• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Anyone ever work with this a$$hole?

Michael Fanone

Brief summary: "I was a cop so I know things. AR-15's bad, Mmm-Kayyy? I know because I own one. No, I won't get rid of mine even though I'm not a cop anymore, but all others should be banned. Weapon of war!!"

And then he drops this gem:

The prevalence of these weapons means police sometimes are overmatched, as we saw with the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, last month. In a situation where you have small children near the shooter, you want to remove the threat as quickly as possible.

But we all saw the tragic consequences at that elementary school, where police waited for more than an hour before engaging with the teenage gunman armed with an AR-15 who killed 19 young children and two teachers.

I have no doubt that police in Uvalde wish they had had weapons as powerful as the one carried by the shooter who snuffed out the lives of the victims in that school. But a far better outcome would have been if the shooter didn’t have an AR-15 in the first place.
    Uhm, did he not watch the videos from the school? They had every bit the firepower that kid had, and more of it. But he paints the illusion that they were outgunned so he has something to point to when he declares that all AR-15's should be banned, including ones already owned. But he won't lead by example and turn his in.

This guy is a huge douche and with our breadth of viewers here, I'm sure someone worked with him, unless of course he's lying about his credentials which is entirely possible.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Good for me, but not for thee.

Once private ownership of firearms is banned, LEOSA goes next.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Two things:

Isn't wall penetration worse with a 9mm or am I mistaken on that?

Also, when he's talking about it being difficult for an officer armed with a 9mm handgun to hit a target beyond 50 yards, is he claiming that while being shot at that officers are regularly able to hit a human-sized target at 50 yards? If so, that's really something else....

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    to be fair: using a police officer as a basis for constitutional law is like using an only fans star as the basis for a medical obgyn diagnosis.

they are both familiar with the subject matter, but their area of expertise is more end user than identifying areas of concern. And all of their experiences are pretty niche.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Two things:

Isn't wall penetration worse with a 9mm or am I mistaken on that?

Also, when he's talking about it being difficult for an officer armed with a 9mm handgun to hit a target beyond 50 yards, is he claiming that while being shot at that officers are regularly able to hit a human-sized target at 50 yards? If so, that's really something else....

yes, you are mistaken on that. 5.56 has way more wall penetration than 9mm. go to the youtube channel "the box of truth" for more

hitting a target at 50yards with any handgun is a challenge. Hitting a target with a rifle or carbine at 50 yards is relatively easy. It isn't the caliber that matters, it's the weapon system.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This piece of crap never should have been a cop.
    Saying ARs are bad for home defense…..GTFO.
    He has no idea what he is talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    yes, you are mistaken on that. 5.56 has way more wall penetration than 9mm. go to the youtube channel "the box of truth" for more

hitting a target at 50yards with any handgun is a challenge. Hitting a target with a rifle or carbine at 50 yards is relatively easy. It isn't the caliber that matters, it's the weapon system.
    Thank you. I should have clarified that I was referring to .223, but I'll take a look at this.

I was questioning his statement about the 50 yard mark: Can most officers hit a person-sized target at 50 yards with a 9mm handgun while under fire?

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    "as we saw with the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, last month. In a situation where you have small children near the shooter, you want to remove the threat as quickly as possible"

How many officers stood in the hallway (19 I think it was) with 10 pounds of sh** hanging off their rifles (AR/M-16's) and did nothing, while they listened to him kill all those kids because an "incident commander" told them to stand by ? I'm curious to hear his comments on that cluster. Law enforcement had the means to kill this guy - and they stood in the hallway and listened......

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.

Ah, so now we need to justify our rights.

I'm hoping he inquires as to the sexual orientation, marital status, religious preferences, and voting records for each customer. Then refuses or allows a sale based on what he considers a "legitimate justification" for such.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Isn’t this the same twat that was grandstanding before the fraudulent J6 commission, lying his ass off for Pelosi and the Dems, etc.? I’ll bet if you investigated him closely enough you would find he was a crooked POS as a cop.

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    "I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon."

No one made this ass clown the determinier of what constitutes a legitimate justification. What's his justification...same as mine then.

Last edited:

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    "I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon."

No one made this ass clown the determinier of what constitutes a legitimate justification. What's his justification...same as mine then.
    I guess those he “pressed” didn’t want to give him the obvious answer. For shooting tyrannical pricks like him if it comes to that.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Never worked with this clown. Know some MPD who did. They weren't fans of him before he became a CNN consultant, can't stand him now...

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    to be fair: using a police officer as a basis for constitutional law is like using an only fans star as the basis for a medical obgyn diagnosis.

they are both familiar with the subject matter, but their area of expertise is more end user than identifying areas of concern. And all of their experiences are pretty niche.
    Absolutely classic

spot on

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom