your own ammo to use on their rental guns. Just has to be factory new. No reloads. Done it like 3 times already. Last time was Memorial Day week.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    No you don't. You can bring in your own ammo to use on their rental guns. Just has to be factory new. No reloads. Done it like 3 times already. Last time was Memorial Day week.
    An.. Thanks for the correction. Only rented once LNG time ago, just going by my memory. ;)

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    What did you think of the 686 and how long is the barrel, I am on the hunt!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013

Saw something similar on this thread

Just received a message from MSAR(through facebook) stating "We will have a process for the early release of the firearms this coming monday. Please feel free to call us at the beginning of the week, or check our status updates, for more information."

Status updates where? www.msar.com?

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Their process is to wait for paperwork. So they didn't really change anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom