• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I have bee a CZ fan(atic) for many moons now, and I have always been interesting to hear what other CZs people are shooting(?). The shadows have surged in popularity seemingly due to the major discounts on them, but what are some other favorites? I started a Glock fan, went to Sig, and then was introduced to the CZ P10c... the rest is history lol
    I personally love my PCR, but I just pulled out my P01 Omega now that they are discontinued and it's just as great as it ever was.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I have only two CZ pistols which have made me a fan. Both have been improved by Cajun Gun Works. The 75BD Police is a terrific gun, but the 97BD is on a whole different level. It has their "E" conversion (now called the "Pro Package"), with the 1911 style bushing, LPA rear sight and S/S guide rod. It is one incredible shooter. I had fired some standard factory configuration guns, but never considered buying one. I actually traded into the 97 with another forum member, intending to sell it, but after some range time it became one of my favorites.

Attachments

• 20220907_155238.jpg
      20220907_155238.jpg
      441.5 KB · Views: 57
    • 20220907_155249.jpg
      20220907_155249.jpg
      506.4 KB · Views: 59
    • 20210604_070603.jpg
      20210604_070603.jpg
      304.2 KB · Views: 57
    • 20210306_104752.jpg
      20210306_104752.jpg
      113.7 KB · Views: 55
    Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    @python: How is the feel of the 97BD vs the 75BD?

I had 3 SP-01s, 2 P-01s, a PCR and a Compact for years,. but ended up thinning the herd some. Now I have 2 SP-01s, 1 75BD and a PCR.

The SP-01s are great shooters, very heavy and recoil recovery is FAST. I like the PCR for a carry gun and that's all I carried until I caught the P365/X fever.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have a p9 as a suppressor host and it’s great! I shot some dialing tree competition with it for a while and I did pretty well. And with my suppressor on it it tv quiet lol.

I have a shadow also but it hasn’t seen much action but it’s got a GREAT trigger and I need to shoot it some soon

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I have bee a CZ fan(atic) for many moons now, and I have always been interesting to hear what other CZs people are shooting(?). The shadows have surged in popularity seemingly due to the major discounts on them, but what are some other favorites? I started a Glock fan, went to Sig, and then was introduced to the CZ P10c... the rest is history lol
    I personally love my PCR, but I just pulled out my P01 Omega now that they are discontinued and it's just as great as it ever was.
    Wait, they discontinued the Omega?

Well, damn. Glad I got one.

Love CZ's.

Got CZ-52's, CZ-82's, and the PO1 Omega.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    @python: How is the feel of the 97BD vs the 75BD?

I had 3 SP-01s, 2 P-01s, a PCR and a Compact for years,. but ended up thinning the herd some. Now I have 2 SP-01s, 1 75BD and a PCR.

The SP-01s are great shooters, very heavy and recoil recovery is FAST. I like the PCR for a carry gun and that's all I carried until I caught the P365/X fever.
    Apples and oranges. The 97 is much larger and being 45acp has very different shooting characteristics from the 75.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I really like my SP01 as a range gun. I have shot thousands of rounds through my P01, it feels like an extension of my hand.

Last edited:

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I have only two CZ pistols which have made me a fan. Both have been improved by Cajun Gun Works. The 75BD Police is a terrific gun, but the 97BD is on a whole different level. It has their "E" conversion (now called the "Pro Package"), with the 1911 style bushing, LPA rear sight and S/S guide rod. It is one incredible shooter. I had fired some standard factory configuration guns, but never considered buying one. I actually traded into the 97 with another forum member, intending to sell it, but after some range time it became one of my favorites.
    Very jealous! I have my PCR finally getting cajunized. My P01 Omega is cajunized, and my P01 is just regular from factory. I have two P10c, one I am converting into a suppressor host and I just recently dropped off my P07 cajunized for consignment. I needed to thin the herd a bit

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    I really lije my SP01 as a range gun. I have shot thousands of rounds through my P01, it feels lije an extension of my hand.
    I definitely can relate to this. I picked up a Glock from a friend and tried to shoot it after shooting my trusty PCR and I could not do anything close to what I was hammering with the PCR. You know it's a great one when you can just pick it up and share lead downrange

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    Wait, they discontinued the Omega?

Well, damn. Glad I got one.

Love CZ's.

Got CZ-52's, CZ-82's, and the PO1 Omega.
    yeah! the P01 Omega is seemingly gone forever. My assumption is that they were not selling nearly as well as the standard P01. I picked up one and had it cajunized.. which was a mistake because now I have to cajunize all my other hammer fired CZs. lmao

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I love my little CZ rifles.
    Have yet to get any CZ handguns even though I was 20m from the CZ Custom Shop in Mesa, AZ for years.

Like 1911's, I am intentionally staying away. Big rabbit hole and those things multiply once you get one or two.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I love the CZ 75 variants. A steel frame with a matching steel slide makes shooting 9mm feel like 22lr.

I don’t know it it is the lack of perceived recoil or something else, but in my hands, the groupings with standard sights are tighter than any other gun I’ve used beside a pdp with a holosun optic.

I prefer the non decocker versions. Better trigger (out of the box)and you can still decock manually.

And while they are tools at the end of the day, they still look beautiful.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My favorite CZ is:

Any of the metal framed hammer fired ones that aren't .40.

As God intended.
    From your lips to God's ear.

Personally, I have a few CZs for the sake of the brand itself; the CZ82 was one of the first C&R guns I bought, the ergonomics moved that purchase. Picked up a CZ45, the DAO 25acp that Seecamp modeled theirs after.

But for social use, the P01 and Rami fill the bill. Metal, hammer, ergonomic delight -- what's not to love?

In that vein, it recently occurred to me that a threaded barrel for the P01 would be a welcome addition to a home defense setup, but there's little infor on suppressing these pistols. Pointers to sources and info would be very welcome, from those in the know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom