• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    might have been trying to steal a motorcycle or ATV as well.
    seems kinda strange for someone breaking in a backyard shed to be armed. usually just druggies looking to steal and scoot.
    were the perps from Balto City by chance?

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I recall a sign on a shed on a property my Sister was moving into from the previous owner.

“Anyone found here in the evening will be found here in the morning” with a graphic indicative of a firearm.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    if homeowner wasn't near the shed and in fear of his life how would he not get thrown in jail?

"your honor I wasn't going to steal anything and had no weapons on me"...
    ^^THIS. May not be the feel good story some desire. I suspect that Md laws, like some other states do not allow lethal force solely to protect property

"The Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s Office will not be pursuing charges against the homeowner."

The key here was they pulled a gun on him. IMO If someone is on your property, you have every right to investigate what they are doing. They were an immediate threat to his life and he eliminated the threat(s). Charges should not even be considered.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    "The Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s Office will not be pursuing charges against the homeowner."

The key here was they pulled a gun on him. IMO If someone is on your property, you have every right to investigate what they are doing. They were an immediate threat to his life and he eliminated the threat(s). Charges should not even be considered.
    It is a feel good story after all, Happy Friday!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ^^THIS. May not be the feel good story some desire. I suspect that Md laws, like some other states do not allow lethal force solely to protect property

Hence the speculation around the news statement " and one of the burglars was armed " .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Yup. There is nothing in the law that says you have to be shot at before you defend yourself from a gun-wielding thug.

Signed: Capt. Obvious.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    IF the States Attorney is immediately saying that , there must be more details involved , not yet reported in the news .

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    It is to me. Music. Poor man won’t have to sit in jail and have his life ruined for defending himself.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Could be , and can be read as being implied . But that level of detail not made public yet .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom