• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    EOTech was intentional. The sights don't perform over the specified temperature and humidity ranges (excessive drift), EOTech knew it, falsified QC test reports, and kept right on selling. The fraud was proven with info from EOTech's engineers.

wow, so a few dollars and they are out of trouble? Doesn't seem right.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    SU-231 PEQ is just the mil-tested version of model 553. Not only is it covered by the refund program, it's directly related to the lawsuit since the qualification testing paperwork for it was probably falsified.
    From what I remember reading the AR15.com threads regarding this, it seems like L3 Eotech has been requesting receipts for proof of purchase with the SU-231s before approving the refund.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    From what I remember reading the AR15.com threads regarding this, it seems like L3 Eotech has been requesting receipts for proof of purchase with the SU-231s before approving the refund.

Receipt from ? Will receipt from law-guns be enough?

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I just hope I don't end up with the worst of all worlds. I was unhappy about having the sight given the zero shift. So, I sent mine back for the refund.

I just hope they don't go belly-up and I don't get a refund while they do have my sight.

I would be unhappy to still have the sight; I'll be pissed if I end up with no sight and no refund!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I just hope I don't end up with the worst of all worlds. I was unhappy about having the sight given the zero shift. So, I sent mine back for the refund.

I just hope they don't go belly-up and I don't get a refund while they do have my sight.

I would be unhappy to still have the sight; I'll be pissed if I end up with no sight and no refund!

L3 is into many things. I would only get worried if they move EOTech to subsidiary and changed the name.

http://www.l-3com.com/divisions-a-z

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I just tried to send the return authorization request and keep getting a message saying that the email was unable to send and if problem persists to contact the site administrator.

I'm presuming that you mean through their website.

You can email them directly at this address:

support.eotech@l-3com.com

This is the email that they asked me to reply to ...

Subject line:
    Return Authorization Request: *enter your full name*

Email body:
    Dear Customer,
    Your original submission was incomplete, we will need all of your information in this format below.
    Please complete the information below and submit it back to this email in a reply. Your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted by email on how to proceed with returning your HWS for a refund.
    (Note: only HWS product will be considered, magnifiers are not eligible for a refund.)

Refund Request
    Name (Payee): ___________
    Mailing address: ___________
    City: ___________
    State: ___________
    Zip: ___________
    Email: ___________
    Phone: ___________

Total refund amount requested: ___________ (the price you purchased the product for)
    Receipts Yes or No: ___________

Sight information: list below
    Model number ___________
    Serial number ___________
    Date of Mfg ___________
    Price Paid ___________

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Well this answers my question on my magnifier. Seems it will be worthless w/o an Eotch site?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    can someone inform me of the appeal of the EOTech?

I mean, I'm straight noobing when it comes to military quality optics (which EOTech isn't... but it is priced as it is) but why do people love the EOTech over an Aimpoint or what not? I get its not a red dot its a "holo" sight... but its a dot in the middle of a 65MOA ring with notches at N E S W.

does it pick up that much better of a sight picture than a red dot?

info: currently i'm using a bushnell micro red dot while I am working on convincing the wife than an Aimpoint is a necessary purchase I've never used an EoTech or an aimpoint, all I know about the EoTech is it has a larger field of view through the sight.

For me with my old eyes the reticle is much easier to pick up. Looked at an Aimpoint and every time I moved my eyes off the scope I lost the dot. Had to close one eye and search around to pick it up again. No such problem with the Eotech. Having said this, it's a battery hog and it's going back for a refund.

Hopefully this applies to the RF models also as I bought one of those too.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I finally got the approval to send back all 3 of my eotech 512's.They approved $459 for each and $15 shipping.
    How long did it take? Did you put in the request via email (re your question upthread)?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mikemike328

Aug 26, 2013
    Baltimore
    I was on ar15.com last week seems that nobody has received their refund yet, I am guessing it going to be a long process and may take months to get your money. not sure if I want to be with out for that long

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    EOTech has my HWS. No refund yet but it's been less than two weeks. For now, I'm not concerned. I'll give it four weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom