• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I am not sure which way my neighborhood is headed. Houses were built in the 60s/70s. When we moved here in 2009, it was still lots of original owners and old people. Many of those households have moved on in one way or another, and are being replaced with families, which is good I guess. I believe the neighborhood is in the middle or end of a generational turnover. 10 years ago it was pretty rare to see a family pushing a baby carriage, but now you see it a fair bit.

Lots more Christmas lights than you use to see.

I do wish I knew more of my neighbors. Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.
    Mine is the opposite, we’re all pretty close. We regularly have driveway beers, movie nights, and let our kids plan unattended outside. Our biggest fear is teenagers driving too fast. All the houses that have sold recently have sold to families that integrate pretty well into the neighborhood dynamic. I love it! It’s pretty diverse too. We all have one common neighbor or enemy too so it makes it fun. My one neighbor keeps awful hours due to his business so he’s always driving around at 2-3 am paying attention to anything funky.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    If HUD shut down section 8 there would be a massive migration out of Montgomery County, landlords would raise hell and lose the investment rentals and property values would drop dramatically.
    I am all for letting the free market find it's own equilibrium,, And not using tax dollars to further encourage piss poor behavior

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    So despite the difference in alleged crimes comitted, as compared to Andy, how soon do you think this guy is back on the streets? Some tongue in cheek there but also a serious question. Maryland, and MoCo in particular, are so backwards in thinking that I could see this guy having a better chance of seeing the street than Andy.
    There is some more stuff that will be coming down the pike for this murder suspect, I won't get into gruesome details right now. This guy will serve longer than Andy will.

That said, a regular hood murder will likely have a shorter sentence than Andy, for no reason other than the liberals of Montgomery County will 100% throw everything they have at Andy.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    If HUD shut down section 8 there would be a massive migration out of Montgomery County, landlords would raise hell and lose the investment rentals and property values would drop dramatically.
    Lots of people make a lot of money off of section 8. I know a guy, wouldn't call him a friend because he is a douche, but he is fairly high up at a property company who's entire portfolio is pretty much section 8 and subsidized housing for the elderly.

I consider him to basically be a mega slum lord. He doesn't give two shits about the people living there, and basically extorts the maximum amount of money out of the government while putting as little as possible into the properties.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    MoCo County Council member says "boo hoo stop talking bad about White Oak"

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Anyone got the perps name? I thought i saw somewhere that he was in custody?
    I do, but it's not being released yet. Suffice it to say, he has a criminal history full of nolle prosequi felonies that would have prohibited him if various prosecutors has done their jobs...

Apparently a press release is coming at 3.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I’m shocked that MoCo sent police to cover the call and not social workers.
    Social workers are like fire fighters... the won't come in until the cops make it safe!

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I do, but it's not being released yet. Suffice it to say, he has a criminal history full of nolle prosequi felonies that would have prohibited him if various prosecutors has done their jobs...

Apparently a press release is coming at 3.

Shocked, I am literally shocked!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The suspect got in a argument with the clerk. The suspect threw stuff at the clerk and the clerk grabbed a metal pole from behind the counter and swung it at the suspect. The suspect then shot the clerk and then reached over the counter to finish him off. He lives in the Enclave apartments and the police found a dead pregnant woman in the apartment. She was approximately 8 months pregnant. There was no robbery other than the ice tea the suspect didn't pay for.

Presser was on facebook

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom