• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    That’s right over in Briggs Cheney they hit that lady’s store. Used to go to Chuckie cheese there.
    Most of the large retailers and retail stores left. That whole section of multi family homes along route 29 from University Blvd to Briggs Chaney is troublesome.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    What do you guys say about University Blvd? Is it safe area?
    University Blvd is pretty long. I think the end closer to Kensington is safer than the other end towards the border of PG County. There are some new reconstruction homes in the neighborhoods between Connecticut Ave and Viers Mill that are going for over $1M.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    On a related note, is there a site where one can retrieve reasonably accurate crime statistics by say ZIP code?
    MoCo releases a weekly crime report by beats. You’d just have to figure out the area and your beat but it’s pretty easy. They also list 99% of arrests on this website,

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    MoCo releases a weekly crime report by beats. You’d just have to figure out the area and your beat but it’s pretty easy. They also list 99% of arrests on this website,

Thank you. So this covers arrests but omits reports where there is no arrest. Would you consider this to be material?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thank you. So this covers arrests but omits reports where there is no arrest. Would you consider this to be material?
    The link i sent is just arrests. MoCo has that weekly crime summary that lists most reportable incidents. Robbery, burglary, etc. On the link below (weekly crime summary). They will also have a separate crime summary for theft from Autos because it is so frequent. The one below is segregated by “beats”. So 3D is down town silver spring on out. 4D is Wheaton area. 2D bethesda. 1D Rockville. 5/6 are further out and i don’t really know their boundaries.

Using both links you can get a relatively good idea on locations to avoid etc (Lost knife circle!!!)

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    The link i sent is just arrests. MoCo has that weekly crime summary that lists most reportable incidents. Robbery, burglary, etc. On the link below (weekly crime summary). They will also have a separate crime summary for theft from Autos because it is so frequent. The one below is segregated by “beats”. So 3D is down town silver spring on out. 4D is Wheaton area. 2D bethesda. 1D Rockville. 5/6 are further out and i don’t really know their boundaries.

Using both links you can get a relatively good idea on locations to avoid etc (Lost knife circle!!!)
    Many thanks. Maybe, just maybe this will be the straw that convinces wifey that MoCo gotta go.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Many thanks. Maybe, just maybe this will be the straw that convinces wifey that MoCo gotta go.
    While i hate the counties politics, i love my area. There are horse stables everywhere close by, we arent to densely packed, lots of long time businesses, the guys at 7-11 know everyone’s order. I can still buy bait at my 7-11.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    While i hate the counties politics, i love my area. There are horse stables everywhere close by, we arent to densely packed, lots of long time businesses, the guys at 7-11 know everyone’s order. I can still buy bait at my 7-11.
    I'm in the urban zone. 20904 to be specific. I have one move left in me and despite there being many nice places in MoCo, taxation with no representation truly sucks. Stay safe...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm in the urban zone. 20904 to be specific. I have one move left in me and despite there being many nice places in MoCo, taxation with no representation truly sucks. Stay safe...
    I was 20904. Lived in Doral. Just sold my townhouse there this year. Cloverly area now, but looking towards Olney, Brookeville. Just need these interest rates to drop a bit. I could stay where I’m at but my sons will have to share a room.

I currently have woods/creek behind my house and i refuse to buy a house without that since i have kids. So my search is narrow lol

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I am 20904. Calverton to be exact, right between the shit hole hole known as Briggs Chaney and the cesspit known as White Oak. My neighborhood is not too bad.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    On a related note, is there a site where one can retrieve reasonably accurate crime statistics by say ZIP code?
    There's no such thing as accurate crime statistics. Each department reports numbers but they get to decide the how numbers get counted. They go to MD State Police and annually to the FBI. Politically appointed police chiefs have motivation to get their numbers a certain way.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I remember listening on a scanner to the burglary / shooting of police at the W Bell catalog showroom that used to be near there about 1980. "The people in there are dead or not talking." Scary.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I was 20904. Lived in Doral. Just sold my townhouse there this year. Cloverly area now, but looking towards Olney, Brookeville. Just need these interest rates to drop a bit. I could stay where I’m at but my sons will have to share a room.

I currently have woods/creek behind my house and i refuse to buy a house without that since i have kids. So my search is narrow lol
    I back to Northwest Branch Park. My back property line is the park line so I get 100% the woods/Creek thing but I'm just one hill away from total sh!t. I neither go to the giant nearby nor the Costco in Wheaton. Cloverly Safeway, Maple Lawn Harris Teeter and Columbia Costco get my grocery $. Anyway, stay safe and maybe we can have a burger or pizza. I'll come your way :)
    I am 20904. Calverton to be exact, right between the shit hole hole known as Briggs Chaney and the cesspit known as White Oak. My neighborhood is not too bad.
    My neighborhood too is not bad but definitely shifting. It is a far cry from what it was 20yrs ago when I bought. Not trending in the right direction. With each change of hands, the new resident is, well, sh!ttier

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I back to Northwest Branch Park. My back property line is the park line so I get 100% the woods/Creek thing but I'm just one hill away from total sh!t. I neither go to the giant nearby nor the Costco in Wheaton. Cloverly Safeway, Maple Lawn Harris Teeter and Columbia Costco get my grocery $. Anyway, stay safe and maybe we can have a burger or pizza. I'll come your way :)

My neighborhood too is not bad but definitely shifting. It is a far cry from what it was 20yrs ago when I bought. Not trending in the right direction. With each change of hands, the new resident is, well, sh!ttier
    I am not sure which way my neighborhood is headed. Houses were built in the 60s/70s. When we moved here in 2009, it was still lots of original owners and old people. Many of those households have moved on in one way or another, and are being replaced with families, which is good I guess. I believe the neighborhood is in the middle or end of a generational turnover. 10 years ago it was pretty rare to see a family pushing a baby carriage, but now you see it a fair bit.

Lots more Christmas lights than you use to see.

I do wish I knew more of my neighbors. Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom