• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Poor gal has MS. Some say Married with Children was too raunchy and rude, but it is one of my favorite sitcoms. The eye candy of Christina/Kelly sure didn't hurt it, but Al, a football legend, was a god among shoe salesmen.

And while I think the gal who played Marcie was cute before she went all butch, one of my favorite lines when Al was expecting pizza delivery, but it was Marie at the door, "well, it's flat and it's cheesy, but it aint no pizza." I don't know why, but that still is in my head.

I now return you to the thread about Richard Cranium.
    Married with children wasnt bad. Unlike W.A.P. song or others like it

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Since we cannot use the military to enforce civilian law (under the Posse Comitatus Act), once could easily argue that law enforcement agencies should not be armed in the same way the military is. There is NO such restriction on private citizens. So, by my calculations, if you are going the limit military style arms, the only people you can reasonably apply those limitations to are non-military law enforcement officers. And with no disrespect intended to the LEOs here, yes, I would be fine with limiting peace officers to revolvers and pump shotguns.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I have a good friend that is MPD, at least for another year until he retires. He made the comment that no one but police need a magazine with more than 10 rounds, back when DC started issuing carry permits. I told him he could eat a bag of dicks, and asked what incite he had as to why? His comment was, that he, and others didn't want to have to deal with anyone that carried the same or more, number of rounds as they did. I repeated that he could eat a bag of dicks. We are still friends, we still hang out and even go to the range, but his outlook on "civilian" firearms ownership hasn't changed.
    brilliant on your part. and this does confirm my brother's things to me.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    His comment was, that he, and others didn't want to have to deal with anyone that carried the same or more, number of rounds as they did. I repeated that he could eat a bag of dicks.
    He's probably had a lot of shootouts with permit holders and would obviously be dead now had they had 12rd mags.

Obviously...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Since we cannot use the military to enforce civilian law (under the Posse Comitatus Act), once could easily argue that law enforcement agencies should not be armed in the same way the military is. There is NO such restriction on private citizens. So, by my calculations, if you are going the limit military style arms, the only people you can reasonably apply those limitations to are non-military law enforcement officers. And with no disrespect intended to the LEOs here, yes, I would be fine with limiting peace officers to revolvers and pump shotguns.
    exactly. And SWAT has basically lost their purview. They are not supposed to be doing 90% of what they are called to do now.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    I have stated in the past most DC cops are ahole anti 2A morons. One of my younger brothers is a DC FF Captain and he told me as such. Guns for me not for thee. He said most FF, whether black or white or whatever tend to be a lot more pro 2A.
    A few years ago when MPD was the FFL and I was registering 2 handguns, the officer I was dealing with (who said he was a ranger, had been in Mogadishu, DS1, then ATF, then MPD) said to me "civilians shouldn't have guns."

Last time I was down there with a family member doing our ccw forms some retired MPD officer who was up from SC made some really nasty remark to my family member about civilian ccw.

Many years ago MPD was really great to me in a very difficult incident but lately all my interactions with them in regards to 2A have been underwhelming.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Not defending this asshat at all, and not addressing the 2A but those of us ‘into guns’ are not much different than those that love tools.

If you love tools and know all the brands and differences, specs and whatnot, you assume any mechanic or tradesman you run into loves them to. Some do but a lot couldn’t care less as long as it gets them through their workday.

Only licensed tradesmen should have the best and coolest tools. TQL for the next legislative session.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    If he ever did “train the military” and figured out the switch hit the third position it is probably why he quit the force due to the PTSD it caused him.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It seems to me that many of these anti-2A police conflate the vast number of law-abiding "civilians" with the feral grunge that they have to interact with on the job.

The "Us versus Them" thing that has been such a boon to our political scene has been playing out a lot longer in the ranks of the police, or so it seems. Certainly that's been the stance taken by the Brass in the Dem-controlled areas of the country, at the local and state level, and regularly pushed nationally.

It would be comforting to have this attitude slapped down vigorously in the course of the 2A makeover from the Bruen decision. It's become exceedingly tiresome to hear of the police viewing the citizenry as the enemy.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    exactly. And SWAT has basically lost their purview. They are not supposed to be doing 90% of what they are called to do now.
    Not me taking a jab at you, and I won’t address the comments about Mike but can you give any insight into what MPD ERT does that it shouldn’t be doing?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    This is nothing new. I know a few veterans who have a few pretty nasty tours under their belt that also feel that American citizens should not own "weapons of war". I respect their service but still think they are idiots.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    It seems to me that many of these anti-2A police conflate the vast number of law-abiding "civilians" with the feral grunge that they have to interact with on the job.

The "Us versus Them" thing that has been such a boon to our political scene has been playing out a lot longer in the ranks of the police, or so it seems. Certainly that's been the stance taken by the Brass in the Dem-controlled areas of the country, at the local and state level, and regularly pushed nationally.

It would be comforting to have this attitude slapped down vigorously in the course of the 2A makeover from the Bruen decision. It's become exceedingly tiresome to hear of the police viewing the citizenry as the enemy.
    I’m sure there are some but for the most part I think they feel they are your better. They can be trusted with a gun, but not you plebe. After all, as Orwell said, some animals are more equal than others. These are the same people that vote for totalitarian regimes because they know better than you how to run your life on any topic. Money, health care, educating your kids, etc.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    A few years ago when MPD was the FFL and I was registering 2 handguns, the officer I was dealing with (who said he was a ranger, had been in Mogadishu, DS1, then ATF, then MPD) said to me "civilians shouldn't have guns."

Last time I was down there with a family member doing our ccw forms some retired MPD officer who was up from SC made some really nasty remark to my family member about civilian ccw.

Many years ago MPD was really great to me in a very difficult incident but lately all my interactions with them in regards to 2A have been underwhelming.
    rediculous

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Not me taking a jab at you, and I won’t address the comments about Mike but can you give any insight into what MPD ERT does that it shouldn’t be doing?
    no worries. I watched an episode of Adam Ruins Everything..

Adam Ruins Everything - Our Overuse of SWAT Teams Makes Us Less Safe

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Adam Ruins Everything - Our Overuse of SWAT Teams Makes Us Less Safe​

Respectfully, I asked specifically in regards to DC’s ERT.

For arguments sake I already know you have no idea how MPD’s ERT is utilized or what things they conduct. And that’s not me crapping on you it’s me reeling in your blanket statement.

I’d go out on a limb and say MPD’s ERT is the most restricted unit in the country as far as deployment and besides it’s recent public Benny hill episode posted to twitter/instagram they have a long history of professionalism and avoiding news worthy snafus. We can also thank them for ending the navy yard incident.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Adam Ruins Everything - Our Overuse of SWAT Teams Makes Us Less Safe​

Where can I get one of them red-white and blue plate carriers?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I am still stuck at comments about Mike? Mike who? My younger brother Mike is a DC FF Captain. Not the Mike here. I was referencing SWAT. not shitty MPD ERT.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I am still stuck at comments about Mike? Mike who? My younger brother Mike is a DC FF Captain. Not the Mike here. I was referencing SWAT. not shitty MPD ERT.
    Lol the thread is about Mike Fanone. ERT is the “SWAT” team for the District of Columbia

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

I am not jabbing you specifically but,

I would expect some transparency from the MPD to tell us exactly what MPD ERT does and how it benefits the citizens and residents of the nations capitol. We, all of the USA, pay for DC's government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom