• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    C'mon man, this thread isn't the least bit ridiculous to you?

There was context to that comment, so I don't know that the emoji was absolutely needed. But I'll be sure to use it next time.

And if people are operating under the assumption that I'm a moron, telling me or anyone to use rocksett is reckless.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk
    Dude, bro, chief, cool guy, boss....everyone is a moron until people get to know you.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just throw the rifle in the bathtub full of hot water if you use rocksett for lube and let it sit for a few hours.

Hush you, I'm working on getting cheap guns I can fix overnight...

Dissolving rocksett is a hell of a lot easier than cleaning out cosmoline.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    C'mon man, this thread isn't the least bit ridiculous to you?

There was context to that comment, so I don't know that the emoji was absolutely needed. But I'll be sure to use it next time.

And if people are operating under the assumption that I'm a moron, telling me or anyone to use rocksett is reckless.

So you started this thread to troll the membership again?

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    The guys here telling you that Mobil 1 is just as effective, HAVE been using that method for YEARS now. Suppressed, unsuppressed, low and high round counts.

I use to be the biggest supporter of SLIP2000 EWL, until I actually tried the Mobil 1 method. I haven't bought gun lube since. As I have enough Mobil 1 available to last me the next 5 lifetimes.
    That's fine. I have used it too, it works great! I hear them loud and clear.

I like this lube better and people don't seem to be handling it well. I've been trying to stay away from controversy, and people who haven't tried the lube decided to take a steamy deuce in my thread because?

I'm actually trying to stick to the forum rules here and provide info to people in a courteous manner. I expressed an opinion about the quality of this lube and used sarcasm and people are losing it.

What good is a forum if this nonsense happens?

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    That's right. Why should I trust some dude on the internet? That's not an issue.
    You're a dude on the internet, which is why I don't care if you use the lube. But if you take personal issue with me, take it to the PM's.

Derailing my thread isnt the answer.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's fine. I have used it too, it works great! I hear them loud and clear.

I like this lube better and people don't seem to be handling it well. I've been trying to stay away from controversy, and people who haven't tried the lube decided to take a steamy deuce in my thread because?

I'm actually trying to stick to the forum rules here and provide info to people in a courteous manner. I expressed an opinion about the quality of this lube and used sarcasm and people are losing it.

What good is a forum if this nonsense happens?

You said you liked ruffling feathers or the like in your introduction thread.

We are taking you for your word.

The membership pointing out the obvious is far from "loosing it".

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Just because you tested it a few times, doesn't mean it is better than Mobil 1. You perceive it to be better, when the MSDS says it is the same thing as Mobil 1.

I'm sorry, but when it comes to lube testing, I'll trust a gunsmith over anybody else. Especially if he has tested damn near every single lube he can get his hands on. His tests aren't just a few applications, he tests it for a longer period of time than a handful of applications.
    The lube was developed by gunsmiths. So there's that.

I tested it exactly 10 times over the course of 2 months for a total of 1,860 rounds of various brands of 5.56 and. 223. In an AR.

125 rounds of silver tip 7.62x54R out of a Mosin

400~ rounds out of 2 9mm pistols.

Etc etc.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Does anyone else see the possible joke of this lube being developed by a Gunshop/Gunsmith/Training enterprise from Kentucky (KY)?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You're a dude on the internet, which is why I don't care if you use the lube. But if you take personal issue with me, take it to the PM's.

Derailing my thread isnt the answer.

Chill. Step away from the keyboard for your own sanity. It seems as if your skin is a bit thinner than it should be.

Derailing your thread? You just opened yourself up by saying that. I'll give you a heads up. It is ok for you to derail others threads, but they can't do it to yours? One word: Hypocrisy.

Suck it up and carry on. That was the hardest lesson I had to learn with this place. Hell, back in the day I didn't like clandestine and I knew he didn't like me. But we were adults about it, till we set aside our differences (which was a major issue, due to stupidity on my part) and have been friends since then. But the difference between you and I, is that I learned my lesson. Those members from back then that I pissed off, I am honored to be able to say they are friends of mine. Some of them have even commented in this thread.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    So you started this thread to troll the membership again?
    How do you get that from this thread? Like I said, honest intentions. I have never trolled once on this forum at all. Disagreeing is not trolling. That mindset silences free speech and dissent.

I started this thread to actually see if anyone had used this lube. Seriously. I was trying to take your advice and walk the straight and narrow and it devolved into this. Do you seriously think that's what I intended?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If they submit it to the Gov. and it manages to pass the testing get assigned a NSN (National/Nato Stock Number), then it may be worth considering.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The lube was developed by gunsmiths. So there's that.

I tested it exactly 10 times over the course of 2 months for a total of 1,860 rounds of various brands of 5.56 and. 223. In an AR.

125 rounds of silver tip 7.62x54R out of a Mosin

400~ rounds out of 2 9mm pistols.

Etc etc.

So your argument is to trust you and the people that made the lube, or trust somebody that I personally know and trust? Yea, you lose every day, sorry.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    How do you get that from this thread? Like I said, honest intentions. I have never trolled once on this forum at all. Disagreeing is not trolling. That mindset silences free speech and dissent.

I started this thread to actually see if anyone had used this lube. Seriously. I was trying to take your advice and walk the straight and narrow and it devolved into this. Do you seriously think that's what I intended?

This start was one thing, but when MSDS came up, you should have thrown in the towel. With this place, you need to learn when to hold them and when to fold. That takes time. But none of us know how much time we have on this forum, so keep that in mind.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    You said you liked ruffling feathers or the like in your introduction thread.

We are taking you for your word.

The membership pointing out the obvious is far from "loosing it".
    I said I had already managed to ruffle feathers. Not that I enjoy it or do it deliberately to mess with you guys. I do not. You are a cumulative wealth of knowledge. The members of this forum are an asset. Today was me trying to avoid that controversy.

A lot of good it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom