• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    So I'm in danger of being banned because I made a joke ? Give me a break ! I don't know how my post could even remotely be construed as stirring the pot, or brash, or confrontational. It would appear you're still pretty worked up over something that was "settled" a long time ago.

Occasionally I can be as big a jackoff as anyone else but in this instance I don't believe I'm the one who needs to chill.

Yeah you better not stir the pot man... wtf

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So I'm in danger of being banned because I made a joke ? Give me a break ! I don't know how my post could even remotely be construed as stirring the pot, or brash, or confrontational. It would appear you're still pretty worked up over something that was "settled" a long time ago.

Occasionally I can be as big a jackoff as anyone else but in this instance I don't believe I'm the one who needs to chill.

SMH... :rolleyes:

I never said you were in danger of being banned, what I said was a piece of advice that you need to cool your jets. You already tangled with an IP and it seems as if you now have a chip on your shoulder. That's all. I know when things get heated, we tend to let our keyboard speak, instead of stepping back for a little bit to gain perspective. If you want to make a joke, there are emojis you can use to show your intent, because humor and sarcasm don't translate very well into written text.

Your assumption that I am still "worked up" over something that was "settled" a long time ago is blatantly false, if you had read the reply clandestine quoted me in. If anything, clandestine and I joke about the incident, because we can and looking back it was stupid on my part to say/do what I did. It is what created the friendship I have with him. The Miltec will always be something that he and I use as a joke, because that is all it is. A joke. The joke is between myself and a few other members, but they tease me about it and I tease them about other things.

The issue you think exists was never really an issue to begin with, except that I let my fingers speak, instead of my brain. I wasn't willing to listen to the logic or reason as to why clandestine said what he said. I was stubborn and DGAF about what anybody said. What I should have done back then is heed the advice I was given before I ran my mouth and pissed off most of the forum.

In this instance you are taking my post as a personal attack, when it is not. I can promise you one thing, if you read the post you quoted at some point tomorrow, it will appear to be different than how you are seeing it now. I'm doing my best to be the voice of reason and respond to you using peace, logic, and sharing something from my past on here, so you can see that we both did the same thing, but in different ways. Whether or not you can see it or not is not my problem, but at least I can have a clear conscience, knowing that I tried to help a fellow member that already had a rough day. Believe me, I've been in your shoes before.

My statement about being banned, was more of a warning to cool off and think before you type. Nothing more. I have received infractions in the past for not heeding that advice. I let my inner ******* out on here at times, but when I do, there is a valid reason for it and it is usually done in a humorous way that gets a laugh.

As for me being the one that needs to chill, your last statement in the quoted post says otherwise. It isn't me that has been upset due to events from today. I'm just sitting here chilling and having fun.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    SMH... :rolleyes:

I never said you were in danger of being banned, what I said was a piece of advice that you need to cool your jets. You already tangled with an IP and it seems as if you now have a chip on your shoulder. That's all. I know when things get heated, we tend to let our keyboard speak, instead of stepping back for a little bit to gain perspective. If you want to make a joke, there are emojis you can use to show your intent, because humor and sarcasm don't translate very well into written text.

Your assumption that I am still "worked up" over something that was "settled" a long time ago is blatantly false, if you had read the reply clandestine quoted me in. If anything, clandestine and I joke about the incident, because we can and looking back it was stupid on my part to say/do what I did. It is what created the friendship I have with him. The Miltec will always be something that he and I use as a joke, because that is all it is. A joke. The joke is between myself and a few other members, but they tease me about it and I tease them about other things.

The issue you think exists was never really an issue to begin with, except that I let my fingers speak, instead of my brain. I wasn't willing to listen to the logic or reason as to why clandestine said what he said. I was stubborn and DGAF about what anybody said. What I should have done back then is heed the advice I was given before I ran my mouth and pissed off most of the forum.

In this instance you are taking my post as a personal attack, when it is not. I can promise you one thing, if you read the post you quoted at some point tomorrow, it will appear to be different than how you are seeing it now. I'm doing my best to be the voice of reason and respond to you using peace, logic, and sharing something from my past on here, so you can see that we both did the same thing, but in different ways. Whether or not you can see it or not is not my problem, but at least I can have a clear conscience, knowing that I tried to help a fellow member that already had a rough day. Believe me, I've been in your shoes before.

My statement about being banned, was more of a warning to cool off and think before you type. Nothing more. I have received infractions in the past for not heeding that advice. I let my inner ******* out on here at times, but when I do, there is a valid reason for it and it is usually done in a humorous way that gets a laugh.

As for me being the one that needs to chill, your last statement in the quoted post says otherwise. It isn't me that has been upset due to events from today. I'm just sitting here chilling and having fun.

I'll just say two things and leave it at that......
    #1 Starting with your reaction to my initial post you're jumping to a lot of erroneous conclusions and making some BIG assumptions about me (like who had a rough day ? Certainly not me). The only reason I suggested you're still worked up is because you jumped all over me for a very innocuous statement. I have looked at what I wrote and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

#2 Much of what you said is good, sound, general advice. I would suggest you heed your own advice.

Okay, I fibbed, 3 things - The only thing that has me "upset" in the slightest way is your attitude towards me. And I'm not upset in any way, I'm just COMPLETELY BAFFLED. I can't for the life of me figure how my comment could possibly upset someone in the slightest.

Peace Brother

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'll just say two things and leave it at that......
    #1 Starting with your reaction to my initial post you're jumping to a lot of erroneous conclusions and making some BIG assumptions about me (like who had a rough day ? Certainly not me). The only reason I suggested you're still worked up is because you jumped all over me for a very innocuous statement. I have looked at what I wrote and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

#2 Much of what you said is good, sound, general advice. I would suggest you heed your own advice.

Okay, I fibbed, 3 things - The only thing that has me "upset" in the slightest way is your attitude towards me. And I'm not upset in any way, I'm just COMPLETELY BAFFLED. I can't for the life of me figure how my comment could possibly upset someone in the slightest.

Peace Brother

Ok. Keep projecting.

You had a bad time tangling with an IP.

You went passive aggressive by quoting something between clandestine and I. Technically how you did that was intended to stir the pot or cause issues. I'm not blind, nor am I the only one that could see that, give your recent antics.

It seems as if there is a disconnect on your part about who is upset. I never said I was upset, nor was I. I'm not even upset as I'm typing this post.

I've been tactful and diplomatic about things, but that is over.

Grow up, get a grip, and back off. If you have a problem then suck it up buttercup. This is the internet, in order to survive you have to have a thick skin. You were called out for your comment and as far as I can see, I've let it slide far enough. The problem is not on me, it is on you. Deal with your issues and hangups, because if you don't, you'll frag out on this forum in a spectacular way.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Ok. Keep projecting.

You went passive aggressive by quoting something between clandestine and I. Technically how you did that was intended to stir the pot or cause issues. I'm not blind, nor am I the only one that could see that, give your recent antics.

It seems as if there is a disconnect on your part about who is upset. I never said I was upset, nor was I. I'm not even upset as I'm typing this post.

Grow up, get a grip, and back off. If you have a problem then suck it up buttercup. This is the internet, in order to survive you have to have a thick skin. You were called out for your comment and as far as I can see, I've let it slide far enough. The problem is not on me, it is on you. Deal with your issues and hangups, because if you don't, you'll frag out on this forum in a spectacular way.

WOW

You got your nose all out of joint over something non existent

Last edited:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Ok. Keep projecting.

I like you and all but you need to spend less time lecturing people on internet etiquette and more time on something productive. You act as if people really care what you think when you start these monologues. I've got unfortunate news for you. They don't.

If the mods have an issue they will deal with them. You usually provide good gun related advice. Just stick to that.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I like you and all but you need to spend less time lecturing people on internet etiquette and more time on something productive. You act as if people really care what you think when you start these monologues. I've got unfortunate news for you. They don't.

If the mods have an issue they will deal with them. You usually provide good gun related advice. Just stick to that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Guys get your facts straight, FireClean was found to be the same thing as CANOLA oil, not generic vegetable oil.

BIG different.

:lol2:

And let's see, OP tested 10 times for a total of 1860 rounds. I tested Chad's Mobil 1 method with over a thousand rounds in 3 days, without ANY cleaning or relubing.

$8 per quart, versus $16 per 3.2 ounces.

Win to Mobil 1.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Been following this and have yet to see anyone even mention Hoppe's gun oil. It's the only thing I've ever used but not one single mention of it makes me think maybe I should switch to something like Mobil 1 synthetic for all my guns ?

Attachments

• Hoppes.jpg
      Hoppes.jpg
      19.1 KB · Views: 203

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Been following this and have yet to see anyone even mention Hoppe's gun oil. It's the only thing I've ever used but not one single mention of it makes me think maybe I should switch to something like Mobil 1 synthetic for all my guns ?

Try Mobil 1 Synthetic on one gun and see what it does and if you notice a difference. I've noticed differences in the way my firearms run, when Mobil 1 is applied versus another brand of firearm specialty lube. I also like to save money, so I can buy more reloading components. :D

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

The reality is that guns are very tolerant to different kinds of lubricants. CLP, Remoil, Hoppes Gunoil, Mobil1, generic 10W30 from Walmart all work for someone. That's why these 'look at what superfragilicous astro-lube I bought for my gun and it is the best thing since sliced bread' threads tend to get their share of snide comments.

There are ways to actually test the performance of lubricants in a specific gun. They are expensive and in most cases require destruction of the test object. So after spending $250,000 on a destructive test, you'll probably find that the only difference is between:
    - completely dry
    - lubricated with ANY of the tested products.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The reality is that guns are very tolerant to different kinds of lubricants. CLP, Remoil, Hoppes Gunoil, Mobil1, generic 10W30 from Walmart all work for someone. That's why these 'look at what superfragilicous astro-lube I bought for my gun and it is the best thing since sliced bread' threads tend to get their share of snide comments.

There are ways to actually test the performance of lubricants in a specific gun. They are expensive and in most cases require destruction of the test object. So after spending $250,000 on a destructive test, you'll probably find that the only difference is between:
    - completely dry
    - lubricated with ANY of the tested products.

And price per bottle. I said earlier in the thread I am sure there are lubes better than Mobil 1 but issues is if they are only 10% better are they worth the 200+% price difference. If you look most lubes come in what 100ML bottles for $6-9 per 100 ML, Mobil 1 quart is what $7-8 that is almost 10 times more per bottle, than some other "gun" specific lube that most likely uses the same basic synth oil as the main lubing agent.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    How much lube are people using that they have to worry about price?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

:lol2:

I think my 8oz bottle is circa 1996, it is getting low.

If you have a Glock, gotta use that copper grease.. :outta her

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom