• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I love my Glock 22 !!! It was a choice between the XD 40 or the Glock.
    I went with the Glock for it reputation,you can't go wrong with a gun that most in the law enforcement fields want to carry.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Hardnutz said:
    I myself carry a G23 wich I would gladly show a pic if I had an idea on how to do it.

When you are in edit mode (reply or new thread), if you scroll down there is a button under 'Aditional Options' titled 'Manage Attachments'. Click that button and it will allow you to upload an image. If you are using the 'Quick Reply' feature, that button will not be available. You must click either 'New Thread' or 'Post Reply' to be able to upload an image. If you wish to link to an image hosted on another site you can use the tag. For instructions, click here -> [url]http://www.mdshooters.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode[/url]

I have a G23 as well, but I'd like to add a G19 to my collection for my wife to shoot. She doesn't like the recoil of the .40 S&W. I would also like the reduced cost of the 9mm rounds over the .40 rounds for general fun shooting.

Last edited:

pistolpete

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Gotta go with the CZ

I really love my CZ 85B. It is about ten years old with a ton of rounds though it. I have yet to shoot or hold a gun that points as well as a CZ. I also really like the baby Glock 26, better than the G19 I had.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    pete got me into CZs. he's right, nothin points like a CZ. i fell in love with his 85B and once i had the money, went on a hunt for the new P-01. bunch of dealers told me i couldnt get it in MD, so i looked for alternatives... UNTIL one day i got a phone call from the owner of Valley Gun saying he could get me a MD/NY compliant P-01.

i can also attest to pete's proficiency with the g26. though i never saw him with the g19, i cant imagine it being any more deadly than he already is with that tiny lil 26 :)

hardnutz, you carry a g23? are you a cop? if not, howd you get the CCW permit?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    MD/NY compliant P-01.
    What did he mean about that? Md has a list but they usually accept the expensive guns w/o a problem (AFAIK). The internal lock thing, I thought, was taken care of by Barreta (or was it Ruger) with their attachable "internal lock". Md doesn't have anything against guns that can take a larger than 20 round magazine, just the magazine itself. Is that particular Cz designed to take just a 21 rnd mag? (really, I don't know about CZ's and high cap mags in pistols.)

A17195

Jun 12, 2005
    We have several CZ's, the 75, 75B, 85 and the 40B - like them all (mostly because they are a Browning in Czech clothing). However, I gotta go with the 1911.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    sorry it took me so long to reply. CZs arent MD compliant because 1) they dont have a locking mechanism with them; and 2) they dont ship with a fired shell casing. they have to be special ordered by the distributor from the manufacturer (extra $5 cost for the shell casing). Sandy at Valley Gun threw in a cable lock for me at no additional cost. i was like "what's that for?" and he said "throw it away for all i care, but i gotta sell it to you with the gun" (or something to that effect)

after all these long months since my original post (May 4th), i've fired 8250 rounds through my CZ P-01 and become quite proficient with it :)

next on my purchase list is a nice 1911. i'm thinkin Kimber ______, Springfield "Loaded" model, or anything with a nice stainless finish and a beaver tail that protects my hand from getting bitten (mil-spec is out of the question, and so are most dove-tailed models)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I still really enjoy most of my handguns so picking a favorite is hard.

Right now I'm trying to master my new(ish) Rock Island 1911. right before that I bought a Taurus Tracker 970 in 22lr. Both have been with me to the range on the last few trips whereas my cz40b and Ruger P95 collect dust in the safe.

I shoot the Ruger P97 a fair amount still since it's my HD gun and I shoot the Bersa Thunder 380 a bit since I carry in on the mountain in West Virginia. Neither are my current faves, but I need to stay proficient with them.

Usually whatever the newest gun is turns out to be the current fave.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My favorite handgun is my HK USP.....closest to being a good fit for my hand, reliable, accurate beyond belief.

The gun that's been getting the most work lately is my 870 trap gun. I've got to get out to the range and try out my new stock and Morgan adjustable pad.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    My favorite(aka only) handgun is my S&W 686P. Sooo dreamy:bowdown:
    686P09.jpg

thinking about getting an XD9 to add to my collection, i like the way they point. I havent fired one yet, so i cant say for sure.

Last edited:

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    1.RIA Armscor 1911 gov that I personally tore down and tweaked and fine tuned the trigger. Slide runs like butter and eats any ammo I give it.
    2.Springfield GI spec 1911 very correctly made but eats only ball ammo.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    1.RIA Armscor 1911 gov that I personally tore down and tweaked and fine tuned the trigger. Slide runs like butter and eats any ammo I give it.
    Sweet! I'll need a trigger job on my RIA soon. Now I know who to call!

That RIA 1911 is fast becoming my favorite too.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Spot77 said:
    Sweet! I'll need a trigger job on my RIA soon. Now I know who to call!

That RIA 1911 is fast becoming my favorite too.

Someone is having just a little too much fun changing their avatars :lol:

WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    Ok, I know that I live in Western MD and we do not have as many gun dealers as in the populated areas, but all the dealers that I spoke with here told me that in MD you cannot purchase a new CZ handgun, Kimber or Rock Island 1911's. No shell casing and no internal lock. What gives? Are these guns older guns that were purchased before Jan 2003? I am curious because I would love to purchase a reasonably priced RIA 1911. By the way because I was told that Kimber was not available in MD I purchased a loaded Black Stainless Springfield Armory and I highly recommend this gun. It is accurate, dependable, and not hard to look at. My favorite pistol to shoot is my H&K P7M8. All I can say about this gun is wow why did they discontinue it. It is the most accurate handgun that I own and has been from the first time I fired it. Let me know about the situation with the guns that I asked about.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I just got my RIA 1911 about four months ago, new from a dealer that had just gotten them in.

There is no internal lock, but it did come with one of the new Omega locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom