• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Not a lot of sources for cheap/free lead down here DCR - I've looked into it before.

ETA: Although those places may not have cared for me, he may have better luck...

was going to visit walmart and just hang out at the parking lot.. :lol2:

yes.. its a joke..

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Fixed it for ya... 1911's & 45ACP in general are very addictive to shoot. Once you start shooting that thing - your other pistols tend to get sidelined.

That round is perfect for cast bullets - and casting them, 45ACP is dirt cheap to shoot. For shooting at paper or steel- cast is all you need!

Have fun with that thing!

After watching my buddy get 43lbs of lead from wheel weights last weekend, I may have to get into reloading my own .45 and 9mm. By my math that's 1308 230gr .45s or 2617 115gr 9mm and he only paid $25 for the bucket.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    After watching my buddy get 43lbs of lead from wheel weights last weekend, I may have to get into reloading my own .45 and 9mm. By my math that's 1308 230gr .45s or 2617 115gr 9mm and he only paid $25 for the bucket.

Its well worth it. Im fortunate to get my old wheel weights/lead for free. To load a self cast 230 Grain Ball Cartridge costs me about $.04 a round.Compare that to a loaded jacketed bulk pack (of mediocre quality)- which Ive seen go for over $100 for a 250 round count. The velocity and energy of a casted is equal to that of a jacketed round for a 45ACP ball round. Accuracy is quite good too! I have had ZERO leading issues.

For what it costs - you end up burning alot of 45 ammo for cheap - but thats a good thing.

There are lots of 45 bullet molds in various weights, and profiles to choose from - but the ball profile is probably the most reliable in terms of feeding.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    ok, ill run around screaming lx1x:bullhorn: till you answer me.

Sorry.. Just saw this.. Im not hard to find.

Tall mexican looking (not mexican btw) with long hair. Ill be either smoking in the shade while waiting for my tuen to shoot. Lol

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Finally got one. Was looking around at the range I shoot at and didnt like the ones in display. The sale person mentioned they just got a new one in and havent put in display.

Well today, she came home with me. :)

a7eheze5.jpg

Cant wait to shoot this weekend.

I cant stop looking at the pic!!!!!! I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!! :banghead:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    you want to join me to chantilly? i'll help you look for one.. ;)

I've got a line on one already. The second I saw that you got one I couldnt be left out. You're a horrible influence on my wallet! Damn you! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom