• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    From your lips to God's ear.

Personally, I have a few CZs for the sake of the brand itself; the CZ82 was one of the first C&R guns I bought, the ergonomics moved that purchase. Picked up a CZ45, the DAO 25acp that Seecamp modeled theirs after.

But for social use, the P01 and Rami fill the bill. Metal, hammer, ergonomic delight -- what's not to love?

In that vein, it recently occurred to me that a threaded barrel for the P01 would be a welcome addition to a home defense setup, but there's little infor on suppressing these pistols. Pointers to sources and info would be very welcome, from those in the know.
    CZ's webstore had the threaded barrels in stock recently. I periodically check because they do stock their stuff.
    currently out of stock, but every few months they get refilled, at least historically.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    While I loved my Shadow, I ended up selling it to finance an STI, which is significantly better for what I wanted the Shadow for. I still have my P10F, which has an extra slide and threaded barrel with compensator. Unfortunately, the comp requires that I used +P ammunition to cycle properly. I may or may not get back into shooting USPSA with it, albeit in Carry Optics. It's a fun gun.

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    I absolutely love my Shadow 2 Orange. Amazingly accurate weapon.
    IMG_8310.jpeg

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Have a CZ-82 which is my absolute favorite. Right size and no failures. During the last ammo shortage my son bought a bunch of 9mm Makarov in Texas so I am set for a good while.

LittleBill

Mar 14, 2020
    Well then Im happy I bought an Omega. Wasnt looking for one but its what I found and bought it. Love it. I installed the ProPack before firing a single round through it. All of the stock internals are bagged, did the same with my 97, the other discontinued CZ I have.
    I also have a 457 Varmint in 22mag and an American in the same caliber with 22lr barrels for both.
    If you count the two Dan Wesson 1911's I guess I now own 6 CZ firearms

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    From your lips to God's ear.

Personally, I have a few CZs for the sake of the brand itself; the CZ82 was one of the first C&R guns I bought, the ergonomics moved that purchase. Picked up a CZ45, the DAO 25acp that Seecamp modeled theirs after.

But for social use, the P01 and Rami fill the bill. Metal, hammer, ergonomic delight -- what's not to love?

In that vein, it recently occurred to me that a threaded barrel for the P01 would be a welcome addition to a home defense setup, but there's little infor on suppressing these pistols. Pointers to sources and info would be very welcome, from those in the know.
    Just in case you haven't bought a threaded barrel yet. They need to be fitted to your gun. Only took a few strokes with a stone for my P01 but my SP01 took quite a bit more.

2A Sales has threaded barrels on a regular basis. The best CZ shop around here. I found my 457 VPT there and they are really hard to find

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Love my CZ457 Varmint. I have 2 barrels for it 17hmr and 22lr. The 17hmr is so accurate and fun to shoot. I will be taking it with me to the range tomorrow.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just in case you haven't bought a threaded barrel yet. They need to be fitted to your gun. Only took a few strokes with a stone for my P01 but my SP01 took quite a bit more.

2A Sales has threaded barrels on a regular basis. The best CZ shop around here. I found my 457 VPT there and they are really hard to find

Thanks for the tip. I'm on some kind of wait list for one, but I'd really prefer getting one, properly fitted, from a local shop. I'll give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom