• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    That depends on what you order, how backed up they are, and sometimes you never get one.

The best thing for order tracking is to follow the Tracking thread on the CMP Forum to see the progress of orders for similar guns reported by other people:
    This is the one for Garands but different grades track differently go to the last page
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=28081

Awesome thanks for the link and the information, Ill take a look!

chompers

Nov 8, 2012
    One more question - About how long after sending in the application should I expect to see a DBU...the app was mailed Thursday

Mine took over two weeks from receipt to DBU.
    I think I dropped it in the mail right before Thanksgiving. The email titled "CMP ORDER RECEIVED 11-28-16...ORDER BACK ORDERED" came in on 12/14. The holiday no doubt delayed the receipt. I'm sure since it was my first CMP order(having to confirm my identity paperwork), that accounts for the other delay.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Mine took over two weeks from receipt to DBU.
    I think I dropped it in the mail right before Thanksgiving. The email titled "CMP ORDER RECEIVED 11-28-16...ORDER BACK ORDERED" came in on 12/14. The holiday no doubt delayed the receipt. I'm sure since it was my first CMP order(having to confirm my identity paperwork), that accounts for the other delay.

Ok awesome, so I would think about two weeks before hearing from them. I'll post up here when I hear. I saw Doco and Yellowsled over on the cmp forum so I'll update there as well so others can get an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    WOW - So I just got the DBU 5 minutes ago, After dropping my order form in the mail on 1/26/2017
    That-ll come pretty quick, now the real fun begins. The wait. Inside the case will be the "read this first" and a clip and then a manila envelope will have some info for authenticity. Pay particular attention to the ammo section, clearing a stoppage and how to use the sights. There will also be a card that can be used for a trigger lock. If you have never been around an M1 alot, practice unloading a partially spent clip and then topping off with training rounds which can get tricky.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    About how long did it take to get your membership info form M1 Collectors Club? I mailed my application and check in about 2 weeks ago.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    The CMP received my order on 1/29/2017 and it was just delievered a few minutes ago. There is almost no pitting whatsover on the reciever and overall its in great shape. They 830 price tag is well worth it on these rifles

Attachments

• Garand1.JPG
      Garand1.JPG
      66.2 KB · Views: 173
    • Garand2.JPG
      Garand2.JPG
      54.3 KB · Views: 169
    • garand3.JPG
      garand3.JPG
      54.9 KB · Views: 174
    • garand4.JPG
      garand4.JPG
      92.2 KB · Views: 173

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    The CMP received my order on 1/29/2017 and it was just delievered a few minutes ago. There is almost no pitting whatsover on the reciever and overall its in great shape. They 830 price tag is well worth it on these rifles

Looks great, I would be more than happy with your result for $830. As soon as I get my M1 Collectors Club info back, I will be sending my order form in. Hopefully I don't miss out on this one like the Field Grade.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Looks great, I would be more than happy with your result for $830. As soon as I get my M1 Collectors Club info back, I will be sending my order form in. Hopefully I don't miss out on this one like the Field Grade.

Yeah I had the same thought once the field grades sold out so I rushed to pull the trigger on this one and am very happy I did. Hopefully you get your club package soon:party29:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Thanks for the mandatory feet!:D

The rifle looks like a keeper. Now we need a shooting report.

Less than two weeks from order to gun in hand looks like things are getting caught up.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

You might want to check with the collectors club because I believe they send membership updates to the CMP very frequently, I know you can join at the CMP Store and walk out with a rifle same day. Did you join on line or by snail mail, the CMP may already have the information.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    You might want to check with the collectors club because I believe they send membership updates to the CMP very frequently, I know you can join at the CMP Store and walk out with a rifle same day. Did you join on line or by snail mail, the CMP may already have the information.

I joined via snail mail. I didn't see an option to do it online, did I miss it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom