• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marquis708

Feb 6, 2013
    MD.
    WOW! I've recently purchase three of the guns that are listed here. Two of them on MDS.
    I feel good.

SW Model 19 357, Norinko SKS and Colt Commander 45.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have a hard time controlling my impulses, so I have no regrets on things I did not buy. I have sold only a few guns. The one I regret selling the most is my Glock 22.I am not a big fan of the Glocks and a friend of mine wanted it. When I mentioned to my wife that I sold it she said that it was one of her favorite guns to shoot. I had to go out and buy a brand new Glock 22 to make her happy.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I regret not buying a LOT of firearms.

In 1979, I had in my hands:
    Colt Python. 4". Blued. The price (NIB) was $335.00
    S&W mdl 25-5 (.45 Long Colt). 6-1/2". NIB it was $359.00.
    S&W mdl 29. 6-1/2". NIB it was $359.00.
    S&W mdl 57. 6-1/2". NIB it was $359.00.
    S&W mdl 25-2 (.45 acp). 5". NIB it was $419.00.

These were all at "Marvin's Sport City" in Iverson Mall.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I saw an excellent-condition (and unsold) AUG A3 on arfcom for $1650 shipped recently. I'll probably regret not buying it in a few years, if I'm still in this state.

Otherwise, not much. My wife has been decidedly amazing about letting me buy whatever I want, especially since I'm selling most of my non-banned guns.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Sniff...I had one of these & sold it. :sad20:

images

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was in Bay Country Guns in Annapolis a couple of years ago and there was this Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 in the counter on consignment. It was a silver alloy of some kind, but not stainless - I can't think of what it was called. Anyway, it still had the 6.5" barrel rather than the shortened 6" and I really really wanted it. Lock up on it was nice and tight and you could tell it hadn't been fired much, and it would have been the perfect counterpart to my first year production 1956 pre-29.

At the time I didn't have the cash to buy it, and I didn't think about some of the more creative ways I could have garnered the cash, (selling off some of my misc. music stuff) and I've kicked myself ever since for not finding a way to obtain it.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Selling: Walther GSP. Sold it when I got a Hammerli 280, but should have kept it as a backup. Also regret having to sell my S&W Model 41.

Not buying: A Colt Python. Could have picked it up for $500 around 1991.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I did not purchase

WWI Luger, matching numbers, $400
    Colt SAA made in 1918, $400
    Full auto anything in 1986 when I could have legally purchased one prior to the FOPA

ArneJ

Feb 16, 2012
    Bel Air
    Wished I had bought:
    Ruger .44 MAG Carbine - way back in the 1970's.
    My brother's .30-06 - that he sold without telling anyone in the family.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Wished I had bought:
    1. Freedom Arms target revolver with the long barrel and shrouded front sight. It was mint condition in Cabela's Gun Library and I thought it was over priced @ $1800.00.
    2. More Browning BBR rifles when they made the the 9 lug Weatherby Style bolt. I have one in 30-06 and 22-250. Wished I got one in .243 and some other calibers.
    3. Colt Python pistols when they were still making them new.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I regret (well not entirely as you'll see...) getting rid of my Smith 19 .357 with 4" barrel. The story: My son goes hunting with me from time to time and I have prevously purchased for him a Mossberg 500 20 ga Super bantam and a Savage 11 Youth in .243 (both are now restocked with adult stocks). Last spring my daughter, who just turned 21 last October, asked if I would buy her a handgun since I bought her brother 2 hunting guns. I took her to shoot a few of my guns to get an idea just which caliber might be good as well as action type. She fell in love with my 19. Since I also have a S&W 27, I transferred the Smith 19 to her before the Oct 1st deadline. Kind'a wish she'd picked something else, but also glad it stayed in the family.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    My firearms evolution has been a process - I bought a number of handguns in particular over the years that really shouldn't have come home with me. A few others I had sold but eventually reaquired something very similar that fit better.

I sold a couple of ARs I wish I had held onto. One was a custom Hatfields carbine; the other was a Fulton NM that I had purchased for a song and traded it in at a higher value, but now would rather have held onto.

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    Sold my 2yr old Marlin 512 slugmaster bolt action 12gauge back in the late 90s when I got my truck towed and I had little money. Sold it for the impound fee $200. That gun was SWEET. Put em in the same hole at 50yds and at 100yds I could put 5 slugs in a 3" diameter and it only dropped around 3 inches. Used Winchester 2.75 sabot slugs. They were grey in color. The 3" were black and not as accurate. 3-9 Leupold scope. 2 or 3 round clip if I cant remember exactly. UGH.... Theyre tough to find now I believe and last time I saw one in a shop was Clydes over 5yrs ago and it wasnt cheap. Clydes had another Marlin bolt action slug gun a few months ago. Slightly different, camo rather thn wood and didnt last long. The 512 w/o a scope weighed 11 or 12 pounds!!! BIG bull barrel. Back then great slug guns were limited, copper solids had just came out, some guys loved the Brenneke slugs and teased me for my gun and ammo choice but quickly shut up when I dropped an 8pt at 125yds dead in its tracks. Id like to have another one for old times sake but since I havent deer hunted in years, Id have no idea what type of slug to use as Im sure they dont make what I used to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom