• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I received the same email as above. Sent my two EOTech's. Was a little hesitant because they don't provide an actual RMA / tracking number. Sent it with signature required, now the waiting game.

Doing the same with mine as I did not get an RMA # either. Just putting in a copy of the email chain.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Finally sent mine in today. Printed out the email chain to include in the box, and insured the shipment. I love the 65 MOA ring with 1 MOA dot, so unless a quality competitor has something similar, I'll likely be back with EOTech after getting the refund.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    I sent mine in over a month ago. Printed out my delivery confirmation that they received it. Included my return authorization request approval in the box with my 512. I have tried calling them several times as well as emailing the woman that gave me the original return authorization from their customer service department. I understand they are inundated but all I'm asking for is confirmation they received it and a rough eta on my refund.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Received response on two Eotech holographic sights. Their email response follows:

Your refund request has been received and approved. Please print and enclose this email chain, your RMA request (if filled out online) along with your optic and return it to:

EOTech Refunds
    1201 E Ellsworth Rd
    Ann Arbor MI 48108

Due to Shipping regulations please remove and discard all batteries prior to shipping.
    If you are retuning a MPO or HHS kit it must include both components.
    EOTech will add 15.00 return shipping on to your refund amount. We will process your refund request as soon as possible.
    To save space it is not necessary to return the plastic box with the optic.

How long after filling out the online form did you receive a response from EOTech? I filled out the online form about a week ago for two units and haven't heard a peep yet.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I get a chuckle out of this because I wonder how many of us had faulty Eotechs and never noticed. What does that say about us "shooters". It has me wondering because there were several times I got to the range and the darn Eotech needed adjusting and I could have sworn I had the darn thing sighted in. Pretty much every other time I got to the range the batteries were dead. I also had an issue with my 512 with the reticle being too dim too see. It seems fine now though. All in all, my two current Eotechs have serious flaws, and I won't miss them one bit.

This may be a contender for Eotech replacement
    http://www.themakogroup.com/optics/meprolightmepro-tru-dot-rds.html

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I get a chuckle out of this because I wonder how many of us had faulty Eotechs and never noticed. What does that say about us "shooters". It has me wondering because there were several times I got to the range and the darn Eotech needed adjusting and I could have sworn I had the darn thing sighted in. Pretty much every other time I got to the range the batteries were dead. I also had an issue with my 512 with the reticle being too dim too see. It seems fine now though. All in all, my two current Eotechs have serious flaws, and I won't miss them one bit.

This may be a contender for Eotech replacement
    http://www.themakogroup.com/optics/meprolightmepro-tru-dot-rds.html

Shooters dont like hearing that the gear they chose may be lacking or just poor quality. They wont hear any evidence from those who have seen issues.

I have my fair share of haters for the critical things I post about problem equipment and firearms.

People get emotionally invested in the equipment they own. There are still people that wont hear that Eotech optics are problematic. They wont hear it.

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Finally sent mine in today. Printed out the email chain to include in the box, and insured the shipment. I love the 65 MOA ring with 1 MOA dot, so unless a quality competitor has something similar, I'll likely be back with EOTech after getting the refund.

I'm still sitting on 2 because I like the reticle. If you are going to purchase another, why send it back? Are the new ones "fixed?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My 553 had a second, more significant issue and had been sitting in a bin for nearly a year as I hadn't bothered to send it in for a fix. This thread motivated me to have it fixed, but EOTech ignored my description of the problem and requested I just do rebate return.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Got the following email this morning:

"Dear (Immersion),

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech"

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    All,

I sent my Eotech site back 12/20/2015 and just received the following yesterday from Eotech:

"Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech"

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Are you guys just filling out the "RMA Request" on EoTech's website? If so, what are you putting in the box that asks for a "description of failure"?

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Are you guys just filling out the "RMA Request" on EoTech's website? If so, what are you putting in the box that asks for a "description of failure"?

Yes, I filled out the "RMA Request" on EoTech's website.
    Description of failure: "Reticle drifts throughout day on the range and will not hold zero."

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I got this yesterday: Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

I also read a post by Larry Vickers on his FB page stating that EOTech started the refund process without L3 Communications approval. That caused the hold up. My optic was mailed in earlier December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom