• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    S&W 13-3 3 inch, bobbed hammer, absolutely the best trigger I have ever felt. Someone flashed me a wad of cash and I had a moment of weakness...

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Dan Wesson .44 mag, Colt Trooper .357 and a ruger mark II. I just bought a Ruger mark III, but that mark II was damn accurate. The trooper was my first gun. The first shot I took with it was a bullseye from 15 yards. The Dan Wesson blew my ear drum. Rang for 7 hours. What?

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    In '98 I sold a Tec-9. Stupid move, it ran great. Also regretted selling a S&W 2214 (.22LR) but found one on GB this year and snagged it.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    1860 Colt in original presentation case with original primers in original primer case, lead and bullet mold

Bought for $900 about 15 years ago - sold for $2000 (about 10 years ago)

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I regretted selling everything, until I take the money and bought something else I wanted more at the time. The Walther P99 QA in .40 I just sold to another member on this forum may be the one that haunts me.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Let's see:

Inland M1 Carbine
    K98 Mauser
    Enfield No.4 Mk1
    Walther PPK/S
    Browning BDA .380
    Remington 870
    Ruger Mk II
    S&W 686
    Ruger Single Six
    Colt Stainless Commander, .45. throated, ported, combat sights, flat mainspring housing and short trigger (I have short fingers). Really wish I still had that one.

There were probably others that I have forgotten.

As for Guns I regretted not buying, there was a Civil War Merrill Carbine...

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I regret not buying the M1 Garand I checked out at Engage last Friday morning. :banghead:Especially when I was at the range on Sunday and didn't have it with me.:mad54::mad54:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    :sad20:When I was going through my divorce in 2001 - 2002, I sold a few guns to pay off lawyer bills. The gun I most regretted selling was a Clark Custom build on a Colt series 80 in 45 acp. Trigger broke clean... like ice. It shot tight groups. The only reason I sold it at the time was I could use the money and I decided that handgun could go since I hadn't shot it for 2 or 3 years. Sold it at Westminster to a judge for $975. The gun was probably worth $1200 + even then (although I got just a bit more than I actually had in it thanks to a good trade). I have since purchased a Colt Gold Cup Trophy and more recently a Colt 1911 with mostly National Match parts. Both shoot well, but I miss the looks and feel of the Clark gun. Missed it even more than the Parker VH grade I sold around the same time. The reason I no longer missed the Parker was that 3 years after selling the one I had I purchased another that I like even better (and still have) for LESS money than I sold mine for. I bought it at the Baltimore Antique Firearms show at Timonnium.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I sold the first rifle and handgun that I purchased by myself to make a child support payment for my 2 year old son. The rifle was Plainfield M1 carbine with a collapsible wire stock , wooden pistol grip and wooden front grip. It was the first one I had ever seen and I've never seen one since. The pistol was a S&W model 39 that I bought brand new in 1980 on the trip when I moved from LA to PA.

I told my now 26 year old son about the sale. He said he could have skipped a couple meals for those pieces.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I regret selling my .44 Mag Desert Eagle. Sure it's ridiculous and expensive to shoot. But man it was fun. I regret not buying a bunch of the DPMS 5.56 rifles my old "go to" store back in Washington had just before moving here to communist country. They were selling them brand new, 30 round mags, with a hard case for $500. The guy told me he couldn't sell them-no one wanted them. Now I get out here and see the same rifles selling for close to $1000 and in some cases even more. :sad20:
    I actually planned to buy at least one. Drove to the store and was planning to buy. But then I remembered were were moving soon and in my foolish naive mentality-I thought I would just pick one up once we became subjects of commie land. Little did I know....My own fault though for not thoroughly familiarizing myself with what life is like when one ceases to be a citizen and becomes a subject.

And yes...I'm very bitter. :D

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Firearms you regretted selling and/or NOT buying

Biggest regret selling - Colt Combat Commander

Biggest regret not buying
    - Colt 1911A1 that a friend owned.
    This pistol was accurized by Bob Chow. This pistol was so 'tight', when you dropped the slide into battery, it 'sang'!!!
    When he offered it to me, I was in the middle of a divorce, and was as poor as a pauper.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Ruger GP 100; my first handgun about 2 yrs ago. Although I sold it to a friend, started to regret it recently so went and bought a S & W Combat Masterpiece. Not the same but .....

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Biggest Regret Selling- Cold Combat Commander in Satin Finish with Pearl Grips. Matched pair. My buddy bought one and I bought the other around 1975. $250 each. Sold mine for what I paid.

Biggest Regret Not Buying- Colt Python .357 nickel or blued finish with 6 inch barrel. Thought I couldn't afford it then. I know I can't afford it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom