• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I am unsure what is actually a "reasonable" restriction, ....

Along the same lines as yelling "Fire" in a movie theater. I would say:

1) Discharging a firearm in any location (other than a range or similar) when life threatening circumstances don't exist.
    2) Owning a nuke.
    3) Using a firearm to coerce someone when life threatening circumstances don't exist.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    One has the absolute right to yell "Fire!" in a movie theater. What goes unsaid is to exercise that right means one has to accept the consequences and penalties for such. Responsibility goes with every right.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

1) Discharging a firearm in any location (other than a range or similar) when life threatening circumstances don't exist.
    2) Owning a nuke.
    3) Using a firearm to coerce someone when life threatening circumstances don't exist.
    Why is simple ownership of a nuke unconstitutional?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Why is simple ownership of a nuke unconstitutional?
    Likely argument(s) would go like this:

A nuke isn’t an infantry/militia weapon. You probably wouldn’t think of it as an “arm,” as you might a grenade launcher, etc.

It’s a device that, arguably (and utterly unlike a firearm) actually DOES require extraordinarily specialized skill and resources to even store safely, with the consequences of failing to do so being enormous. Having one in casual possession (unlike a firearm) could be seen as reckless endangerment of everyone for miles around. It’s a particularly bad example when arguing about the 2A. Cannons are a better fit.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

2) Owning a nuke.

Oh boy. Lots of things wrong here. Look up the court case where "yelling fire in a movie theater" originates from.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

2) Owning a nuke.
    Incorrect. It is perfectly legal to yell fire in a crowded theater if no one is injured, including the theater, by your actions. This is a false example created to imply "reasonable" exist. The limits on any right is if you infringe on another right. The best example is freedom of speech in which you may not defame someone. For 2a you cannot commit murder. This was the intention of our founding fathers.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Incorrect. It is perfectly legal to yell fire in a crowded theater if no one is injured, including the theater, by your actions. This is a false example created to imply "reasonable" exist. The limits on any right is if you infringe on another right. The best example is freedom of speech in which you may not defame someone. For 2a you cannot commit murder. This was the intention of our founding fathers.

OK - so do you think someone should be able to discharge their firearms at any time in any direction as long as they don't hurt anyone?

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My question is how do we get these federal rulings to have legal standing in Maryland. Is there a summary lawsuit you can file to have similar Maryland laws be ruled unconstitutional?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom