• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I am not jabbing you specifically but,

I would expect some transparency from the MPD to tell us exactly what MPD ERT does and how it benefits the citizens and residents of the nations capitol. We, all of the USA, pay for DC's government.
    I’m sure if you asked the right people you’d get a solid answer. I am not the right people. MPD is generally pretty transparent especially in regards to use of force.

The departments ENTIRE operational manual of rules and procedures that must be followed by cops are publicly available online. And I do mean entire!

Also it’s the nations capital. An overly trained narrowly tailored strike force ready to roll on a moments notice really just seems like a no brainer. We are the epicenter of mass protest. You don’t think someone of opposing views hasn’t thought “let me mass shoot the large gathering of opposing views”. Frankly I’m surprised and grateful it hasn’t happened yet. That’s on top of the normal day to day crazy of the world.

Last edited:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    This is nothing new. I know a few veterans who have a few pretty nasty tours under their belt that also feel that American citizens should not own "weapons of war". I respect their service but still think they are idiots.

Thank God, the founding fathers and the first Congress because they knew that government is evil and that the citizens and residents should be able to protect themselves from the government.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    This is nothing new. I know a few veterans who have a few pretty nasty tours under their belt that also feel that American citizens should not own "weapons of war". I respect their service but still think they are idiots.
    Unfortunately-- the respect for and teaching of the Constitution and its inherent meanings are not taught to our recruits. I find this incredible (bordering on dereliction of duty) since before they put on a uniform they take a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution -- and only the Constitution. In my 42 years of military and DoD civilian service I had one LTC Battalion Commander who held mandatory training sessions on the Constitution. They were great sessions full of vigorous and meaningful discussions--

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I’m sure if you asked the right people you’d get a solid answer. I am not the right people. MPD is generally pretty transparent especially in regards to use of force.

The departments ENTIRE operational manual of rules and procedures that must be followed by cops are publicly available online. And I do mean entire!

Also it’s the nations capital. An overly trained narrowly tailored strike force ready to roll on a moments notice really just seems like a no brainer. We are the epicenter of mass protest. You don’t think someone of opposing views hasn’t thought “let me mass shoot the large gathering of opposing views”. Frankly I’m surprised and grateful it hasn’t happened yet. That’s on top of the normal day to day crazy of the world.

Next time Antifa shows up and starts protesting the IMF, World Bank or any other issue pleases use live rounds to quell the uprising and jail all of them and hold them in the DC jails for a couple of years before having trials.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Next time Antifa shows up and starts protesting the IMF, World Bank or any other issue pleases use live rounds to quell the uprising and jail all of them and hold them in the DC jails for a couple of years before having trials.
    Lol sir I’m the low man on the totem pole and thankfully my work schedule/hours/mission generally keep me out of riot deployments.

Had to do my first one at trump towers a few years ago and caught a chic fil a cup filled with piss to the shoulder.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Also it’s the nations capital. An overly trained narrowly tailored strike force ready to roll on a moments notice really just seems like a no brainer. We are the epicenter of mass protest. You don’t think someone of opposing views hasn’t thought “let me mass shoot the large gathering of opposing views”. Frankly I’m surprised and grateful it hasn’t happened yet.
    Agreed. But when it does happen no doubt it will have been orchestrated by the FBI.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Unfortunately-- the respect for and teaching of the Constitution and its inherent meanings are not taught to our recruits. I find this incredible (bordering on dereliction of duty) since before they put on a uniform they take a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution -- and only the Constitution. In my 42 years of military and DoD civilian service I had one LTC Battalion Commander who held mandatory training sessions on the Constitution. They were great sessions full of vigorous and meaningful discussions--
    A fish rots from the head down...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Lol the thread is about Mike Fanone. ERT is the “SWAT” team for the District of Columbia
    meh I was just stating what I saw about SWAT and figured tactical teams in general. When regular Police Dept start to get leftover military hardware, it sort of frightened me... just a little.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    can you give any insight into what MPD ERT does that it shouldn’t be doing?
    In the current era, anything related to police work is something that they shouldn't be doing. Sit back, take a report when its over and call for Fireboard to do a washdown. That is what they want from us, give them what they want.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In the current era, anything related to police work is something that they shouldn't be doing. Sit back, take a report when its over and call for Fireboard to do a washdown. That is what they want from us, give them what they want.
    Lol spoken like a guy with 20+ who’s BTDT

dickyvee

Dec 3, 2019
    MoCo Md
    He’s also an author. Fanone missed his calling, should have been an attorney like Avonatti. He’ll do anything to keep his 15 minutes of fame going. I’m sure he was probably the greatest cop, he ever met. God he’s awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpeg
      IMG_2078.jpeg
      108.1 KB · Views: 37
    Feb 28, 2013
    exactly. And SWAT has basically lost their purview. They are not supposed to be doing 90% of what they are called to do now.
    But how else would you send the message to the “civilian” peons what happens when you speak out the gooberment?

As for this elitist POS Fannone or whatever, I seem to recall a certain federal law that was in effect at the time of that 1997 shooting. Fat lot of good that did to stop it, didnt it? That mummy Diane Frankenfeinstein should be awful damn proud of herself

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    But how else would you send the message to the “civilian” peons what happens when you speak out the gooberment?

As for this elitist POS Fannone or whatever, I seem to recall a certain federal law that was in effect at the time of that 1997 shooting. Fat lot of good that did to stop it, didnt it? That mummy Diane Frankenfeinstein should be awful damn proud of herself
    true

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom