• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Botach Tactical has a sale right now for a Trijicon MRO with a ADM QD mount and a free Kershaw Blur for $493 delivered. That's a good deal.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I have 5-6 also and after reading this thread I'm going to send them back. I'm loving the Sig Romeo 4B and will probably grab more after I get a refund.
    I thought I only had 2 EOTechs but found 4 more tonight in a safe.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    So I sent in 6 XPS2's on 4/8. I was approved for 3 @ $450ea and 3 @ $404ea totaling $2562 plus their $15 for me to ship them back.

I finally got my check in today for $1544 and a receipt acknowledging all 6 sights with their serial numbers. So after 2 phone calls with customer service they said they'll look into it and give me a call in a few days. Aholes....

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    I got my check today. However, I can't decide on Aimpoint PRO or Trijicon MRO. MRO seems to be the popular recommendation lately.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I submitted my refund request 2 months ago and have still heard nothing from them despite a few emails requesting them to respond.

Draeger204

Whiplash
    Sep 8, 2015
    Rockville, MD
    I had an EOTech 533 model that was supposed to be submersible to 20m of depth in water. This ensured me that it would resist the daily punishment of being banged up against the natural environment and manmade equipment overseas. One day in a firefight A-stan in 2012, the prism unglued itself from the inside after the second trigger pull. At first I thought I was reacting to the stress of combat because my target disappeared. When I realized the EOTech was broken I immediately switched to my back up sights. After we broke contact and returned to base, I contacted EOTech customer support, who didn't ask any details and only wanted me to mail it to them. Because of the shipping laws, EOTech wasn't able to send it to me. This put me in a bind and I continued my tour without an optic on my M4. They weren't exactly apologetic nor gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling that this wouldn't happen again. I did send it back to them this year and got a full refund.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Apr 6th- Filled out Refund Request
    Apr 7th- Approved Refund Request
    Apr 11th - Shipped XPS2 and 517
    Apr15th- Optics Rec'd @ EoTech

?? ?? - Rec'd Refund

April 3 Filled out Refund Request.

NOTHING...

Give it time. I heard nothing from EOTech until my check arrived just over 8 weeks after they received my return. Frustrating but worth the wait. Might take up to 12 weeks now to get a check.

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I had an EOTech 533 model that was supposed to be submersible to 20m of depth in water. This ensured me that it would resist the daily punishment of being banged up against the natural environment and manmade equipment overseas. One day in a firefight A-stan in 2012, the prism unglued itself from the inside after the second trigger pull. At first I thought I was reacting to the stress of combat because my target disappeared. When I realized the EOTech was broken I immediately switched to my back up sights. After we broke contact and returned to base, I contacted EOTech customer support, who didn't ask any details and only wanted me to mail it to them. Because of the shipping laws, EOTech wasn't able to send it to me. This put me in a bind and I continued my tour without an optic on my M4. They weren't exactly apologetic nor gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling that this wouldn't happen again. I did send it back to them this year and got a full refund.
    That must have been unnerving at the time considering you were being engaged. Luckily you made it through the rest of your tour well enough. Still must have not been the greatest joy to go so long without an optic of some sort.

Thank you for your service though. :thumbsup:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

This is the best reason I've heard for sending the optic in. I think I'll send in both now. I've been reluctant to do so because I like the reticle, but I like the "horseshoe" style on my Vortex and the new PA ACSS reticle optics almost as much.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I sold an Eotech to a friend a while back and this past weekend we went shooting. 5 shots and the thing turned off.

I'm going to give my buddy his money back and send it back to Eotech. What a friggin' PITA.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I sold an Eotech to a friend a while back and this past weekend we went shooting. 5 shots and the thing turned off. I'm going to give my buddy his money back and send it back to Eotech. What a friggin' PITA.

I have one EOTech, but it's been very reliable. Of course, no temp extremes etc. I like it, but leaning toward sending it back for AimPoint money.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have one EOTech, but it's been very reliable. Of course, no temp extremes etc. I like it, but leaning toward sending it back for AimPoint money.

This Eotech came about from me screwing up and leaving batteries in for a long, long time. When I realized what happened I contacted Eotech about a repair and they said they couldn't repair it but would give me a discount on a replacement, and it was a good discount.

I was pleased with the customer service and turnaround on their end and at some point got into the Aimpoints and never really looked back.

My buddy was looking for an inexpensive optic and liked it so it went on his rifle. But, after this last experience at the range and knowing the issues, I decided to give him his money back. I'll keep an eye out for an Aimpoint or Trijicon sale for him.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I sold an Eotech to a friend a while back and this past weekend we went shooting. 5 shots and the thing turned off.

I'm going to give my buddy his money back and send it back to Eotech. What a friggin' PITA.
    Yeah mine does that too. Battery contacts.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Apr 6th- Filled out Refund Request
    Apr 7th- Approved Refund Request
    Apr 11th - Shipped XPS2 and 517
    Apr 15th- Optics Rec'd @ EoTech
    Apr 25th - Email Confirmation from EoTech and quoted 3-4 weeks for payment
    June 6th - Rec'd Refund

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics